PDA

View Full Version : Dr. E's Getting There...

Dr. Eagle
06-26-2004, 06:14 PM
Finished up a bunch of work today on the project boat...
Stereo is done
1400 watts
2 10" subs, 6 6-1/2"s
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1152MVC-318F.JPG
Speaker wires in split loom...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1152MVC-323F-med.JPG
New VHF Marine Radio...(I just wanted one, OK!) And 10" sub under dashboard.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1152MVC-321F-med.JPG
New Deck...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1152MVC-322F-med.JPG
The Fuse block and ground bus are wired with #4 wires from the battery so adding accesories will be simple. I have to split apart the current 3 switches (Lights, blower and pump) and put them on their own fuses insead of the way the boat was built with a single for all 3.
I have ordered a hydraulic hatch lift for the back and will install it probably after the 4th.
The Mechanicals are all in order now... runs like a top!
Only pressing issue is getting the floor fixed up... and that will be next. But I am going to start using the boat now... it's good enough for Dr. E to play with now!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1152MVC-326F-med.JPG

LASERRAY
06-26-2004, 06:17 PM
Awesome Doc! Very Nice. You do clean work it looks like from here!;) What type of material is your interior made of?

Ntwotrance
06-26-2004, 06:18 PM
now when you're done goofing off, come over and do mine..:D

WaTchTheGelCoat
06-26-2004, 06:21 PM
Clean install on the amps :wink:

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-26-2004, 06:23 PM
very cool sweetie.. how much longer till your on the water.. it looks awesome.;)

Dr. Eagle
06-26-2004, 06:31 PM
thanks y'all....
I've been threatening to post boring progress photos just got around to it today.
Ray the interior is a Marine Cloth that is pretty darn durable. I have an appointment with a detailer in Los Alamitos... well actually Lakewood to get it steam cleaned.
Thanks for the complements on the amps... I have seen cleaner, but I like them to look like a pro did them... so I do my amateur best!
I am ready for the water now Mrs. V. I took the boat in the shop and had it given the once over to the tune of about $700, ( I was very concerned about the drive because the guy I bought it from didn't have many good answers on what service was done in the 4 years he owned it).
Water pump impeller is replaced, drive and Ujoints are serviced, alignment is good, new trim switch installed... and the carb has been adjusted. Now it fires first crank!

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-26-2004, 06:34 PM
I'm glad to here you are on the water.. and the boat is lookin great.. congrats.;)

Dr. Eagle
06-26-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
I'm glad to here you are on the water.. and the boat is lookin great.. congrats.;)
Thanks Mrs. V... I wanna see that SuperDave's boat... !
Oh yeah, do you guys have XM Radio? I bought the deck that was XM ready... so I just have to buy the accessory input and hook it up. Maybe later... the CD sounds great!

LASERRAY
06-26-2004, 06:57 PM
Hey doc, I have seen that interior before in an Ultra built by John West and it turned my head. His was black, yet stays cooler then even the whitest white of traditional material. Nice.
I have an XM ready Alpine and need to find-out what accesories I'll need to make it work. That will be the next expense.:cool:
Does this mean you're going to make it to Shaver?

Dr. Eagle
06-26-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
Hey doc, I have seen that interior before in an Ultra built by John West and it turned my head. His was black, yet stays cooler then even the whitest white of traditional material. Nice.
I have an XM ready Alpine and need to find-out what accesories I'll need to make it work. That will be the next expense.:cool:
Does this mean you're going to make it to Shaver?
I do like the cloth interior... it does stay pretty cool. I am going to get the XM docking station setup so I can use it in the car, boat and at home if I want.
I will try to figure out how work in Shaver if I can... Possibly on Tuesday.
Stay tuned the trip home just came about Friday.

LASERRAY
06-26-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
I do like the cloth interior... it does stay pretty cool. I am going to get the XM docking station setup so I can use it in the car, boat and at home if I want.
I will try to figure out how work in Shaver if I can... Possibly on Tuesday.
Stay tuned the trip home just came about Friday. Do you have the hook-up on this "docking station" that you speak-of?:confused:

Dr. Eagle
06-26-2004, 07:06 PM
Do you have the hook-up on this "docking station" that you speak-of?:confused:
Lemme look for a minute...
Eeeere.......Docking Unit/receiver... (http://www.xmradio.com/skyfi/)

LASERRAY
06-26-2004, 07:08 PM
Lemme look for a minute...
<<<<<<-------------------------- Humming Jeopardy theme.;)

Dr. Eagle
06-26-2004, 07:09 PM
See above...

LASERRAY
06-26-2004, 07:33 PM
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :D

Dr. Eagle
06-26-2004, 07:35 PM
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :D
Did you look above????

