PDA

View Full Version : larrys performance??

jrork
06-24-2004, 03:34 PM
Hi,
I have been looking for a 454 short block and came across "Larry's Performance inc." Have any of you folks heard of or had any experience with them? They are located in Montebello, Ca. Do you know of any other dealers that have good solid 454 short blocks for fairly cheap. The motor will be going in an 18 foot jet boat. Thanks Ian

BrendellaJet
06-24-2004, 04:05 PM
I think Ive seen them advertise in a few of the car mags. Never bought anything from them though. Lets see some pics of your boat.

BlownHowardCat
06-24-2004, 04:54 PM
I was in that place a few years ago.......They have 2 buildings......1 where they sell parts and another where they do the assembly work.........Thier assembly area was very unorganized and very dirty......Oh yeah.....If you do have them do any work make sure you can ask the questions in spanish.......IMHO.......I think you should look elsewhere unless they have cleaned up thier act.

jrork
06-24-2004, 05:16 PM
Here is a picture of our brendella its a 1978 18'. Thanks for the warning BlownHowardCat. Any ideas of other places would be much appriciated. Ian
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=44862&password=&sort=2&thecat=521

BlownHowardCat
06-24-2004, 05:59 PM
Theres a couple of guy's here on the boards.........Try Infomaniac or GT.........Maybe 1 of them could help you out.

jrork
06-24-2004, 06:45 PM
Im pretty sure those are way out of our budget. We are talkin bare bones short block, nuthing special at all. Id like to be able to eventually build onto this motor. 4 Bolt would be great but not needed. Any thoughts help out!! thanks for your ideas BlownHowardCat. Ian

BrendellaJet
06-24-2004, 08:41 PM
Check out some of the GM crate motors. I bet you can find a long block with some forged parts that would make a good foundation. Not sure about the prices, but I know the small blocks can be had for pretty cheap. Motor may need a cam change, but that aint hard.

tahitijet
06-24-2004, 08:48 PM
You may want to try sending an email to Barry at AGT001@aol.com. He Frequents these boards and did a excellent job with my motor and kept it well within my budget.