PDA

View Full Version : Crash at sandbar today, just heard

J540
06-25-2004, 02:23 PM
anybody heard anything about it????:( supposedly one boat on fire, 1/? person air lifted out.??

Mrs. Bordsmnj
06-25-2004, 02:44 PM
Uh-Oh, I don't like to read threads like this, especially when some of my friends are probably at the sandbar right now.
Details PLEASE!!!! What kind of boats?????
:(

Debbolas
06-25-2004, 02:45 PM
Isn't Mandy out there now?!
Hope they are ok......:(

Cheap Thrills
06-25-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
SHOOSH U .
C.T. :wink:

J540
06-25-2004, 02:52 PM
dont know some one just called me they thought i was out there already but iam just getting ready, have to go to vegas first then havasu, thought you guys might have some info. i will try to call greg ACCEPTANCE to see if he knows anything.

Phat Matt
06-25-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
I'm sure he's fine. I'll see him in the morning. We are going to leave in about an hour or so.

Debbolas
06-25-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Phat Matt
I'm sure he's fine. I'll see him in the morning. We are going to leave in about an hour or so.
LUCKY!!!
I have to wait until Sunday Morning:rolleyes:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
06-25-2004, 02:58 PM
I am calling Mandelone's cel phone right now! Got his voice mail. Dang.
We are heading out in a few hours.

Beautiful Noise
06-25-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Bordsmnj
I am calling Mandelone's cell phone right now!
Dang,I never get calls,Are they obscene??:D :D

Phat Matt
06-25-2004, 03:01 PM
I am calling Mandelone's cel phone right now! Got his voice mail. Dang.
We are heading out in a few hours.
I talked to him this morning. I asked him if he was drinking any beers yet and he said no, but he had a Mike's hard lemonade for breakfast. :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
06-25-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Beautiful Noise
Dang,I never get calls,Are they obscene??:D :D
I don't have your #, Steve! :D

Beautiful Noise
06-25-2004, 03:07 PM
I don't have your #, Steve! :D
Hmmmmmmmm Good point Maybe I should ask my wife what my # is I don't think she'll mine.................................much:D :D

PlyaPlya22
06-25-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Phat Matt
I agree. Have fun!

J540
06-25-2004, 03:18 PM
Just talk to kelly he just pulled away from sandbar he said there is something going just up river from sandbar sea tow and P.D boat were there, he saw helicopter a little while ago. thats all i know.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
06-25-2004, 03:49 PM
Ok, Mandelone just called me back. He and everyone are ok but they are in the channel and know nothing of any accident at the sandbar.
:)

Beautiful Noise
06-25-2004, 03:51 PM
Good news, I hope that who ever was involved in what ever happen are OK:) :)

Debbolas
06-25-2004, 03:52 PM
Ok, Mandelone just called me back. He and everyone are ok but they are in the channel and know nothing of any accident at the sandbar.
:)
Good, glad they all are ok. ;)
I hope that who ever was involved in what ever happen are OK
Me too....

Danhercules
06-25-2004, 04:31 PM
Wife called me, her boss called her from the sandbar, two boats colided, and air vac, dont know howmany. So I was told. I will interigate my wife when she gets home.

AZKC
06-25-2004, 04:40 PM
Man people better start chillin down and relaxing a bit or the MAN is going to start coming down hard on everybody.
2 collisions in a week is going to draw some attention
:frown:

Ziggy
06-25-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by AZKC
Man people better start chillin down and relaxing a bit or the MAN is going to start coming down hard on everybody.
2 collisions in a week is going to draw some attention
:frown: Thats what I was thinking.....:( :( It only takes a few bad things to ruin all the good things.:p

LASERRAY
06-25-2004, 05:07 PM
This is terrible!:( I hope everyone is ok.

RiverToysJas
06-25-2004, 08:17 PM
Any new news..... :confused:

LASERRAY
06-25-2004, 10:29 PM
bump

JetBoatRich
06-25-2004, 10:30 PM
always sad news, sounds pretty serious:(

missboatnam1
06-25-2004, 10:38 PM
:( :confused: :( :( :(

Kilrtoy
06-25-2004, 10:43 PM
Air rescue , is NOT A GOOD SIGN

RiverDave
06-26-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
Any new news..... :confused:
Alcohol may have been a factor.
RD http://www.riverratlife.com/forums/board/ubb/graemlins/tosser.gif

1stepcloser
06-26-2004, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Alcohol may have been a factor.
RD http://www.riverratlife.com/forums/board/ubb/graemlins/tosser.gif
Drinking and Driving......Part 5. The 2004 edition.;)

sandblasted
06-26-2004, 06:30 AM
Not sure about alcohol in this case but according to the news it was a factor in the incident last week where the dad and his 10 year old son were killed...
There have been dozens of threads in here about how much people drink and drive their boat....bottom line for me is that when I have my boat on the water I am 100% responsible for how it is operated...I do not abstain from drinking beer but I make darn sure I am not impaired...I'll have a couple beers during the day but generally drink more soda, juice and water than I do beer.
Simply put, I do not want to be responsible for causing any accident that would harm my family, friends or other people...

LASERRAY
06-26-2004, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by sandblasted
Not sure about alcohol in this case but according to the news it was a factor in the incident last week where the dad and his 10 year old son were killed...
There have been dozens of threads in here about how much people drink and drive their boat....bottom line for me is that when I have my boat on the water I am 100% responsible for how it is operated...I do not abstain from drinking beer but I make darn sure I am not impaired...I'll have a couple beers during the day but generally drink more soda, juice and water than I do beer.
Simply put, I do not want to be responsible for causing any accident that would harm my family, friends or other people... The Funeral for Tyler Patchett ( the 10 year old ) is next Saturday in Simi Valley. Very Sad.:(

Beautiful Noise
06-26-2004, 08:02 AM
:frown: :frown: :frown: :(

Hallett
06-26-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by sandblasted
Simply put, I do not want to be responsible for causing any accident that would harm my family, friends or other people... very well said sandblasted i think people should
start thinking about what they are doing out there,
there is moor boats and moor drinking then i have
ever seen.

79 HUSTLER
06-28-2004, 07:19 AM
Any updated info from anybody?????

SILVERWING
06-28-2004, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by J540
anybody heard anything about it????:( supposedly one boat on fire, 1/? person air lifted out.??
WILL THEY BE CLOSING DOWN THE SANDBAR ON THE 4TH

Mandelon
06-28-2004, 07:36 AM
The news I heard said there was a pontoon boat and PWC's involved. One craft caught fire.......
Just secondhand info though, don't blame me if its wrong.....

Bre
06-28-2004, 07:42 AM
Andys parents went by it after it happen. It was 2 boats and a PWC...from what I remember them telling me. His mom said it was in front of speed ally...but I'm not sure if she knows exactly where that is:confused: She said all the boats/PWCs involved were pretty banged up and there were a few police boats around. So that's all I know. I hope everyone that were involved are ok.

Dr. Eagle
06-28-2004, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by SILVERWING
WILL THEY BE CLOSING DOWN THE SANDBAR ON THE 4TH
I think that is SOP these days. Big holiday weekends the Sandbar and Copper Canyon are verboten....