PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a 22.4 sst

hulshot
06-23-2004, 02:05 PM
Does anyone know of a used 22.4 SST Stoker out there with a BBC setup in it. I think I sold my CAt and am looking now for a Stoker.

eliminatedsprinter
06-23-2004, 02:26 PM
Jackpunx might sell you his for about a million bucks.;) :cool: You have great taste in boats.:D

hulshot
06-23-2004, 02:42 PM
Yes that sounds about right. I have talked to him already but not for that price. That seems to always happen, I sell my bigger better faster boat for cheaper than what a stock smaller slower boat goes for.Damn,

eliminatedsprinter
06-23-2004, 04:11 PM
I'm sure you know this already, but even though it's smaller it dosn't have to stay slower, that hull can be made to go 120+.:D And the handling...:eek: :D I've felt first hand how Mark's boat handles. Since I've never been in a jet fighter or a champ boat, I can honestly say I've never been in anything else that can corner so hard in my life.:D

eliminatedsprinter
06-24-2004, 12:12 PM
The reason I find this post interesting is because the Stoker 22.4 is one of the boats that is on the very short list of boats that I would like my next boat to be. Only my plan is to wait until I can afford one and then keep an eye out for the right deal, then sell my boat after the fact. Since that is not for at least a few years, I will keep an eye out for one for you. :cool:

HP350SC
06-24-2004, 09:10 PM
Although mine is a 22 I might consider selling next summer if anyone's interested. Around 50K.

hulshot
06-26-2004, 09:59 PM
Hey Hp I do want a 22.4 for the deeper interior but the bottoms are identical. I do ike yours. I dont want the motor though. would you consider it less motor???????? Mine is gone tomarrow.

HP350SC
06-27-2004, 02:14 PM
Glad to hear you sold your boat Don. Did you sell it less motor? Your motor in one of these would be nothing short of INSANE (in a good way!)
Next year I might be willing to sell, but I would have to find something to replace it and not sure what I want just yet. You could always sell my motor, or give it to the kids to play with in the sandbox LOL. What happened to the lead you had on the other Stoker?

jackpunx
06-28-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by hulshot
Hey Hp I do want a 22.4 for the deeper interior but the bottoms are identical. I do ike yours. I dont want the motor though. would you consider it less motor???????? Mine is gone tomarrow.
I think there was some changes to the bottom.. Not sure what they were.. but Al had mentioned it.
HP,
what are you going to move into?..

riverbound
06-28-2004, 08:45 AM
The "new" bottom is more forgivng and planes a lot better than the older 22 bottom. Al redesigned the 224sst to be more user friendly.

HP350SC
06-28-2004, 10:25 AM
I had not heard that the bottom was different. Always nice to learn something new. He did tell me the center of gravity was shifted a little. Can't imagine it planing too much better, or faster, as mine works really well. But I guess it's possible.
Haven't decided to sell just yet, have to enjoy all the work putting it together first! Maybe next year.:cool:

hulshot
06-28-2004, 09:49 PM
That is why I want a 22.4, but I wish there was one used. I dont want to pay there price for a new one. I dont want to waste all of my money just to get the boat then not have enough to build the motor. Yes the motor will be new.