PDA

View Full Version : Catralina Ski Race this weekend.

River Lynchmob
06-24-2004, 07:04 AM
Catalina is fast approching this saturday the 26th. The best place to watch is the West Costa Hotel. Get there early to see all the teams drop off there drivers licenses starting about 7 am. After that head down to the fan tail for the Queen Mary to watch the start, admission on to the boat should be free. There are bars set up with anything you could want.
The start will be at 8 am sharp (weather permitting, should be good i've talked to many who have skied and the visability has been fine) 21' boats will go out first with the rest playing catch up leaving 7 mins later.
This year should be the biggest field in a number of years. There are 12 mens open skiers (the most in 5 years). Also the length of boat has been raised from 39' to 43' this year. This should make things very interesting and make for some good battles on the water.
The finish should be by 9 am. and hopefully we can make it 4 for 5 this year. If any of you see me afterwards i'd love to have a beer with you. (if you don't know i'll be in boat 740 a 42' Fountain)

superdave013
06-24-2004, 07:20 AM
I can't wait!
I grew up on a lake in the mid west and ski racing is unheard of back there. My dad was out a few years ago and we took the schiada out to stinksmore. Some guys were out trainning and pops about shit when he saw how fast and long they skied. (my boat couldn't keep up)
Anyway, this weekend is his first time back out. He's gonna love watching this show!

markc
06-24-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by River Lynchmob
Catalina is fast approching this saturday the 26th. The best place to watch is the West Costa Hotel. Get there early to see all the teams drop off there drivers licenses starting about 7 am. After that head down to the fan tail for the Queen Mary to watch the start, admission on to the boat should be free. There are bars set up with anything you could want.
The start will be at 8 am sharp (weather permitting, should be good i've talked to many who have skied and the visability has been fine) 21' boats will go out first with the rest playing catch up leaving 7 mins later.
This year should be the biggest field in a number of years. There are 12 mens open skiers (the most in 5 years). Also the length of boat has been raised from 39' to 43' this year. This should make things very interesting and make for some good battles on the water.
The finish should be by 9 am. and hopefully we can make it 4 for 5 this year. If any of you see me afterwards i'd love to have a beer with you. (if you don't know i'll be in boat 740 a 42' Fountain)
Is Marty going to ski behing Randy again?

River Lynchmob
06-24-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by markc
Is Marty going to ski behing Randy again?
Yes he is. Should be another good battle this year. He got us by 7 secs last year we got him by 8 sec the year before. This year should be good.

dimarcobros
06-24-2004, 08:21 AM
Good luck lynch. Have you guys decided what you are going to get after this boat?
DMB

markc
06-24-2004, 08:22 AM
Yes he is. Should be another good battle this year. He got us by 7 secs last year we got him by 8 sec the year before. This year should be good.
I think you may have the edge! with Marty being injured at Parker and seeing Todd ski at Pittsburg he did very well.

River Lynchmob
06-24-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by dimarcobros
Good luck lynch. Have you guys decided what you are going to get after this boat?
DMB
We're looking at either another 42 Fountain or a 42 Outerlimits so wee will see.

dimarcobros
06-24-2004, 09:34 AM
Hey Lynch, where can we get some speed ski racing gear? Ski, rope, helmet, and vest?
DMB

River Lynchmob
06-24-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by markc
I think you may have the edge! with Marty being injured at Parker and seeing Todd ski at Pittsburg he did very well.
We will see there are alot of really good skiers this year behind alot of really good boats. I do know that Tood is very focused this year alot more so than last year. But like i said there are alot of people that are as well. We will all know in about 48 hours won't we?!
PS I will never count Marty out unless he isn't skiing.

superdave013
06-24-2004, 09:46 AM
Hey Lynch, where can we get some speed ski racing gear? Ski, rope, helmet, and vest?
DMB
Endos in Long Beach has all that stuff in stock.

River Lynchmob
06-24-2004, 09:46 AM
DMB
try these links:
http://www.maherajah.com/
or
http://www.dcwaterskis.com.au/
If you call DC talk to Danny he's a really cool guy tell him i told you to call. I'm sure he'll have smart ass comment to make, if he does just tell him he's a **** wit.

Steamin' Rice
06-24-2004, 10:06 AM
........We will all know in about 48 hours won't we?.....
As long as there's no fog in the morning!! :D
Good luck this year!

River Lynchmob
06-24-2004, 10:41 AM
Who's going? lets get a little roll call going.

dimarcobros
06-24-2004, 10:49 AM
Who's going? lets get a little roll call going.
Check on the sandbar, Shake-yo-azz started a thread over there.
DMB

Up 4 River
06-24-2004, 11:14 AM
Good luck to you guys and Todd this year Lynch!:D
U4R

burtandnancy
06-24-2004, 02:11 PM
good luck Jack, handicapped you elsewhere. I'll see you on the beach afterwards...

h2ospdskir
06-24-2004, 05:40 PM
hey jack look for my girl jordyn . maybe she will not puke and ski this year want to make it past the island haha

River Lynchmob
06-24-2004, 06:33 PM
h2o wish her luck and tell her just to have fun after all thats what its all about.

AdrenelineOD
06-24-2004, 09:55 PM
I was working but I`ll get it done fri. I`ll be around the aria LBC (No Boat though)

Misogynist
06-25-2004, 03:14 AM
Good luck this year guys.. :)