PDA

View Full Version : Commancer Vs. Ultra

happy@havasu
06-24-2004, 06:15 PM
Hey I am looking and getting a new boat and I have a deal on both a cammander 26 signature and a 247xs ultra any info I gat get to build on I would be greatful thankz.

Kachina26
06-24-2004, 06:17 PM
POPCORN!!! GET YOUR POPCORN RIGHT HERE!!!!!

Ultracrazy
06-24-2004, 06:44 PM
Holy crap....not again:frown: :D

Ultracrazy
06-24-2004, 06:45 PM
No offense dude......but this thread will be debated for the next 5 weeks. But.....of course......I love my Ultra :D

FRENCHIE
06-24-2004, 07:02 PM
here we go again! cant wait to see this one get torn up! Maybee you should just go directly to ultra!! Do not pas go, do not collect $200, go directly to jail ...if your even thinking or saying the word "Commander!" :yuk: adn you might want to delete this thread b4 it becomes an open target to terroroists!:rolleyes:

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-24-2004, 07:09 PM
come on guys give him a break.. help him out.. I can't cause I don't own our ultra anymore and I've never had the other.. But for now I would have to go with ultra for ya newbi..
MRS FLYIN(waiting for the bash) VEE:D :D

XtrmWakeborder
06-24-2004, 07:37 PM
maybe this thread will be more about performance because he says hes got deals on both, implying hes not going to the company "i assume"...id go with ultra personally just on the looks over the commander, dont know about the performance though. Besides commander is havin problems now, who knows if theyll be able to answer any questions in the fututre for yah

THATJEFFGUY
06-24-2004, 09:03 PM
speaking from experience...
http://members.aol.com/jeff2233/commander

superdave013
06-24-2004, 09:09 PM
I know John @ Inland Ultra and I know for a fact he is a heck of a nice guy and a straight shooter.
I've never met the owner of Ultra but he posts here and he seems really cool too.
The guy from Commander has posted a few times. I'll let you do the search and read that for yourself.

jbtrailerjim
06-25-2004, 05:43 AM
After all the complaints I have read about Commander; there's no way in hell I would buy a boat from them. I'm not saying they build a bad boat but there business ethics are horrible and I've just heard way too many horror stories about the problems people have had with them after they have taken delivery of the boat. I love my Ultra and I'd definitely recommend anyone thats lookin at new boats, go take a look at an Ultra before you make a decision. I can't say enough nice thing's about everyone at Ultra. John West, Steve, and the guy's who rig the boat's down in El Cajon all cool and very easy to deal with. John D. & Bob at Inland Ultra are also cool as hell. You won't go wrong if you decide to buy an Ultra.

shadow
06-25-2004, 06:17 AM
there is no comparison between the two.I,m on my second Ultra
If you want a great boat Give John a call (619)443-1100.superior service,graphics,rigging,overall quality and by far resale value.not to mention better looking boat.

twistedpair
06-25-2004, 06:59 AM
Why am I getting flashbacks to the old 'Happyboater' thread?;)
Do a forum search on Commander, that should tell you all you need to know.

Steamin' Rice
06-25-2004, 07:26 AM
"SEARCH"...
You will find some info that may help you out.....

BoatFloating
06-25-2004, 07:50 AM
Here is my answer for you.
The guys that own Ultra's tell him all the good things or bad things about the boat and what sold you on it. Service, quality and other things. Then leave all the Commander bashing out unless you owned one.
The guys that own Commander's do the same and the popcorn can stay in the machine.
It gets a little old with all the bashing from people that have never owned one or the others.

THATJEFFGUY
06-25-2004, 10:06 AM
I currently own a Commander, and I would absolutely NEVER EVER buy another boat from them. Their customer service literally sucks, the salesmen lie, and their boats are..well, let's just say priced lower for a good reason...you get what you pay for ! And I am speaking from experience !
I have never owned an Ultra, but I have dealt with John West on some other items, and he's a helluva nice guy and honest ! Give him a call, I'm sure you won't be disappointed !

