PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a 22.4 sst

hulshot
06-23-2004, 02:12 PM
Being this is the local chat area for just about everything, I was wondering if anyone knows of a 22.4 SST Stoker for sale anywhere with a BBC setup in it??

mirvin
06-23-2004, 02:25 PM
Honestly, I've NEVER seen one for sale other then from Stoker:( Go to the source;)
mirvin

hulshot
06-23-2004, 02:37 PM
I have talked with AL adn yes going to the source is great but the money wasted when buying new. I just sold my 2000 26 cat for less than what a stock 22.4 sst is going for and mine did 120mph. I just want a smaller boat, and somthing that should cost less to build and run.

565edge
06-23-2004, 02:44 PM
Do you still have a 14-71 blower for sale?

jackpunx
06-23-2004, 02:46 PM
Good luck on that one.. Ive never seen an SST 224 for sale.. There is a message in that..
You could always get a daytona:D
j/k..No disrespect inteded to daytona owners..
I wont be selling mine anytime soon.. I will probably end up keeping it and then going into debt for the big boat.. (twin 1100's) in either a f29 ,Spectre or a 32 carrera.. who knows.. but it wont be this year..
Hullshot
Have you been in one yet?.. You may not even like them.. you should come down and go for a ride.. :D

riverbound
06-23-2004, 02:51 PM
I have been looking for a clean 22 sst for a couple of years now and it is a very hard boat to find. They almost never come up for sale and when they do it is usually sold to someone they know. I am in the process of convincing my parents to sell me theirs and have been working them for almost a year now. Good luck on the search but like everyone else said go directly to the source. These boats also hold their resale very well. The boat I am looking at is a 97 22 sst w/ the evinrude 300xp the boat is still worth 20k-28k.

XtrmWakeborder
06-23-2004, 03:41 PM
whats stokers website?

Lightning
06-23-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by XtrmWakeborder
whats stokers website?
That's what I'd like to know, I can't find it anywhere. I think they are made by a place called, John's Custom Marine.

shockwaveharry
06-23-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by jackpunx
...Have you been in one yet?.. You may not even like them.. :D
Yah... Right... One ride and I was scrambling for a for sale sign... :D

jackpunx
06-24-2004, 08:34 AM
LOL.. When you coming back out Harry??
The website is down..
You can call Al anytime.. 714.827.7920
I must say.. if you want a top of the line best in class 22' boat.. Stoker is the way to go.
You will pay out the a** But you will get what you pay for.. They hold their value very well..
You will have something that will out handle just about anything out there , turns on a dime..Run fast with minimum power and you wont see another one on the water.. Unless you come to Parker.... there is two of us out there. (SST 224)
Anyone who isn’t sure.. Or is in the market for a top of the line high performance boat.. .. Let me know and I'll take you for a test ride.
Or throw up a thread for best riding 22' boat.. and see what you get back:D
Mark

hulshot
06-26-2004, 09:52 PM
Hey Jackpunx, yes I have been inthem before. I used to live down the street from them in Anaheim and would go there always. My Dads good friend used to work with them rigging and building them. I have talked to lil john and Al many times, but this was years ago. They are very stubborn about selling a boat with no power in it. they said they will not sell a boat incomplete. They will only sell it turn key. Also the motor has to be 100% marine approved. I will wait and see. I am going to start building a motor for one soon. ((BIG))

jackpunx
06-28-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by hulshot
Hey Jackpunx, yes I have been inthem before. I used to live down the street from them in Anaheim and would go there always. My Dads good friend used to work with them rigging and building them. I have talked to lil john and Al many times, but this was years ago. They are very stubborn about selling a boat with no power in it. they said they will not sell a boat incomplete. They will only sell it turn key. Also the motor has to be 100% marine approved. I will wait and see. I am going to start building a motor for one soon. ((BIG))
I'll continue to keep my eyes open for you..
I would love to see one with (big) power.. :D

hulshot
06-28-2004, 09:43 PM
Thanks Mark, If I can get Stoker to bend the rules some or help out alittle I may be getting somthing together sooner than later.

jackpunx
06-29-2004, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by hulshot
Thanks Mark, If I can get Stoker to bend the rules some or help out alittle I may be getting somthing together sooner than later.
I talked to him in the past.. I think as long as he rigs it.. He will put your motor in.. I know you want to rig it yourself.. I think he is more concerned with safty then anything else..
Let me know if I can help in anyway.. Would love to see a project like this one.. :D

hulshot
06-29-2004, 07:29 PM
first I need to work out some numbers and engine ideas to get a feel of what will work and what may be too much. I will be doing some research before starting. I want to have everything how I want it.