PDA

View Full Version : Bratton Just Named All The Cops

Kilrtoy
06-24-2004, 09:09 PM
What the hell,
These guys did their job, now they are hung out like pieces of shit.
NO WONDER WHEN YOU CALL THE COPS THEY DON'T WANT TO COME AND HELP.
THIS IS A BIG PILE OF BULLSHIT:mad:

Dr. Eagle
06-24-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
What the hell,
Did he give addresses and phone numbers too?:rolleyes:

Jrocket
Havent been keeping up on this.What happend?

PlyaPlya22
What the hell,
Did you hear my name??

phebus
06-24-2004, 09:12 PM
Coward. He can't take the heat so he sells out. Come to their defense until it is PROVEN there was some wrong doing.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-24-2004, 09:15 PM
I didn't see this what happen.:confused: jrocket and I are in the dark.. please enlighten us.;)

Jrocket
06-24-2004, 09:20 PM
Might have to do with the car chase and beating the cops gave somebody awhile back.:confused:

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-24-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Jrocket
Might have to do with the car chase and beating the cops gave somebody awhile back.:confused:
think so.. I think everyone is mad at me so there not answering me right now.. oh well.;) :D but I think your right.

Kilrtoy
06-24-2004, 09:24 PM
beating the cops gave somebody
The cops did not beat anyone,
I just beat my dog, That was a beating,
It was a FELON in a STOLEN car that was RUNNING from the police ENDANGERING good citizens lives, who RESISTED ARREST .
The police had to use force to take this SHITBAG into custody,
Sorry Sir, Please give up we want to arrest you, I GUESS THAT DIDN'T WORK

wsuwrhr
06-24-2004, 09:26 PM
I heard on the radio two days ago that another video was taken of police officers beating a high speed chase victim.
I don't know who Bratton is though.
Brian

Jrocket
06-24-2004, 09:26 PM
Sorry I didnt word it to your fancy!

Jrocket
06-24-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by wsuwrhr
police officers beating a high speed chase victim.
Oh Christ,your in for it now.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-24-2004, 09:32 PM
if it's the same person.. wasn't it one cop that beat him with his flash light.?:confused: ;)

wsuwrhr
06-24-2004, 09:32 PM
It was a FELON in a STOLEN car that was RUNNING from the police ENDANGERING good citizens lives, who RESISTED ARREST .
I agree with you completely. As long as they didn't beat the guy when he was prone, or otherwise subdued.
Stop when you are pulled over. If you give chase, be prepared to pay for it.
Its that simple.
Peoples lives are at risk, tensions are high when someone runs. What would happen if the lowlife crashed into another car and hurt someone under pursuit? Should the cops just let someone go if they don't pull over?
What are you supposed to do? Many questions to ponder.
Brian

Kilrtoy
06-24-2004, 09:52 PM
Should the cops just let someone go if they don't pull over?
No that will only increase crime , due to the fact shitbags, will learn VERY QUICKLY the police will let them get away.
HANG THESE SHITBAGS ON CITY HALL STEPS AND THE MESSAGE WILL GET OUT

MagicMtnDan
06-24-2004, 10:08 PM
These spineless politicians are gonna ruin this country forever.
They don't back up the police at all. This county has the fewest cops per capita in the entire country. And the politicians don't support them instead they hang them out to dry.
Next time someone needs help maybe they should call the mutha effen politicos instead of the police.
The politicians aren't helping anyone by grandstanding in front of the cameras (they're all jockeying for position trying to be the one with the biggest open yapper blathering on and on about the police and how brutal they are). They're playing to their constituents so they can continue to get re-elected and continue to be paid to usher this county, state and country down the toilet. The gang vioence is so bad here in LA County with so many people (mostly gang members) getting shot and these politicians don't do jack about it! They're too busy bichin about the war in Iraq or some other nonsense that they can't control. Do something productive for your constituents! Save them from gang violence you a-holes!
Make sure you vote in every election and make sure you vote out the incumbent liberal democrats. They're killing this country!