Jrocket
06-25-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by BoatFloating
Here is my answer for you.
The guys that own Ultra's tell him all the good things or bad things about the boat and what sold you on it. Service, quality and other things. Then leave all the Commander bashing out unless you owned one.
The guys that own Commander's do the same and the popcorn can stay in the machine.
It gets a little old with all the bashing from people that have never owned one or the others.
Get out of here,your taking the drama out of it! LOL:D
Ive never owned either brand but I will say that Ive dealt with John West before and he is great to do buisness with.Plus I think Ultra has some of the best gel coats around.

unleashed
06-25-2004, 02:26 PM
I've never owned either boat but Ive seen what ultra has been putting out lately and Im definitly impressed. They seem to have it together as a company and very custom to what the customers needs are. John and his family are pretty cool people as well and they are not afraid to come on the boards and talk about there products. Goodluck with your decision.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

Ziggy
06-25-2004, 05:14 PM
99% folks just get along with Sy and some others don't. :rolleyes:
I have never had a problem with Commander, Sy has always done what he said with me.....on both my boats, which have run and performed perfectly.
John West at Ultra is first class, talked with him a couple times and has a great attractive product.
I could easily recommend either product.....its a personal choice you have to make.

dean51267
06-25-2004, 06:33 PM
Smile

Larry Nebb
06-25-2004, 08:55 PM
Dean, That's helpfull advice there. :rolleyes:
We buy these boats because the fit our lifestyle, budget and the space we have to store them. Please don't make us feel bad because we are not in the position to own an ocean vessel.
Your 31 does sound nice though. Maybe one of these days my ship will come in that large.

phebus
06-25-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Larry Nebb
Dean, That's helpfull advice there. :rolleyes:
We buy these boats because the fit our lifestyle, budget and the space we have to store them. Please don't make us feel bad because we are not in the position to own an ocean vessel.
Your 31 does sound nice though. Maybe one of these days my ship will come in that large.
If you moved to Paducah, KY, you would probably be in a position to own one. Me, I'd rather have a smaller boat and a home in So. Cal.

FRENCHIE
06-27-2004, 04:04 PM
boy only 20 responses not what i though on this topic!?:(

Kachina26
06-27-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by FRENCHIE
boy only 20 responses not what i though on this topic!?:(
If you're looking for a fix turn on the soap opera channel.

BoatFloating
06-27-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Jrocket
Get out of here,your taking the drama out of it! LOL:D
Ive never owned either brand but I will say that Ive dealt with John West before and he is great to do buisness with.Plus I think Ultra has some of the best gel coats around.
Just feeling a little emotional that day. Screw it flame away:D

Starloans
06-27-2004, 07:07 PM
Where did Happy go????????
Hurry up and say something before they cancel this thread!
:rolleyes:

dexman38
06-27-2004, 08:01 PM
go look at a shockwave. ask for barry.

happy@havasu
06-27-2004, 08:50 PM
Hello. and I would like to say thank you for all you input and advice and after another week end at havasu and riding in both types of boat I think we( the family) are sold on Ultra we all like the over all boat and ride better. But none the lees we are greatful for eveyones replys.
Thank you again

Kilrtoy
06-27-2004, 09:52 PM
Im sure the gel will be off the hook. Can't wait to see it

Wicky
06-28-2004, 06:25 PM
I have a friend that owns an Ultra. And I have a friend that OWNED a Commander. The one with the Ultra still has his Ultra.
The Commander was sold. As I remember he waited quite a while for his Commander too. Only owned it for a year, maybe two.
Mow,
Wicky

dr. margarita
06-30-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by THATJEFFGUY
I currently own a Commander, and I would absolutely NEVER EVER buy another boat from them. Their customer service literally sucks, the salesmen lie, and their boats are..well, let's just say priced lower for a good reason...you get what you pay for ! And I am speaking from experience !
I have never owned an Ultra, but I have dealt with John West on some other items, and he's a helluva nice guy and honest ! Give him a call, I'm sure you won't be disappointed !
Man, have I heard this many times!!

THOR
07-01-2004, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by dr. margarita
Man, have I heard this many times!!
Do you know any Ultra owners Dr. Marg? ;)

dicudmore
07-01-2004, 07:33 AM
I do is there a prize :confused: ;)

Bow Tie Omega
07-03-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
POPCORN!!! GET YOUR POPCORN RIGHT HERE!!!!!
Hee hee hee hee:D :D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

CJ
07-11-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Wicky
I have a friend that owns an Ultra. And I have a friend that OWNED a Commander. The one with the Ultra still has his Ultra.
The Commander was sold. As I remember he waited quite a while for his Commander too. Only owned it for a year, maybe two.
Mow,
Wicky
I've had friends with every boat who have hated them. I am a Chevy guy, not because Ford breaks down, but because my dad had a Chevy.
Definitely have a look at both companies. Ultra makes a very stylish boat with a great gel coat. John West is a stand up guy. Commander makes a strong boat for the money. I have had one for years and LOVE it. The Commander getl-coats I've seen have been flawless.
As for Sy, he is a wonderful guy. There are rumors and truths. They are having trouble now, as has Ultra and Eliminator, and Skater, and so on.
Sy has stood up every time any Commander owner I have spoken to has called. And I have talked to MANY. The few that talk shit are the same that would talk shit of other companies.
I agree that Commander has a stigma attached to it, however I understand many of the issues they have gone through for years and have discussed them at length with Sy and many others on all sides of the story. Sy has worked his ass off to grow the company, has constantly improved and will someday outgrow the "Bayliner" image some think of it. I hope his son, Steve, give the effort his dad has. I don't know Steve well enough to comment.
Every company has their lemons, their issues, their problematic decisions. Sy will come through as have many before him.

