PDA

View Full Version : Cell Service in Meadview, AZ

harleypauls
06-25-2004, 11:29 AM
Does anyone know if nextell phones work in Meadview AZ. I want to "skip" out a couple days, but I still have to be able to contact. Paul

Dr. Eagle
06-25-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by harleypauls
Does anyone know if nextell phones work in Meadview AZ. I want to "skip" out a couple days, but I still have to be able to contact. Paul
Where's Meadview?

harleypauls
06-25-2004, 12:12 PM
It's at the south west rim of the Grand Canyon. It has it's own launch to Lake Mead. Near Pierce Ferry, Dolan Springs, about 1 Hour from Kingman. Great little area. Kind of like Havasu used to be 25 years ago before everyone and their brother found out about it. One general store. One gas station. My bathroom at my house is bigger than the post office. You get the idea. Great place to get away from the hustle and bustle. Paul

Dr. Eagle
06-25-2004, 01:16 PM
A guess would be no... sounds pretty remote for Nextel...
Nextel Coverage (http://www.nextel.com/cgi-bin/localMarketMap.cgi?market=mkt04)

twistedpair
06-25-2004, 04:04 PM
I would really doubt it. You can get reception in the Boulder Basin, but once you get past the narrows, you're pretty remote.

Dusty Times
06-27-2004, 08:17 PM
No.
Nextel does not work in Meadview or on that end of Lake Mead. It does work in Kingman but you will lose service after you go through Dolan Springs.

Dr. Eagle
06-27-2004, 08:25 PM
Kind of what I figured. I worked for Cellular One... now AT&T wireless when the vegas/kingman sites were built a million years ago. There are no developed sites out anywhere near there, and if there were there is no traffic to justify a cell. That's why I figured there would not be any coverage that far up.

Dusty Times
06-27-2004, 08:36 PM
Living in this area I've gotta have two cell phones. I can't beat Nextels rates but I am forced to us our local provider Mohave Cellular. There rates are horrible but nothing works better in Mohave County (works in Meadview and on the lake). I believe that some companies can roam on their network. But Nextel does not roam.

Outnumbered
06-27-2004, 10:50 PM
My ATT cell works at Sand Point/South Cove on the water. Never tried it in MV.
OL

Dusty Times
06-28-2004, 05:02 AM
The only tower is in Meadview so if it works on Sandy Point it will work in Meadview.