Kilrtoy
06-24-2004, 10:22 PM
Los Angeles: Yesterday, June 23, 2004, at 5:17 a.m., Officers Michael O’Connor and John Hatfield on patrol in a marked black and white unit observed a white, Toyota Camry run a stop sign at Figueroa and Laconia. The officers followed the car and ran a computer check on the license plate. They followed the car onto the Northbound 110 freeway. The license plate came back to a stolen car. When they activated their lights and siren, the driver refused to stop and increased speed. At the 110 Freeway and Rosecrans the officers initiated a pursuit, calling for a back-up unit, a supervisor and LAPD helicopter or, "Air-Ship". For approximately twenty-eight minutes, the driver of the stolen car attempted to evade the officers.
In accordance with the revised LAPD pursuit policy, the "Air-Ship" assumed control of the ground units and coordinated the pursuit. At times the driver, later identified as Stanley Miller, of the stolen car, exited the freeway and continued through the streets. At times he reached high speeds made reckless turns. Because of the early morning hour, traffic was relatively light and the pursuit was allowed to continue under the direction of the "Air-Ship". Adjoining agencies such as the Gardena Police Department and the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Office were notified of the pursuit.
At approximately 5:50 a.m., Miller reached a dead end street in the city of Compton and ran along a fence line behind a row of houses. The officers chased him. Officer Watson reached him first and confronted him at gunpoint. As he attempted to take him into custody, he was joined by Officer Hale who assisted in trying to handcuff Mr. Miller. Officer John Hatfield, who had been in the unit that began the pursuit was the third officer to arrive. A few moments later they were joined by five additional officers. The event was observed by the LAPD Air-Ship and broadcast live by two television news helicopters that had followed the pursuit.
As a result of the force used by officers at the scene a Use of Force investigation was initiated in accordance with LAPD policy and the consent decree. Within a short time, the investigation was taken over by the Professional Standards Bureau/ Internal Affairs Group which is now conducting separate administrative and criminal investigations.
Immediately questions arose about the force used in the arrest of the suspect, particularly the use of a flashlight by one officer. We are conducting this investigation in cooperation with the Office of the Inspector General, the LA County District Attorney and the LA County Sheriff as well as the FBI.-
This news release was prepared by Media Relations Sections, at 213-485-3586.
For Release 4:45 pm PDT
June 24, 2004
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vdrivenman
06-25-2004, 03:23 AM
anyone who runs desrves to be TUNEDUP. taking a 3000lb. object at high speeds thru city streets & down the freeway is no different than pointing a gun & firing at someone. getting hit or struck by either usually has the same results(death or serious injury)!
they run and then stop and throw up their hands and holler Kings X. yeah they get a BIG X across the forehead.
big question is whats the race of the officers and the race of the offender ??????????????????
city hall & police management will sell you down the river to satify the minority. hope they have a good union with good attorneys and use them before giving any statements.

Misogynist
06-25-2004, 03:35 AM
Car chase?... In Los Angeles?... you don't say...... hmmmm.... that happens everyday.... :p

BarryMac
06-25-2004, 06:08 AM
Our f-ing politicians should try and be a Cop for a day or two, see how much crap our Police Officers are really putting up with, then try and contain yourself when something like this happens.
There should be a new law that our f-ed in the head politicians could put in place, "No NEWS Choppers are allowed to follow any High Speed chases". The News and our governments will screw us faster than Osama bin Forgotten... sorry went off on a tagent and it's just my .02...
gjb:mad:

Kachina26
06-25-2004, 06:40 AM
For those who missed the video, click HERE (http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/news/video/062304_CaughtOnTape.html) Right click on the video once it gets going and click on full screen. They play it several times so watch the whole deal. If your old man was gonna give you 1 swat with the belt and you ran away and then gave up, do you think you still just got your 1 swat? Ok so the cops aren't supposed to hand out the punishment, I can understand what they must be feeling.

Kachina26
06-25-2004, 07:02 AM
I was far from a good kid when I was a teen. If there was trouble to be found, I was in it. In my several dealings with the Man, on the wrong side, I was always treated well. But, I did what I was told and used words like "sir" without contempt. I'm not saying that BS don't happen, but most of it is brought on by the one gettin thumped on.

BadassBry
06-25-2004, 07:19 AM
Never hear anything about the Sheriffs...cause we take care of business...Yea baby...Lucky for us, the news helicopters cant fly into our area due to the flight restrictions at LAX.... :)

coolchange
06-25-2004, 07:28 AM
Did ya see the fork in that guys butt? His life is over. All because he got pissed at some low life scum. The thing that gets me is if that were my white ass takin the smackdown, no one would be on the news "reaching out to community leaders".:mad:

v-drive
06-25-2004, 07:42 AM
Now that's the truth about this whole thing. if that guy had been white nobody would have said a thing. Oops, is that being predjudice?......v-drive

Dave C
06-25-2004, 07:47 AM
They never ask if they deserved a smack. Yes sometimes people deserve a good smack if they act like a jackass.
What if the cops sustain an injury from some jackass who resists arrest while being taken into custody. Think of all the injuries to the cops and innocent bystanders that could occur from a car/foot chase.
Thats not fair for the police and the public. I believe they should be allowed to use necessary force.
besides a few small lumps from a night stick or flashlight ain't gonna hurt anyone. at least not permanently.;)

LOWRIVER2
06-25-2004, 08:04 AM
It's not over and it's gonna get worse.
Since I worked Southeast and know the guys, I'm not gonna post anything at this point. I"m sure a lot of people were wondering when I'd chime in. Times have changed, that's an understatement. I started my career the 92' riots. It's been an uphill battle ever since in this department as no brass ever covers the grunts' asses when the spoplight gets put on the line guys.
I will say this,
In the last 8 months, Southeast officers have been shot at over 15 times, three officers have been hit. It's arguably the most dangerous division in LA, let alone So. Cal. Lennox, Century, 77th, Southwest and Newton are all very active divisions right now. Southeast also houses four of the most violent housing projects in the city: Nickerson Gardens, Imperial Courts, Jordan Downs and Avalon Gardens.
The chips are gonna fall however the winds of politics and reelection hopes blow. One thing for sure, they're not thugs, they're damn good cops who patrol where many others, including other cops, would piss their pants at the thought of what they go up against, night, after night, after night.
Nuff Said,
Gary

Mike67rs
06-25-2004, 08:06 AM
Try not to jump to conclusions too soon. The video looks bad, but there may be reasonable explanations for what happened. The only injuries reported to the arrestee were minor abrasions to the face. If the officer was smacking him in the head with a flashlight, his injuries would have been more severe. From what I saw in the video there was no kick to the face as reported...the officer was attempting to control his right arm. The flashlight blows may have been done to try to gain compliance and control of his hidden left arm. It looked like the blows were striking him in the back and shoulder. The video looks bad, but none of us were on the ground at the time of the incident. There will be no cover up and the investigation will reveal the truth. There are way too many watchdogs in LA.

v-drive
06-25-2004, 08:38 AM
It does look like he was hitting him on the back and when you blow up the video you can tell that he wasn't using his full force.
If he had been hit in the head does the community believe this man could have stood upright as he was at the end of the video?.....v-drive

Kachina26
06-25-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Mike67rs
From what I saw in the video there was no kick to the face as reported... Watch the video again, I think the kick was actually a glancing blow to the back of his head, but it was definately there. Maybe the Rams could pick this guys up as a place kicker 'cause that's what he looked like:D Here's the video for ya Click HERE (http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/news/video/062304_CaughtOnTape.html)

Mike67rs
06-25-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Kachina26
Watch the video again, I think the kick was actually a glancing blow to the back of his head, but it was definately there. Maybe the Rams could pick this guys up as a place kicker 'cause that's what he looked like:D Here's the video for ya Click HERE (http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/news/video/062304_CaughtOnTape.html)
You may be right. The next time we see him, he will be in a wheel chair next to his attorney and his momma.

v-drive
06-25-2004, 09:03 AM
You may be right. The next time we see him, he will be in a wheel chair next to his attorney and his momma.
Now that's funny. Sad but funny.......v-drive

Ducatista
06-25-2004, 09:32 AM
Looked like Mr. Flashlight was just envoking the "runners penalty". I have no problem with that. Hell, I thought Rodney King deserved a woopin' too! Unfortunately it will probably cost a good cop his job....but I hope not.:(

Ducatista
06-25-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by LOWRIVER2
It's not over and it's gonna get worse.
In the last 8 months, Southeast officers have been shot at over 15 times, three officers have been hit. It's arguably the most dangerous division in LA, let alone So. Cal. Lennox, Century, 77th, Southwest and Newton are all very active divisions right now. Southeast also houses four of the most violent housing projects in the city: Nickerson Gardens, Imperial Courts, Jordan Downs and Avalon Gardens.
The chips are gonna fall however the winds of politics and reelection hopes blow. One thing for sure, they're not thugs, they're damn good cops who patrol where many others, including other cops, would piss their pants at the thought of what they go up against, night, after night, after night.
Nuff Said,
Gary
Bratton did a live cell phone interview this morning with KFI and said basically the same thing.

UtlGoa
06-25-2004, 10:30 AM
Both the Chief and the Mayor are friggen idiots. Both should have told the media "NO COMMENT" until the investigation is over. Now their going to make an example of the officers involved. Law enforcement has changed so much in the last ten years. I'm glad I got hurt at work and retired out.

wsuwrhr
06-25-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
I was far from a good kid when I was a teen. If there was trouble to be found, I was in it. In my several dealings with the Man, on the wrong side, I was always treated well. But, I did what I was told and used words like "sir" without contempt. I'm not saying that BS don't happen, but most of it is brought on by the one gettin thumped on.
If your old man was gonna give you 1 swat with the belt and you ran away and then gave up, do you think you still just got your 1 swat? Ok so the cops aren't supposed to hand out the punishment, I can understand what they must be feeling.
Kachina I agree completely.
Brian

Her454
06-25-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by wsuwrhr
Peoples lives are at risk, tensions are high when someone runs. What would happen if the lowlife crashed into another car and hurt someone under pursuit? Should the cops just let someone go if they don't pull over?
What are you supposed to do? Many questions to ponder.
Brian
My cousin was killed in a high speed chase in SO Cal. Was sitting at a light and was hit by a guy running from the cops, he never had a chance. :(

wsuwrhr
06-25-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Her454
My cousin was killed in a high speed chase in SO Cal. Was sitting at a light and was hit by a guy running from the cops, he never had a chance. :(
I am terribly sorry.
My deepest condlences to you and your family. Stories like that make me sad.
That is what I am talking about, you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.
Brian

Flyinbowtie
06-25-2004, 07:22 PM
I feel sad for the entire community of Law Enforcement Professionals in Southern California who are, once again, going to pay the frieght for video tape shot and edited by people who are in the business of selling air time.
If what happened ultimately is that a cop went to far, then God help him, because nobody else with any authority will. They will let him swing in the wind.
We, as a profession, are learning, however slowly, that the media is not in the business of reporting the news, they are in the business of making the news.
It is easy for politicans and other self appointed experts to critique the actions of police officers from the safety of their office and editing room. While those of us in this business knew what we were getting into, we used to think that management was behind us. Now, we know they are behind us, becasue we can feel them skewering us.
I for one appreciate the support of those of you here who have
voiced it. Thanks, voice your opinons down there, the local cops need to hear your words of support.
It is common knowledge in the profession that qualified candidates who meet the standards for the entry level police officer position are becoming tougher and tougher to find. They no longer seek the work, because of the less than spectacular pay, and the grief involved in the job.
The average in California, last I checked, was 100 applicants for one successful candidate. We get alot of people looking for work, but not the ones that dream of a career in the field.
A couple other averages.
PERS, the retirement system for most cops in this state, calculates that most peace officers who service retire at the end of 25-30 years of service will live an average of less than 4 years after retiring.
The average law enforcement officer in this state who is married will be divorced in less than 5 years.
Over 45% of peace officers retire early due to a service related disability.
Heart disease, High Blood Pressure, Ulcers, Chronic low back problems, hearing loss are all considered service related illnessess, unless otherwise proven.
I'm not making excuses for anybody, but I think it helps to undserstand what a lifetime in the law enforcement profession can do to a human being.
By the way, I grew up in North Long Beach/Compton, and saw the business end of a LBPD .38 more than once. I even had the honor of getting choked out by a LBPD cop in 77.
And I had it coming.
Just my .02 worth.