voodoomedman
07-23-2004, 10:17 AM
Just bought an Ultra 24 Stealth. Did major research before buying our first boat. Ultra is first class. The quality is great, the power, the ride, the handling, plane time... Have had it out three times already and it kicks ass. All eyes are on me with my beautiful flamed gelcoat. About a month ago we went out in the morning and with 6 people (3 being big guys) two ice chest and all the gear and 80 gallons of gas I topped out at 68. I was gonna go 69 but figured I'd eat it. lol. Anyways the customer service would make me buy a crappy boat from them. John and Bob at the Norco dealership are top notch. John West the owner will take your call and make sure you are happy. He also is a great artist and will design your boat with you. Guy and Mike in Rigging manage your whole boat building process and bend over backwards to make you happy. When the time comes to buy another boat I'll be buying an Ultra.

Topock Junkie
07-23-2004, 10:32 AM
Come on! Commanders are the biggest piece of sh#t boat on the market. I owned two and they both sucked. I would rather own a sea doo boat.

bordsmnj
07-23-2004, 02:03 PM
Geeeez. that new hallett hasn't gone to your head has it? just kidding see yuh tonight:D what the hell did sea doo ever do to you? it's the drivers that piss me off!:yuk:

Bow Tie Omega
07-24-2004, 06:30 AM
DO NOT BUY FROM COMMANDER

riverrunner
07-24-2004, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Bow Tie Omega
With so many people saying this, why would anyone buy a Commander?
I'm in the market for a boat right now. I'll be doing something this winter for sure, I wouldn't even think of owning a Comander.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-29-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Topock Junkie
Come on! Commanders are the biggest piece of sh#t boat on the market. I owned two and they both sucked. I would rather own a sea doo boat.
:rolleyes: This guy has got to be kidding, if they were so bad why did he buy two :confused: I would put that 600hp over priced tug boat you have to shame :D LMAO I know you should sign up for DAM RUM II (see details on hot spots west) and lets see that tug boat run
Just my 2 cents LOLOLOLOLOLO

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-29-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Bow Tie Omega
:rolleyes: This from an omega driver with a Panther jet :rolleyes:

dicudmore
07-29-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by SHAKE-YO-AZZ
:rolleyes: This from an omega driver with a Panther jet :rolleyes:
ya can't please them all I guess :D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-30-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by dicudmore
ya can't please them all I guess :D
No you cant, I hear bad things about all boats companies but what the hell my boat runs good so I'm happy. If anyone wants a ride just wave me down. :D

Topock Junkie
07-30-2004, 04:07 PM
WOO! Hey Mel I thought we were all friends here... You better watch out or I'll steal your bottle of Jack... Oh my tug boat can hold it's own...

dicudmore
07-30-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by SHAKE-YO-AZZ
No you cant, I hear bad things about all boats companies but what the hell my boat runs good so I'm happy. If anyone wants a ride just wave me down. :D
I'll take a demo ride, and bring a beer :D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-30-2004, 05:06 PM
WOO! Hey Mel I thought we were all friends here... You better watch out or I'll steal your bottle of Jack... Oh my tug boat can hold it's own...
You know I had to get you attention LOLOLOLOLOL Jack now you are talking:D Are you going to make it to the DAM RUN, I', thursty :D Just dont leave me to far back :eek:

Kilrtoy
07-30-2004, 05:09 PM
Since we will be in Laughlin and gambling is legal
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-30-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by dicudmore
I'll take a demo ride, and bring a beer :D
You got it :cool:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-30-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Sine we will be in Laughlin and gambling is legal
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
;) :eek:

Purple23xs
08-02-2004, 02:23 PM
Ultra and John West should be the choice. I recently purchased a 24 Stealth and traded in my 23 XS. The 23 and the 24 are both good quality boats and Ultra provides good and honest service, before and after purchase.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
08-02-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Purple23xs
Ultra and John West should be the choice. I recently purchased a 24 Stealth and traded in my 23 XS. The 23 and the 24 are both good quality boats and Ultra provides good and honest service, before and after purchase.
:yuk: