PDA

View Full Version : Argg!! Mallory Help needed

shaun
06-26-2004, 02:07 PM
I have a mallory 110 Fuel Pump and it has been sitting for 6-7 years. I desided to disassemble it and clean it up and i noticed that the magnets that attach to the housing are cracked/broken. I'm not talking about the brushes but the big half circle magnets. I'm been trying to find mallorys website to see if they can provide me with a replacement electric motor housing but has not been able to find anything. Anybody know if i can and where i can purchase a replacement part like this?
Man things like this are so discouraging some times, seams like the more i tear into this project the more i find wrong and the more money it costs me. The boat was in great shape and was always garaged when i was a kid but after some family troubles and it sitting outside at my uncles house for the last 5-6 years there is just so many things that have gotten recked. Well guess i'm ranting now... it just sucks...

Fiat48
06-26-2004, 11:51 PM
Probably not worth fooling with fixing the old pump. With boats it's "pay now or pay more later."

shaun
06-27-2004, 01:45 AM
Well the pump only had one season on it. After that it's just been sitting. These pumps are very simple, i cant beleive they charge so much for somthing so simple.... All the parts are in great condition but i think it must have been droped or somthing. Anybody know mallorys number?

Rexone
06-27-2004, 02:45 AM
Mallory
Hours: 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Mon.-Fri. PST
Phone: 775.882.1622
Address:
Erson Technical Service
Mr. Gasket Performance Group
550 Mallory Way
Carson City, NV 89701
Give them a call, they're usually very helpful to us. Who knows they might even warranty it for you if you explain the situation although it is pretty old. You never know unless you ask though. Good luck.

tbanzer
06-27-2004, 07:11 AM
Epoxy the magnet back to the housing and reuse it.

shaun
06-27-2004, 10:50 AM
Thanks Rex, i knew you would have the info! I'll give them a call. Only problem with them warentying it was that since it's been sitting for so long i stripped the color off the housing and painted it black. I'm not sure how they will feel about that.
tbanzer, I was thinking about doing that but what i'm worried about is that there is small chunks missing and it may cause the to want to pull to one side of the housing.

BGMAN203
06-29-2004, 09:17 PM
Don't fu*^ with that old pump. Just get a new one. You will be cussing yourself when that thing craps out on ya the first couple times you take your boat out.

Dave C
06-30-2004, 07:41 AM
I hate that pump.. They got cheap metal on the inside. (I use the term metal loosely)
Buy one of the new mechanical ones.
I ran the 170 for a long time on a big ole motor and never had a problem.
Yours is basically stock, correct? If so, go mechanical.