IN2-IN2MX
06-25-2004, 07:56 PM
Just my opinion but I agree completely. This was not exactly a model citizen. He did wrong...so should the police roll out the red carpet and give him reassuring kisses as they all skip away to the patrol car? Come on now! It just doesn't work that way. The police didn't pick this guy out of a church function. He friggen stole a car and tried to run. What an idiot!
And why the f*** are TV cameras allowed to follow pursuits? I used to want to be a journalist so I understand the need to get the best story first and to sensationalize a little thing into bulls*** but televising high speed chases every other night makes for killing brain cells! Let the cops do their job. How would you like it if someone was videotaping your ass during your most stressful work moments (which, with a few exceptions, couldn't begin to compare to what a police officer probably feels when they're chasing someone)? :rolleyes:

slink
06-25-2004, 08:10 PM
Wow, the support on this board is overwhelming. Glad to know there are still some people out there that have a sense of reality. Bow tie, you hit the nail on the head w/ your threat, dont forget we get the pleasure of working X-mas, kids and wifes B-days and oh ya, work all night long in the pouring rain while our wife and kids sleep alone :( , but hey, I'm a grown boy and knew what I signed up for. Its funny, I had the pleasure of wearing the badge pre-Rodney when word on the street (from the gangsters) was "If ya Run from the man you get whats comin", post- Rodney is "Hey lets run from the cops and we might get PAID"...........It's just amazing we can even recruit anyone these days.........Oh well, only 13yrs more to go to retirement and 17 till I meet my maker.....better go buy a new boat :)

Debbolas
06-25-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by IN2-IN2MX
Let the cops do their job. How would you like it if someone was videotaping your ass during your most stressful work moments (which, with a few exceptions, couldn't begin to compare to what a police officer probably feels when they're chasing someone)? :rolleyes:
This is an excellent point....How would you feel if there were TV cameras there to film your most stressfully point in your day, or if you lost your temper?
If you don't want to get beat by the police don't run. It's that simple. Don't run! (well don't break laws so they chase you, but like THAT is going to happen)
My cousin is a police officer in Illinois, and I can not wait untill he retires, I worry about him ALL the time......

Dr. Eagle
06-25-2004, 08:16 PM
Bratton is an Effing Sellout...
I am verrrrry disappointed in him...:mad:

Scream
06-25-2004, 08:27 PM
Don't forget about the preacher of the church he never goes to sayin what an upstanding pillar of the community he is...
Too bad there cant be an ordinance prohibiting the news crews from following these events. The more they broadcast these persuits, the more that seem to happen.

Dr. Eagle
06-25-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Scream
Too bad there cant be an ordinance prohibiting the news crews from following these events. The more they broadcast these persuits, the more that seem to happen.
THey need to make sure that the first on scene restrain themselves until one can get there with an easy up. Erect the easy up and wail on the dude in the privacy of thier own tent...

WetWillie
06-25-2004, 09:06 PM
How come its ok for a criminal to use the excuse "I was scared so I ran" But it is totally unacceptable for the cops to have any type of negative reaction to there pressures?? Get into a high speed pursuit with a person that is fleeing for what ever reason and see how you react when the adrenalin is pumping. I think they should void all there rights if they run from the cops period!!!!!
WW
:mad: :mad:

Debbolas
06-25-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
THey need to make sure that the first on scene restrain themselves until one can get there with an easy up. Erect the easy up and wail on the dude in the privacy of thier own tent...
Maybe they could carry umbrellas? Really big golf umbrellas!;)

Kilrtoy
06-25-2004, 10:41 PM
you're really not used to being beat down by the police for no good reason.
You are joking right.
In my 35 years of living, I have never been beaten by the cops, I have been stopped plenty of times and never got my ass kicked.
maybe cuz I didnt run, maybe cuz I didnt point a gun at them , maybe cuz IM NOT A SHITBAG ENDANGERING INNOCENT PEOPLES LIVES.
Drop the race slanted view of the RAZA and come to terms with the rest of the civilized world.

LASERRAY
06-25-2004, 10:45 PM
you're really not used to being beat down by the police for no good reason.
You are joking right.
In my 35 years of living, I have never been beaten by the cops, I have been stopped plenty of times and never got my ass kicked.
maybe cuz I didnt run, maybe cuz I didnt point a gun at them , maybe cuz IM NOT A SHITBAG ENDANGERING INNOCENT PEOPLES LIVES.
Drop the race slanted view of the RAZA and come to terms with the rest of the civilized world. here here.;)

welk2party
06-26-2004, 10:51 AM
I feel for the police in these situations. AS much as I gripe about cops, I definately am on their side in these instances. The guy had it coming.

UtlGoa
06-26-2004, 05:08 PM
Just another piece of shit naga that got his ass beat. Saw on the news the officer's thought he had a gun.

