PDA

View Full Version : Nautical timeshare?

skygod73
06-26-2004, 06:42 PM
We bought a 2 night/3 day package @ the Nautical from the last boatshow. Anyone have experience with this? We have a 90 min sales pitch and that's it. Is this thing worth joining? Never belonged to a timeshare before, how does it compare to LBR, cost etc?
Thanks!

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-26-2004, 06:46 PM
we have one there also.. we basically bought it for the launch ramp and it is worth it to us.. we are in and out of the water in 15 mins at the most.. while everyone else is at windsor or any where else for an hr.. we do take the time share on busy weekends and stay there also.. if available.. we can not get it 2 weeks before hand.. ;)

phebus
06-26-2004, 08:35 PM
A friend of mine has a timeshare there, and told me that they had sold out.

LASERRAY
06-26-2004, 09:53 PM
We were there about a month ago and went to the sales pitch. We didn't buy, but those were some of the coolest sales peeps I've ever met. It was totally laid-back and no pressure to buy at all. Very groovy.:cool:

Dr. Eagle
06-26-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
We were there about a month ago and went to the sales pitch. We didn't buy, but those were some of the coolest sales peeps I've ever met. It was totally laid-back and no pressure to buy at all. Very groovy.:cool:
Did you get your $100 off your room?

LASERRAY
06-26-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Did you get your $100 off your room? We got a room for the weekend at The Island for $50.00 and a $50.00 gas voucher for Chevron at the bridge. I gave the gas voucher to my friend Rick since I was boatless that weekend and we were in his Hallett.:cool:

skygod73
06-26-2004, 10:35 PM
Laserray,
Why did you choose not to buy, if you don't mind me asking?
Glad to hear it's not high pressure.
MrsFV,
How far in advance do you have to book to get the Nautical on a normal summer weekend?

LASERRAY
06-26-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by skygod73
Laserray,
MrsFV,
How far in advance do you have to book to get the Nautical on a normal summer weekend? They contacted us, not the other way around. So we weren't in the market for a timeshare, and I'm not one to pass on a cheap weekend in Havasu.;)

skygod73
06-26-2004, 11:11 PM
Same thing for me. I can't pass up a cheap weekend in Havasu!

LASERRAY
06-26-2004, 11:24 PM
Same thing for me. I can't pass up a cheap weekend in Havasu! The sales pitch only take-up 90 minutes of your weekend, but make sure you get a morning apointment so it doesn't ruin your afternoon. Nothing worse then haven to come off the lake to sit in a office and listen to sales people try and sell you something that you don't want.;)

skygod73
06-27-2004, 12:02 PM
Good point!

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-27-2004, 12:11 PM
Laserray,
MrsFV,
How far in advance do you have to book to get the Nautical on a normal summer weekend?
we have to book two weeks prior.. no earlier.. that's what I didn't like.. sometimes there available then sometimes they are not.. but we did not get the best package either.;)

kindsvatercurt
06-27-2004, 12:16 PM
hey how do u get into the whole 90min sales pitch. i want a free weekend

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-27-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by kindsvatercurt
hey how do u get into the whole 90min sales pitch. i want a free weekend
we were walking through the court by shugrues and they were in there offering it.. I'm sure if you went to the office where they are located they can tell you when the next one is.;)
they also have a web site you can check out.
firstcabinclub.com

kindsvatercurt
06-27-2004, 12:24 PM
where is the office located? at nautacal inn

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-27-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by kindsvatercurt
where is the office located? at nautacal inn
it is the bungalo just before the dirt by the launch ramp.;)

welk2party
06-27-2004, 12:41 PM
My friend went on the weekend of the 4th last year. Got a free night at the Nauti and a free breakfast at the restraunt. Not bad for a Holiday weekend. He did go in the morning. He was done with the whole deal before anyone was ready to hit the water.

LASERRAY
06-27-2004, 12:51 PM
We initially had a 2:00pm appointment and our friends had a 9:00am. We showed up at 9:00am and played dumb. "What? 2:00pm? We were told to be here at 9:00am! We can't make it at 2:00pm".:D

Dr. Eagle
06-27-2004, 06:08 PM
The real advantage I saw in the timeshare was the use of the Nautical launch ramp... I was never a believer in time shares, but the ramps at havazoo might make me a believer if I was lived here and wanted to go to havasu a lot...(which I would).

