PDA

View Full Version : place diverter up and down outlets?

victorfb
06-23-2004, 12:57 PM
which one is which? i transfered the hydrolic unit from one boat to another and was hooking up the lines and forgot which one is up and which one is down. anyone know? as it sits i have the (looking at the pump unit) left side hooked to down and right side up. i know its easy to swap around if i have em backwards, but id rather do it now before i put fluid in the lines again.

Cheap Thrills
06-23-2004, 01:02 PM
if it's like any other hydraulic ram the fitting on the bottom of the cylinder pushes the piston out and the one at the top of the Cylinder. pushes it back in . if thats any help to ya ?
C.T. :wink:

LB Matt
06-23-2004, 01:41 PM
if it's a Bennett pump, go to this link for schematic and manuals, may have what you need?
http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/trouble.htm
or call Place Diverter, they are very helpful
http://www.placediverter.com/
714-870-4040

victorfb
06-23-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Cheap Thrills
if it's like any other hydraulic ram the fitting on the bottom of the cylinder pushes the piston out and the one at the top of the Cylinder. pushes it back in . if thats any help to ya ?
C.T. :wink:
thanks for the tip, but thats not what i was talking about. i meant the hydrolic unit/pump. it has two side by side outlets. im sure i can figure it out by looking at the wire colors connected to each valve, but its tucked away and the cover has allready cracked once and i fixed it. dont feel like doing that again. i just figured someone would know which side is which or maybe still have the installation sheet. thanks though.
oh and the bennet link only showed a single actuator pump. oh well. we tried, thanks again. :D

Jake W
06-23-2004, 07:58 PM
How about this hook it up any way you want it and if it is wrong FLIP the switch over it does not know the diffrence .
Jake:D

Danhercules
06-23-2004, 08:24 PM
When lookin at the unit, the left one goes to the bottom. Thats how mine is.

victorfb
06-23-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Jake W
How about this hook it up any way you want it and if it is wrong FLIP the switch over it does not know the diffrence .
my switch does. its the two button switch that says up and down on it. otherwise, yea, thats what i would have done.
dans info is what i was after. thanks dan.

Jake W
06-23-2004, 08:43 PM
Oh its the wheel mount?

victorfb
06-23-2004, 08:50 PM
its basically the same as the wheel mount but without the coiled wires and diodes. switch looks the same though. i mounted it flat on the dash. i like the switch just didnt want wires going around my helm and wearing the paint. plus i like to know exactly were the button is even while slightly turning. i didnt need the diodes since i have the banderlog relay switch. that thing is way cool. my diverter pump now gets its main power straight from the battery with only about an 8 inch wire, and its like a #6 wire too.

AmericanThunder1
06-23-2004, 09:54 PM
I always just hook mine up and if its wrong I just switch the lines.:D Mine is a steering mount too I hate it seems the cord is always in the way. I am moving mine. If your trimming in a turn your button is upside down.:eek: