PDA

View Full Version : Don Pedro or Melones...

Ntwotrance
06-26-2004, 09:41 AM
might be heading up there for the 4th weekend to see the folks, anyone planning on going to either?

dmontzsta
06-26-2004, 09:59 AM
where is that?

Ntwotrance
06-26-2004, 10:02 AM
outside of modesto

dmontzsta
06-26-2004, 10:31 AM
ahhh, NorCal?

Ntwotrance
06-26-2004, 11:07 AM
yeah, the folks asked us to come up...still debating going up there....boats still not finished, so that may be an excuse to not go....

1Bahnerjet
06-26-2004, 11:13 AM
its Mullet Mountain Country...
Page the Mullets...

dmontzsta
06-26-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Ntwotrance
yeah, the folks asked us to come up...still debating going up there....boats still not finished, so that may be an excuse to not go....
We are trying to plan one more trip out before CBBB. Just dont know where or when, I have off Monday the 5th and my mom and dad work just tonight and tommorrow night and then have off until July 14th. :eek:

Cas
06-26-2004, 07:56 PM
come on the 11th, we've got a bunch of boats going to Don Pedro.

Ntwotrance
06-26-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Cas
come on the 11th, we've got a bunch of boats going to Don Pedro.
I'll hit my parents up tomorrow Cas, it would be a better time for me to go (the boat would be done by then, and the kids love going up there only if we bring the boat...the 4th, the boat wouldn't be done...). I'll let you know how it pans out.

dmontzsta
06-26-2004, 08:21 PM
What is the status on the boat now?
Did Wilkes ever get ahold of you?
I think Monday July 5th at Elsinore might be a good day. High speed zone on the weekdays, and most people will be at work. :)

Ntwotrance
06-26-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by dmontzsta
What is the status on the boat now?
Did Wilkes ever get ahold of you?
I think Monday July 5th at Elsinore might be a good day. High speed zone on the weekdays, and most people will be at work. :)
still only running on the one tank..never heard from Wilkes, so going to hook up the meters to the system and try to locate the problem, hopefully have it all back together that weekend

dmontzsta
06-26-2004, 10:05 PM
still only running on the one tank..never heard from Wilkes, so going to hook up the meters to the system and try to locate the problem, hopefully have it all back together that weekend
That sucks, seems Wilkes doesnt want the business, they cant be that busy and even if they were, can atleast tell you. It is weird how you have a switch for tanks, I dont know how ours is, but it draws from both automatically with no switching over. :confused:

Cas
06-27-2004, 08:42 AM
On my 21' Tahiti, I tried removing the manual switch to have it draw off both tanks, wouldn't do it. I replaced the switch and it ran fine so long as I had it on one tank or the other.....not both.
What's the problem?
btw, our Don Pedro trip might be pushed back to the 17-18 due to a conflict. Better yet, gives you more time :)
I'll let you know.

Ntwotrance
06-27-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Cas
On my 21' Tahiti, I tried removing the manual switch to have it draw off both tanks, wouldn't do it. I replaced the switch and it ran fine so long as I had it on one tank or the other.....not both.
What's the problem?
btw, our Don Pedro trip might be pushed back to the 17-18 due to a conflict. Better yet, gives you more time :)
I'll let you know.
glad I read this before I called the folks...I'll give it a few more days before I tell them when we'll be there. the problem right now is as of the last trip, I can only draw on the left tank. I tried to draw off the right, and nothing. so, i've either got a faulty switch, bad pump, or some serious blockage in the line....process of elmination today...

Dr. Eagle
06-27-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Cas
What's the problem?
I'll let you know.
When one tank is empty it will suck air. it will draw fuel via the path of least resistance so the tanks will not necessarily draw at the same time. Two tank setup won't work without a switch.
We had a similar situation with a cell site where I had the site running on generator. The propane guy explained the same situation exactly the same. He said multiple tanks, with gaseous or liquid fuel will need to be switched...

dmontzsta
06-27-2004, 09:33 AM
I really wonder how our dual tank set up works. I want to look in to it more now. I know one tank draws SLIGHTLY more fuel than the other, but no switch.
Doug: Look at it this way, you still have a full right tank of gas. :)

Ntwotrance
06-27-2004, 09:49 AM
I really wonder how our dual tank set up works. I want to look in to it more now. I know one tank draws SLIGHTLY more fuel than the other, but no switch.
just bring a siphon hose...:yuk: I should be able to tear into it. i thought I'd get to it today, but my daughters b/f showed up, and being the concerned parent I am, I'm not giving them a second alone...Clinton is in there bugging them now, then I'll take over for a few hours until they get tired of it...:D

dmontzsta
06-28-2004, 08:08 PM
just bring a siphon hose...:yuk: I should be able to tear into it. i thought I'd get to it today, but my daughters b/f showed up, and being the concerned parent I am, I'm not giving them a second alone...Clinton is in there bugging them now, then I'll take over for a few hours until they get tired of it...:D
haha, nice! good job... :cool:

Ntwotrance
06-28-2004, 08:11 PM
haha, nice! good job... :cool:
a dad has to do what a dad has to do...:D and it worked by the way...;)

sam pioske
06-28-2004, 08:14 PM
Guys make up your minds on Don Pedro so we can join you !!!

dmontzsta
06-28-2004, 08:25 PM
a dad has to do what a dad has to do...:D and it worked by the way...;)
Was it sneaky though? so they didnt notice?

Ntwotrance
06-28-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by sam pioske
Guys make up your minds on Don Pedro so we can join you !!!
I noticed they pushed it back, and i still haven't heard from my folks yet....i go up there a couple of times a year with the boat, and if i don't make it this go around, i'll definately give you a shout on the next outting.

Ntwotrance
06-28-2004, 08:46 PM
Was it sneaky though? so they didnt notice?
No, I made it obvious:wink:

dmontzsta
06-28-2004, 10:25 PM
what did she tell you about that after he left?

WUTWZAT
06-29-2004, 05:06 AM
Don, Doug,
Hey, whats up. Gotta make it quick. I have found that if you wanna get ahold of Wilkes you gotta stop by and see him or actually get him on the phone the moment you call. He has always helped me out and yes he does want the business. But everytime I have seen him he is so busy with others dropping off there boats or calling, but he has always made time for me.
He always comements on how bright my truck is, and how I can't miss that one from the water. Well gotta get to work, Doug if you need help I'll drop by. I will have the 38ft 5th wheel in front of my house this afternoon. Its gonna be crowded around here soon.
Jason

v-drive
06-29-2004, 05:54 AM
I never thought about this until now but obviously our boats are set up the same, meaning they're both old Laveys. When we cleaned the two tanks one cleaned really fast while the other took some doing and had an abundance of crud in the bottom.
Not only that but the suction tube was impacted with the same crud. The tanks both feed to a Tee so i'm guessing the one that empty's first is the cleanest. :D v-drive

v-drive
06-29-2004, 06:04 AM
That's the way ya do it. My daughter was in a bad relationship for a few years and I blame myself because I thought letting her do it her way was the right thing to do. Make that boy fear you! Hell, now I have to go to work and get ready to entertain investors probably until about midnight.
:cool: v-drive

dmontzsta
06-29-2004, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by v-drive
I never thought about this until now but obviously our boats are set up the same, meaning they're both old Laveys. When we cleaned the two tanks one cleaned really fast while the other took some doing and had an abundance of crud in the bottom.
Not only that but the suction tube was impacted with the same crud. The tanks both feed to a Tee so i'm guessing the one that empty's first is the cleanest. :D v-drive
yup! our boats are exactly the same. Ours was even metalflake blue before, until the owner than had it before us went solid white with the bow design that is now fading. :mad:

Ntwotrance
06-29-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by v-drive
That's the way ya do it. My daughter was in a bad relationship for a few years and I blame myself because I thought letting her do it her way was the right thing to do. Make that boy fear you! Hell, now I have to go to work and get ready to entertain investors probably until about midnight.
:cool: v-drive
This one seems ok, better then her first, but not turning my back on either of them for one second...;)

WUTWZAT
06-29-2004, 04:07 PM
Hey, I got a dual tank system and it is brand new and it draws from both tanks at the same time. Here is what I was told. The tank nearest the pump and with the least amount of hose will empty first. mine being a small block with the fuel pump on the right side my right tank drains first. When the right tank runs out of fuel, the left tank has approx, a quarter or less left. Two things you can do...... One stop and get gas before taking a chance on running out. Two carry a pair of vice grips and when you run out pinch the line to keep the air from making you run weird. I ran out of gas in one tank on Parker, first thought was, maybe I'm out of gas. It started and idled fine but when I got on it, it would rev up and surge down, and sputter and rev up and so on. I always carry a 2 gallon spare can. I added that and off to the fuel dock I went.
Got my brothers 5th wheel in front of my house all 36 or 38 feet of it. I think he is going to O'neil park for the week.
Jason

dmontzsta
06-29-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by WUTWZAT
Hey, I got a dual tank system and it is brand new and it draws from both tanks at the same time. Here is what I was told. The tank nearest the pump and with the least amount of hose will empty first. mine being a small block with the fuel pump on the right side my right tank drains first. When the right tank runs out of fuel, the left tank has approx, a quarter or less left. Two things you can do...... One stop and get gas before taking a chance on running out. Two carry a pair of vice grips and when you run out pinch the line to keep the air from making you run weird. I ran out of gas in one tank on Parker, first thought was, maybe I'm out of gas. It started and idled fine but when I got on it, it would rev up and surge down, and sputter and rev up and so on. I always carry a 2 gallon spare can. I added that and off to the fuel dock I went.
Got my brothers 5th wheel in front of my house all 36 or 38 feet of it. I think he is going to O'neil park for the week.
Jason
That makes sense then, cause the tank the draws the most on mine is closest to the fuel pump.

likeFATHERlikeSON3
06-29-2004, 08:25 PM
i'll be at Don Pedro the 1-8th:cool:

Dr. Eagle
06-29-2004, 08:29 PM
That makes sense then, cause the tank the draws the most on mine is closest to the fuel pump.
So out of curiosity, why not switch tanks rather than vice grip hoses?????:confused:

dmontzsta
06-30-2004, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
So out of curiosity, why not switch tanks rather than vice grip hoses?????:confused:
I dont vice grip hoses. :) I just let them do their thing, I dont think there is that big of a difference.

Cas
06-30-2004, 08:16 PM
looks like we're still on for the 10-11 at Don Pedro and the 18th has just been added :)