SoCalOffshore
06-27-2004, 08:15 PM
How much and what do you get? Are there any resales available?

Huckleberry
06-28-2004, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by SoCalOffshore
Good question. Back TTT

Mandelon
06-28-2004, 07:56 AM
Check E bay for deals on time shares. There are some realty companies who specialize in them too.

charlyox
06-28-2004, 09:24 AM
those time shares go for $18K. kinda steep for 1 week a year

SandMan_Mike
06-28-2004, 09:29 AM
We took them up on ther offer for the 3 day two night stay for $49.00 plus they throw in $50 in gas. Rooms were great, All we had to do is listnen to thier timeshare presentation, Prices started about $4500 up to 15K, If you bought that day the trew in a Presidence clup which you got to stay there for $50 a night 28 night a year, With a few other perks. 2 nights in havasu for $49 and 60 mins of time was a good deal.:o

jackpunx
06-28-2004, 10:19 AM
I got one.. I love it..Ive really only used it a couple of times.. but when ever Im up there.. I launch from there.. its worth that.. ...(well not really but).. Im giving my sister my week this year for her honymoon.. And I spend most of my time down in Parker.. so .. Im not sure how much sense it makes.. but the prices have gone up 2 times since I purchased.. so its worth mor now then when I got it.. :D

boatnam2
06-28-2004, 10:49 AM
shit someone give me 15k and i will hook you up with a pad that is fully furnished big screen and all not plus a boat ramp you can use anytime.i will throw in 2 free weeks a year also.:wink:

jackpunx
06-28-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by boatnam2
shit someone give me 15k and i will hook you up with a pad that is fully furnished big screen and all not plus a boat ramp you can use anytime.i will throw in 2 free weeks a year also.:wink:
Do you wanna share?.. I'll split mine w you?.. have the best of both worlds:D

boatnam2
06-28-2004, 10:54 AM
jp i would do it in a minute but we dont hit havasu.plus if you stayed at my place rd would never find you.plus i would venture to say you pretty set up on the old strip.

jackpunx
06-28-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by boatnam2
jp i would do it in a minute but we dont hit havasu.plus if you stayed at my place rd would never find you.plus i would venture to say you pretty set up on the old strip.
I dont really go up there much either.. Its either Naciamento.. or Parker.. Love both of those places.. and more over.. the people in them..
LOL... RD dosnt come to visit.. I think you may have said something to piss him off.. He told me not to go to your house.. :D j/k

Roxysnow
08-04-2004, 01:12 PM
We gave in this week and decided to do the timeshare. Honestly, it's actually a good deal if you are within a half day drive. Most people that don't benefit do timeshares in places they need to fly too. Doesn't make sense cause there is too much planning involved. Nautical timeshare offers the 7 extra days per quarter too. They gave us a crap load of free days this year too. They compt a 4 day weekend and an extra 7 day week and we were able to get our week timeshare this year too. Not to mention the use of the boat ramp.

Dusty Times
08-04-2004, 06:18 PM
We have used other time share properties in Vegas for about a hundred per night for a Strip Condo (about three properties to choose from). So far the buy at Nautical has been worth it for us. And I was against buying at first. I guess the wife won that one. :argue:

billet racing
08-04-2004, 10:21 PM
We paid for one of those trips. Had stayed there a few times, they called us. we'll go check it out.

slowinhavasuskid
08-05-2004, 09:46 AM
we bought one of the time shares at the Nautical and we live here. we only bought it for the perks of the launch ramp and parking and stuff and when it came right down to it they told us that we could not launch there unless we were staying there???? we were told in the begining that any member could use any of the facilities any time. so we cancled our contract.

Roxysnow
08-05-2004, 10:37 AM
They have only been selling for a 1 1/2 years.....from what we were told. Resales might be hard to find.

jackpunx
08-06-2004, 01:53 AM
we bought one of the time shares at the Nautical and we live here. we only bought it for the perks of the launch ramp and parking and stuff and when it came right down to it they told us that we could not launch there unless we were staying there???? we were told in the begining that any member could use any of the facilities any time. so we cancled our contract.
I park and use the ramp all the time and dont stay there.. Its just overnight parking..