PDA

View Full Version : Eliminator droop ??

wet77
06-26-2004, 07:33 PM
I have a 21' daytona eliminator tunnell
The boat is a 1985 model and is light in the interior (no hatch, no raised floor etc..)
Never yet had it in the water because I bought it without motor.
After talking to a few guys on the boards I am now going to go with a large BB motor, say 572 + CI
Anyway it has a stock JG with A impeller a hydraulic place diverter with new style nozzle and ride plate. Factory ramp type loader. alum. impeller.
Would I benifit by adding a droop right away??
If so what type, long, short, which brand??
Also with that high horsepower BB would I need to go stainless impeller right away or wait till I wear out the aluminum one?
Pump has 10 hours on it!

TIMINATOR
06-26-2004, 08:59 PM
I ran an aluminum American Turbine AA for 2 1/2 years with mine. Get a droop,get an extension, buy mine. You need the droop if you are under 90 or so to get the lift, after that a straight will work too, They are just too pricey for me right now, I've got other things to do first. NOTE: the more HP you give a Daytona the better they work. TIMINATOR

wet77
06-27-2004, 05:55 AM
There is 4 degrees of wedge in the pump right now do I remove that or leave it and add a droop?
Short?
Long?

MudPumper
06-27-2004, 01:16 PM
Short

Cas
06-27-2004, 02:10 PM
Wouldn't it be best to put a motor in it, run it a couple of times to get a good baseline and then go from there?
At this point, you have no information on "your" boat to know what it does or doesn't do.

TIMINATOR
06-27-2004, 05:24 PM
Long droop or short one with an extension, you may need the wedge depending on which brand you buy. The closer you start out to a known combination the less work later,and the less chance you'll get beat before your deal is perfect. TIMINATOR

wet77
06-27-2004, 06:06 PM
What I figured there was a few guys who had this type of boat and have allready found which one works better.
I was thinking of trying it without and going from there, I have not bought the hydraulic trim yet, But I plan to go with the braided lines right away, I suppose I could get the lines for a droop so if I ever add one I can just pull the slack thru and not have to buy new lines.:)
Are there big gains to the droop or just 1-4 mph??
Worth the money:confused:
Like compareing a boat with or without a divertert:confused:

cruser
06-28-2004, 12:23 AM
When I ordered my 21 daytona, all the jet guru's I talked to said buy the short droop. The long droop will drag. 1 said buy the snoot but I agree, it is too expensive right now.
cruzer