PDA

View Full Version : Chance to Open the Sandbar?

LHC30Victory
06-23-2004, 02:56 PM
the Lake Havasu Herald is running a poll on their website:
http://www.havasunews.com/
that want folks opinion on how to curb the indecent behavior in the channel. One of the choices is to open the sandbar (on busy weekends). Sounds like a chance to get our voices heard.
Can't hurt

RiverToysJas
06-23-2004, 03:02 PM
Thanks! Re-open the Sandbar is the slim winner, so far - over MORE law enforcement.
RTJas :D

Ducatista
06-23-2004, 03:04 PM
Good tip....just voted to re-open. It will ease up Steamboat!

Phat Matt
06-23-2004, 03:10 PM
Just voted myself, re-open it!

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-23-2004, 03:15 PM
o.k I must be stupid ,... where is the poll to vote.. I don't see it.:( ;)

jbtrailerjim
06-23-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Ducatista
Good tip....just voted to re-open. It will ease up Steamboat!
Yeah, no doubt. Steamboat is getting pretty busy on the weekends now. I just voted to re-open the sandbar.

topless
06-23-2004, 03:18 PM
Don't feel bad MFV, I don't see it either.

RiverToysJas
06-23-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
Click the link, look halfway down on the left... ;)
RTJas :D

jbtrailerjim
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
Open the link and it's on the bottom left corner of the page.

MRS FLYIN VEE
Originally posted by topless
Don't feel bad MFV, I don't see it either.
maybe girls with pop-ups can't vote.. LOL!!;) :p

MRS FLYIN VEE
thanks guys.. :D

welk2party
06-23-2004, 03:21 PM
It is on the bottom left, girls!
I cannot believe that more law enforcement is that close for second.:eek:

bigerich
06-23-2004, 03:21 PM
Try scrolling down a bit and looking at the left of the page.... Re-open the sandbar!

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-23-2004, 03:24 PM
got it thanks guys.. ;)

XtrmWakeborder
06-23-2004, 03:24 PM
just voted re-open sandbar.....36 percent re-open to 25 percent law enforcement

Hallett19
06-23-2004, 03:30 PM
like we all do when we see a beer ........... OPEN IT !!!

MASTERKENDOG
06-23-2004, 03:42 PM
Did it too, reopen!
Here are the results as of 6-23-04 @ 4:36 pm
Online Poll
"What action should be taken to prevent indecent behavior in the Bridgewater Channel, particularly on busy summer weekends?"
Nothing ‹ leave it as it is 17.2%
Reopen the Sandbar 38.9%
Close the Channel on busy weekends 14.2%
More law enforcement 24.7%
Don't know 3.1%
Total Votes: 360
Your Vote: Reopen the Sandbar

1stepcloser
06-23-2004, 03:55 PM
Reopen the sandbar....then send more law enforcement there to keep everyone in line:D

KACHINA KEN
06-23-2004, 04:10 PM
Re-Open now leading by 16%!
BTW, has anyone else ever wondered why they will take the time to park the barge with the officers on it on a busy weekend just to shoo people off and not just re open the sandbar and still bring the barge out so we can have the police presense? I mean they are there no matter what right? I wonder how long the general population is going to have to pay for some knuckleheads who think stabbin people at the lake is a good idea....
Kinda reminds me of that movie 'Armageddon' with Bruce Willis when the a-hole lead astronaut pulls out a 45 pistol and one of Bruce's crew goes " what are you doing with a gun in space, man?"
It's kinda like " why would you bring a knife to a sandbar? wrong hardware buttmunch, you only need a can top-popper or a beer bong.
ok, I'm done now....
kenny

Debbolas
06-23-2004, 04:49 PM
Open the Sandbar has 41% now!
:D

Hal
06-23-2004, 04:59 PM
Heres something I found in the forums on that site about the channel. It looks like the locals don't like the sluts and the loud stereos. I guess if the ladies, if you can call them that, could keep their clothes on and keep their hands off each other and the aholes with the loud stereos would turn down the volume to where other people could enjoy themselves everyone could get along. Would'nt that be nice. They could open the whole lake up.
Its been said many times. Just respect the people around you. Your in someone elses nieghborhood. Try to act as you would in your own nieghborhood.
Quote:
I think the channel on holidays can get quite disgusting. I am certainly no prude and enjoy having fun and I love Lake Havasu. So well in fact that within a week of our first visit we owned a boat. Since then we are on our fourth boat, have built a home and have wonderful friends. I believe several things need to be done to eliminate some of the outrageous activities of the channel. 1) Make it one way on holiday weekends. 2) Arrest anyone who displays nudity 3) Open the sandbar and let the outrageous go do their thing there. People who want to watch or be a part of can get their fill. Leave the channel and Steamboat Cove to the families. The weekend partiers are ruining it for those of us who are regular boaters. Closing the channel will only hurt the businesses that make a good portion of their annual income on the holiday weekends. People have come to have a lack of respect for themselves and others. I appreciate the information on carbon monoxide and that boats are directed not to idle on the shore. Next if we can only get the floating stereos to tone it so that their own boat occupants can hear their music would be wonderful. I find it interesting that they think we all want to hear what they think is appropriate. Nothing screws up an nice day at Steamboat Cove as one of the floating stereos coming in and ruining the sound of childrens laughter, adults laughing and having fun, or the sounds of the birds. We forget the lake is for everyone and everyone needs to respect everyone else. If you want to blast your stereo find an empty cove elsewhere. Lets keep it a place where we can bring our children and grandchildren and enjoy it everyday without unnecessary and unenforceable rules.
Marcy
Monday, Jun 21, 2004 (08:06:34 pm MDT)

Goldilocks
06-23-2004, 05:04 PM
Definitely re-open the sandbar. Just voted for that.

FRENCHIE
06-23-2004, 05:29 PM
reopen sandbar just voted...its up to 44% now!!;)

Ziggy
06-23-2004, 05:40 PM
still at 44 with my vote

koolaid
06-23-2004, 05:54 PM
"I am certainly no prude and enjoy having fun !" Oh sure! sheeeeeeesssshhhh!:D

KACHINA KEN
06-24-2004, 01:02 AM
45.3% @ 0153 hrs

Huckleberry
06-24-2004, 03:45 AM
Sandbar! Sandbar! Sandbar! Vote early, and vote often!