PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Nightmare Over??

mirvin
06-23-2004, 11:00 AM
So my tranny shop is stepping up big time. After 3 failed attempts at rebuilding my E4OD ( Bounder Motorhome) they've decided to install a brand new factory transmission which they will be purchasing and installing at no cost to me:D
I guess I should've gone to Ford in the first place:(
Heavy Duty Tranny Rebuild : $3,200
Towing (Every time the tranny blew up): $2,200
RV Rental $1,100
Good Times: Priceless
mirvin:) ;)

Hallett19
06-23-2004, 11:18 AM
Good times ??? nice justification for all the hassle :)

mirvin
06-23-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Hallett19
Good times ??? nice justification for all the hassle :)
Oh yea. Good times, you know, standing on the side of the freeway for 3 hours waiting for the tow truck, having to pile all of your gear into your buddies car so you can get to Bakersfield to rent an rv for your 8 day trip to the lake.
Good times.
mirvin;)

rrrr
06-23-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by mirvin
Oh yea. Good times, you know, standing on the side of the freeway for 3 hours waiting for the tow truck, having to pile all of your gear into your buddies car so you can get to Bakersfield to rent an rv for your 8 day trip to the lake.
Good times.
mirvin;)
Translation: He was drinking. A lot.
:D :D

JetBoatRich
06-23-2004, 12:07 PM
Mirvin, I never heard the story of third time:o that sucks, seems like a lot of hassle, how do you fit everything from an RV into a car:confused:
God luck with the new tranny:eek:

HCS
06-23-2004, 12:17 PM
I had that same trany in my Bronco. The thing was a hunk.
I paid 1900.00 to rebuilt it, then installed a shift kit.
It still didn't shift worth a damn when it got real hot outside.
Make sure you have a real nice trans cooler. There highly recommended.

mirvin
06-23-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
Mirvin, I never heard the story of third time:o that sucks, seems like a lot of hassle, how do you fit everything from an RV into a car:confused:
God luck with the new tranny:eek:
You're right Rich, the first time was the stock one blowing up so I never really complained about that;) I've actually lost track of how many times it has failed me.......
Good Times.
mirvin

mirvin
06-23-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
I had that same trany in my Bronco. The thing was a hunk.
I paid 1900.00 to rebuilt it, then installed a shift kit.
It still didn't shift worth a damn when it got real hot outside.
Make sure you have a real nice trans cooler. There highly recommended.
Yeah, it's got a brand new cooler with all new plumbing. THe weird thing is that everytime they rebuilt it, it ran great. Way stronger then the stock one ever did. And it never gave any warnings. It was always running great and then in the blink of an eye it would just pop out of gear and that was it.
First time on the 15 going up the hill, 2nd time coming up the grapevine from BV and the third time going up the grapevine northbound.
mirvin;)

HCS
06-23-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by mirvin
Yeah, it's got a brand new cooler with all new plumbing. THe weird thing is that everytime they rebuilt it, it ran great. Way stronger then the stock one ever did. And it never gave any warnings. It was always running great and then in the blink of an eye it would just pop out of gear and that was it.
First time on the 15 going up the hill, 2nd time coming up the grapevine from BV and the third time going up the grapevine northbound.
mirvin;)
Yep, that's exacly what they do. I had to pay for mine so I didn't
go with a factory rebuild. It was too much money.
But my Ford guys tell me that's the way to go. Factory rebuilds
are suppose to have all the updates.:)

Dave C
06-23-2004, 02:48 PM
what year and motor did you have?