LASERRAY
06-26-2004, 07:50 PM
See above... Sorry, iI thought you were refering to my Jep post. I'll look at it now. Thanks.;)

LASERRAY
06-26-2004, 08:03 PM
Did you look above???? Hey doc, if my stereo/cd player is "XM" ready, is this all I need to make it work?(or something like it)? ( and a subscription of course):
XM Antenna (http://www.xmradio.com/catalog/product_detail.jsp?id=31133&type=Antenna)
:confused:

Dr. Eagle
06-26-2004, 08:16 PM
Sorry, iI thought you were refering to my Jep post. I'll look at it now. Thanks.;)
I'll talk to my stereo guru and see what the best way to go about this is... kind of odd since most people don't have cassette decks anymore that they'd pick that for an adapter.
I do want to be able to move it from at least the boat to the truck... even if I have to leave a pigtail out to hook it up.

Dr. Eagle
06-26-2004, 08:21 PM
Here is what my manual says
The XM Ready mark printed on the front panel indicates that the pioneer XM tuner (sold separately) can be controlled by this unit. Please inquire to your dealer or nearest authorized Pioneer service station regarding the XM tuner that can be connected to this unit. For XM tuner operation please refer to the XM tuner owners manual.
I'd say you will need more than the antenna...

LASERRAY
06-26-2004, 08:21 PM
I'll talk to my stereo guru and see what the best way to go about this is... kind of odd since most people don't have cassette decks anymore that they'd pick that for an adapter.
I do want to be able to move it from at least the boat to the truck... even if I have to leave a pigtail out to hook it up. Thanks. It is odd to offer a cassete adapter nowadays. Let me know what stereo guy has to say.:cool:

Dr. Eagle
06-26-2004, 08:33 PM
Pioneer XM Receiver (http://www.audioinmotion.com/item.jhtml;$sessionid$MSZIRWAAAAHLZTZENUEUTIWPERWR JPX0?UCIDs=414580%7C1086155&PRID=1065091)
Looks like this is what I need for mine... I was hoping for something a little more portable.

Dr. Eagle
06-26-2004, 08:41 PM
Pioneer Tuner (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60206&item=5706208515&rd=1)
I got this one...
Here is one for you...Alpine (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60206&item=5706246047&rd=1)

bigerich
06-26-2004, 08:42 PM
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think this is the answer you two are lookin for........
XM ready means that with the addition of an XM receiver you will be able to control the XM through the head unit you have, an antenna will be needed, as well as the XM receiver and XM subscription.
XM docking station is a separate unit that is the receiver/controller in one package. This will have a small "docking station" that the small unit will slide into and be pretty portable, as long as you have the docking station, it will go from car, boat, home and boom box pretty easily. (Posters editorial-The advantage to this setup, as I see it is the versatility, as you can only listen to one radio at a time really, you only need to pay one subscription fee to have XM in all your vehicles...)
That is my understanding, but could be way off!!!

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-26-2004, 08:44 PM
Thanks Mrs. V... I wanna see that SuperDave's boat... !
Oh yeah, do you guys have XM Radio? I bought the deck that was XM ready... so I just have to buy the accessory input and hook it up. Maybe later... the CD sounds great!
we couldn't do XM with hard wire.. or something like that.. sorry for the delay in the reply.. I was eating.. and drinking.. LOL!!;) :D :D

Dr. Eagle
06-26-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by bigerich
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think this is the answer you two are lookin for........
That is my understanding, but could be way off!!!
No, you are right on... I bought a Pioneer version that can be controlled by the head...

Tom Brown
06-26-2004, 09:06 PM
You're looking real good, Doc. :cool:

Dr. Eagle
06-26-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
You're looking real good, Doc. :cool:
thanks Tom!

LASERRAY
06-26-2004, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the valuable info Rich and Doc. I now have a clear understanding of what I need.:)

NorCal Gameshow
06-26-2004, 09:14 PM
Dr.E, it looks good.. good thing you were able to take it down there to give you something to do in your spare time:cool:
No yard work or honey-do list like you would've had if your were at home:D

Dr. Eagle
06-26-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by NorCal Gameshow
No yard work or honey-do list like you would've had if your were at home:D :D :D :D
I'd be in a nuthouse if I hadn't brought this down to fill in the weekends...:D :D :D

JetBoatRich
06-26-2004, 09:24 PM
Looking good Dr.E :D

Dr. Eagle
06-26-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
Looking good Dr.E :D
Thanks Rich... was a little more project that I thought... but aren't they all?

JetBoatRich
06-26-2004, 09:32 PM
Thanks Rich... was a little more project that I thought... but aren't they all?
At the end, you will be happy:D and I know wht you mean;)

HCS
06-27-2004, 06:08 AM
Your boats looking good! Now I what to look for when I'm at the
lake.;)

Dr. Eagle
06-27-2004, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
Your boats looking good! Now I what to look for when I'm at the
lake.;)
I'm coming home with the boat for the 4th. Should be at the lake a couple of days and maybe the river for a day.

LASERRAY
06-27-2004, 09:41 AM
I'm coming home with the boat for the 4th. Should be at the lake a couple of days and maybe the river for a day. I thought you were home. Are you traveling again doc?

Dr. Eagle
06-27-2004, 10:38 AM
I thought you were home. Are you traveling again doc?
I have been home twice since January. On the last trip I brought the boat down with me. Don't know how long I will be here...
but those pics were taken in the folks' driveway, (block walls are pretty uncommon fence material up north)...