PDA

View Full Version : Women!

copperrat20
06-24-2004, 08:42 AM
How come guys remember directions by street names and women remember directions by landmarks? You know--- you will be looking for a street name and can't find it because your probably thinking of a different location and the wife or girlfriend says I remeber it was down that street right there. And you say how do you know that- and she says because I remember that red sign on that chain link fence that was next to the little blue house that had the dead lawn with that molded little kiddy pool in the middle of the porch. And all you can remember is oak street!
What is it with women? I only bring this up because it happened to me again yesterday. Anyone else have this problem?

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-24-2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by copperrat20
How come guys remember directions by street names and women remember directions by landmarks? You know--- you will be looking for a street name and can't find it because your probably thinking of a different location and the wife or girlfriend says I remeber it was down that street right there. And you say how do you know that- and she says because I remember that red sign on that chain link fence that was next to the little blue house that had the dead lawn with that molded little kiddy pool in the middle of the porch. And all you can remember is oak street!
What is it with women? I only bring this up because it happened to me again yesterday. Anyone else have this problem?
I agree with you.. but it's because we pay more attention to other things that men wouldn't think twice about,.. :D ;)

Debbolas
06-24-2004, 08:47 AM
All I know is that NO MAN AT ANY TIME IN HIS LIFE will ever ask for directions.....................LOL:D This totally cracks me up, we can be lost as h e l l and yes we will stop and buy a map, but no directions!
LOL;)

Stupid Fast
06-24-2004, 08:49 AM
YOu have never gotten directions from an old hillbilly have you?

YW82DRM
I think we remember landmarks because we aren't driving. When you driving you have to look for street names because you can't look for landmarks or you'll crash.

copperrat20
Originally posted by Debbolas
All I know is that NO MAN AT ANY TIME IN HIS LIFE will ever ask for directions.....................LOL:D This totally cracks me up, we can be lost as h e l l and yes we will stop and buy a map, but no directions!
LOL;)
Yeah that is true but we usually don't ask because there is either a guy behind the counter that doesn't know either or there is a woman behind the counter that is going to give you directions by detailed landmarks. We just want street names.:p

HCS
06-24-2004, 09:10 AM
My wife wants me to ask directions when I already know where I'm going.:confused:

Stupid Fast
06-24-2004, 09:12 AM
I had sent my buddy to ask some guy sitting in a chair how to get to where we were headed. He was laughing so hard when he got back in the car he could barely talk. :D :D
Forensic [/B][/QUOTE]
Welcome to my world.....and my wife wonders why I do not ask for directions......:rolleyes:

YW82DRM
06-24-2004, 09:14 AM
I think what frustrates me more than the directions thing is when we go to the store or wherever and we have to drive around the parking lot for 20 minutes to find the perfect spot.... then we find the spot and he has to back in which is another 5-10.... EEEEK Drives me crazy

copperrat20
06-24-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by YW82DRM
I think what frustrates me more than the directions thing is when we go to the store or wherever and we have to drive around the parking lot for 20 minutes to find the perfect spot.... then we find the spot and he has to back in which is another 5-10.... EEEEK Drives me crazy
We like to stay on top of the game when it comes to backing up! You can always tell those guys that don't usually back up. True colors show at the launch ramp!:eek: :D

Her454
06-24-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
My wife wants me to ask directions when I already know where I'm going.:confused:
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

mirvin
06-24-2004, 09:56 AM
One word: uteris
mirvin:D

SILVERWING
06-24-2004, 10:14 AM
USE A GPS