PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Tires

CARRERA
06-26-2004, 07:42 PM
Is anyone blowing any trailers tires other then the "Carlisle" tires, or is it only the Carlisle tires that are causing all of the problems.

Flying Tiger
06-26-2004, 11:12 PM
Carlisle is a division of GoodYear.
Trailer tires have to run at 50 psi.
50 psi is critical to avoid heating up, which causes the tire to fail.
My carlisles are junk,, my goodyear marathons are too.
I use Greeball Towmaster (big O tire lake havasu) for replacements when they fail,
And they seem to be a better tire.
After for years, replace your tires reguardless of condition per the extreme owners man.
I concurr.
Yea, Carlises are junk.

shockwaveharry
06-27-2004, 10:45 AM
In 2002, I had two blow outs on the same trip and by the time I got home a third tire had started seperating. Since the trailer and tires where nearly new I was very concerned. I contacted Exterme and was refered directly to their supplier. The following day I had 5 replacement tires ready at will call. They even accommodated my request to go from a 205 to a 215. Shit happens. Customer service makes the difference.

bchbum
06-27-2004, 03:37 PM
Make sure to check the presure in your tires . I just had to replace 3 tires in Havasu because of low pressure . I didn't check with a gauge because they looked good .

waterboy
06-27-2004, 08:31 PM
i blew 3 tires this weekend heading up to havasu 1 near ludlow,1 near topock, 1 on the 95 into havasu. it was the trip from hell. the boat is always in havasu but had to bring home for some work.they looked good, the right pressure,but they were 7 years old

Havasu Hangin'
06-27-2004, 08:43 PM
...mine get so hot, they'll burn you if you touch them.
Now I carry thick gloves for when (not if) they separate.

CrazyHippy
06-27-2004, 11:35 PM
Hmmm.. never had a problem... Knock on wood..... maybe you guys are carrying to much weight... my 1000lb total weight boat on a dual axle trailer does just fine:p :D :p
Just be sure you carry a spare (or three) and the tools necessary to change a tire (jack, lugwrech, wheel lock key)
BJH:cool:

77Eliminator
06-28-2004, 05:59 PM
Anybody have a replacement tire recommendartion for those Carlisle's?

lovemyultra
06-28-2004, 06:13 PM
I just bought a set of Denman trailer tires which were highly recomended and have a huge rating in Consumer reports ,I went looking with no budget ( the couldnt be that much ) and this is what I ended up with ,I did a lot of research . By the way Denman makes alot of military stuff and tons of heavy duty trailer tires

77Eliminator
06-29-2004, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the recommendation. I will have to check them out