PDA

View Full Version : Mojave Experts

Skaterfast
06-24-2004, 02:22 PM
I will be going to Mojave on the 5th or 6th of July, launching at the ramp 1/2 way up the lake. Is that Cotton Wood cove or Cat Tail? We will be camping one night. Any good spots to camp with a nice cove? If I remember correctly there are no piknik benches like on Havasu.We will be tubing then camp out,catch some fish for dinner then go to the damm the next morning.

burtandnancy
06-24-2004, 02:47 PM
If you are coming from SoCal, and go thru Searchlite, then you are going to Cottonwood Cove. The best camping/boating/sightseeing/fishing/tubing is upriver towards Hoover Dam, and don't miss the hot springs. There is gas and groceries at Willow Beach. Best boating on the entire Colorado River, but don't tell anyone...

BADBLOWN572
06-24-2004, 02:59 PM
Definitely go out of Cottonwood. Up towards Hoover, as burtandnancy said, is excelent camping. However, another great camping spot is Owl Point. It is up about 15 miles from Cottonwood. The river comes together and makes a 90* turn to the right. There is a cove on the right side that has great camping with nice sandy beaches. Usually that fills up quickly.
Another good place to camp is just outside of Cottonwood. Go out of the 5mph zone and turn right. Two coves right there w/ nice beaches.

hboldno7
06-24-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by BADBLOWN572
Another good place to camp is just outside of Cottonwood. Go out of the 5mph zone and turn right. Two coves right there w/ nice beaches.
I think that may be called Ski Cove of I remember correctly

BADBLOWN572
06-24-2004, 03:32 PM
It is, but if you try to explain a location to someone by saying "ski cove," they will look at you and go :confused: . If you say turn right and the two coves on your right it is pretty descriptive.

hboldno7
06-24-2004, 03:45 PM
True Dat !!
Hey Skaterfast, your Avatar is pretty sweet. Is that your Boat ?

Skaterfast
06-25-2004, 07:24 AM
Any places to eat on the water for dinner.You know in case we don't catch the big one.
Yes, my avatar is me and cousin Abbott on the way home from Avalon after watching the skiirs make the turn.

BADBLOWN572
06-25-2004, 08:18 AM
There is a little Cafe out in Cottonwood. You can pull the boat up to the courtesy docks and walk on up, but that is about it. Nothing really good or gourmet on that lake.