HighRoller
06-27-2004, 02:23 AM
The cops ought to just pull over and put their feet on the dash when one of these dirtbags runs from them. No use endangering your career to protect the public from criminals! And pass out flyers telling the public to call the ACLU when their house is being robbed, because the ACLU obviously knows the best way to handle criminal activities! **** these gutless politicians...I bet if these people had run Bratton's wife off the road and killed her he'd feel different.

Dan Lorenze
06-27-2004, 06:01 AM
The cop with the flashlight seems to have lost his composure. There seems to be a dogpile on the scumbag as he lays flat on his stomach so it looks to me like the flashlight beating is a bit much because the guy's not getting away or fighting.. Does the scumbag deserve it? Absolutly!!!! But it's not up to law enforcement to dish out the punishment for scumbags, that's what court is all about... Do the courts work for the honest,hard working man? Not really... It's a bad situation because most cops I know are great people that can handle the stress their under, it's too bad too because things like this just get people to dislike cops even more than they already do.. The last time I checked Law enforcement is for enforcing the law.. Get the scumbag off the street and bring him in.. Let the system deal with him..

Wicky
06-27-2004, 06:38 AM
I wouldn't want to be a cop. If you are a cop and are griping I recommend quiting. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they Roddney'd his ass, but, you made your carreer choice.
Homeboy deserved what was coming. That is reality. Unfortunately, the lawyers have a job to do as well. They look at this and see cha-chang just as the news media.
As tax payers, in that county you will all lose. It's all about the money. Thug steals car and sells the parts he makes money if he's not caught. Cop catches thief and does his job he might get a promotion someday. Asst. DA wins case against thief he might get elected to DA.
Unfortunately, all too many times, innocent bystanders get hurt during these chases. We had a chase here a couple of years ago.
Idaho cops don't **** around. A lot of cops up here are originally from LA from what I understand. The guy driving the truck was reported to have a gun and that was all that was needed to use deadly force. The perp was chased through a couple of counties but, during that chase there were several cars hit and drivers injured. Not good. They shot over 70 rounds into the truck and killed him - he deserved it. But 70 rounds in the busiest section of Boise? A little bit of overkill in my opinion but, I could be wrong.
I'm just glad the mofo didn't get a chance to sue the counties/cops. Then I would have to pay one way or another.
What I have seen in my 36 years is that policing has become more of a revenue generator than anything else namely protecting and serving.
If this isn't true, why are there no speed traps in the bad parts of town? Why did the BAC levels get lowered to .08? Billions of dollars have been generated this way and it all boils down to the lawyers who are the ultimate winners. If states didn't go to .08 BAC, federal freeway funding wouldn't be awarded to a state out of compliance. Damn, I should have gone to law school so that I could do some legal extortion.
Tough job being a cop no doubt. I know they didn't tell ya it would be easy in the academy though.
I just wish the lawmakers would legalize the herb to generate some tax revenue. Anyone agree? Disagree?
Mow,
Wicky

Wicky
06-27-2004, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by ShockwaveBob
Just for emphasis, I was a United States Marine for 9 years, I know a hell of a lot more about "protecting and serving" than most people.
DAmn straight!! Thank you SWB for your services.
Better give thanks to the good cops too. No donuts for the bad cops! You know who you are. Respect goes both directions.
Mow,
Wicky

Wicky
06-27-2004, 06:58 AM
I was in St. Anthony ID last weekend. Freemont patrol car read "We'll kick your ass and take your donuts too." Gotta love a small town.

Dr. Eagle
06-27-2004, 07:38 AM
Unfortunately all most people seem to be focusing on is the 30 seconds after the chase ended. There was about 20+ minutes before the chase ended. This guy put countless lives in danger during this chase. What a true total dirtbag.
It looked like a run of the mill arrest until the tall cop decided to kick the guys head and hit him with a flashlight.
While I think the guy probably deserved every bit of what he got, it was obviously emotions running away at that moment that caught up with the officer involved. In other words, he could have been a little more subtle if he wanted to kick the crap out of this guy.
Does that warrant all of the hype it's getting, no. Is all the press going to change anything, probably not. Unforutnately it is more fodder for the NAACP and others, and we are going to have to hear about how this nice inidvidual accidentally borrowed a friends car and got into all this mess, and the mean cops chased and kicked the crap out of him because he is black. The spinning of the yarn has already begun.