PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Boat

Schiada76
06-23-2004, 02:46 PM
Stolen boat story
when the boat was stolen, last sat. nite, the neighbours saw the guy and gave us a description of him and the flatbed. of course we phoned 911 and got the rapid response time of around 4 and a half hours.I made a report and told them where the truck is often seen in our neighbourhood. i was told the investigating officer would get back to me by monday. i still dont know who he is and no one has gotten back to me.
yesterday, the homlessguy who told me where he had seen the truck,knocked on my door. he said the truck was nearby. we went to the area and asked nearby buisnesses if they had seen it. when we went to the nearby storage facility, the manager said he knew the guy. he had rented space to him and evicted him. his mother had come back and rented a space, that he was now useing. he wanted him out as he was "a lowlife scum who brings the worst element to my buisness, proabably a crack dealer." he gave us his mothers address in alameda (bayfarm). we went down there and the boat was parked on the corner of island and fir, less than a block from his mothers house on sant cruz ln. we called 911 and they were there within 10 min. a fingerprint officer arrived and started lifting good prints. while this was underway the suspect arrives on the scene and started shouting" what you doing on the boat" the beat cop asks him to pull over and the guy takes off.the beat officer stays with us for protection and calls backup to apprehend the guy. he says its as good as in the bag.the bad guy had a 2' by 4' solar pannel on the back of the boat charging the battery. when the cops were done they gave us the case number and their personal card. we asked them about the solar pannel and they said it was on the boat and not to leave it on the street.there was also a stolen compressor across the street. the police said the boat was there for 3 days. they had run the cf no and came up with nothing (why not oakland pd????)they were going to tow it today.sounds like a happy ending to a bad story...wrong..read on..
we get back to my house to phone my friend in west oakland who has a huge wharehouse to store the boat. a bunch of my friends gather on the front poarch to swig a couple of brewskies and gab about the ordeal. we look up to the sound of screaching wheels. the 30 ft flatbed with the thief inside nearly runs us over.he jumps out with a holster on his belt screaming hes gonna kill us all. we scatter. 4 911 calls go out. the girl next door was so scared she said shots fired. we realize the holster has a vicegrip in it.the crack crazed bad guy is running around trying to engage any of us, screaming that its his boat and where is his solar pannell.I live at a cross street on san leandro where a railway line crosses the road. the boom drops on the back of his flatbed. he jumps into the truck and breaks the boom off, just in time to save his truck from the oncoming train. but now hes stuck in a dead end street with a long freight train blocking him in.surely the cops will pitch soon right...dream on. he does a 20 point turn between the house and boat, coming really close to the boat. flashes of that armoured bulldozer go through my mind. he dosent hit it and drives away slowly. 2 hrs later and more calls to the police we decide to order a pizza and take bets as to who arrives first. pizza or cops. all bets are off when the cops and pizza arrive at the same time 45 min later. the cop tells he was called out on a road hazard notice because the boom was in the road.im sure there are members who are oakland police officers, this is not a personal stab at you, just the facts. the system is about as useful as a skiff with a 2' dia hole in it.when we ask the responding officer what to do if he comes back, he says "phone 911, well be here real quick". fogive me for not believing him. i have left 3 calls with the criminal investigation department, telling them that he threatend to kill us and am in fear of my life. no calls back. they must have better things to do.alameda cops got an a+.
Not my boat but a hellava good story.
:D

summerlove
06-23-2004, 02:52 PM
so it was his boat after all!;)
good story....thanks

dicudmore
06-23-2004, 02:55 PM
good story......

Aqua Boogie1
06-23-2004, 03:54 PM
Glad you got your boat back............But Alameda police have nothing to do........they spend time looking 4 people making u-turns on residental streets. Thats why they have a quick response time. I know exactly where your talking about, I used to live about five minutes from there. Now the Oakland police system.........thats another story. Half of those guys are criminals themselfs, I know from personal experiences.;)

dmontzsta
06-23-2004, 04:16 PM
This is some crazy ish. :)

plaster dave
06-23-2004, 04:34 PM
thats great you got your boat back i just wish you guys would of RODNEY KINGS his ass, thats just my thoughts about thiefs.:D

Schiada76
06-23-2004, 04:45 PM
Not my baot, just a story off a fishing forum.
I would have RK'd his ass in a heartbeat.:D

Scream
06-23-2004, 04:48 PM
That guy needs to make some noise in the City Council, and the brass in the police department. He should also send that story to the local newspaper, cause that's a good story of how some le departments prioritize poorly.
Alameda, Oakland, all those areas up there need help.