PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Tires

CARRERA
06-26-2004, 07:45 PM
Is anyone blowing any trailer tires other then the Carlisle tires, or is it only the Carlisle tires that everyone is having all the problems with.

Dr. Eagle
06-26-2004, 09:09 PM
I haven't blown a trailer tire for some time... knock on wood. I don't have Carlisle tires anymore...
I did blow three of six on my Eliminator...:( But that was some time back. I put the Tiregard on my tires and keep the pressure up, they are a great little device.

CARRERA
06-27-2004, 08:18 AM
What is a tire guard?

Dr. Eagle
06-27-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by CARRERA
What is a tire guard? Tire Signal (http://www.tiresignal.com/)
These little goodies that you put on your valve stem and they tell you if your air pressure is where it is supposed to be.
http://www.tiresignal.com/images2003/capanimated.gif
Air pressure is probably the most common reason for blow outs.. that's why I bought some of these...

KACHINA KEN
06-27-2004, 10:03 AM
Something semi related to this.... I bought a spare to replace a blow out at discount and the rep there asked me if I wanted to buy certificates for road hazard for all 6 of my trailer tires even though I didn't buy them from discount ( they came new on the trailer last year) I love warranty piece of mind so hell yeah I did! 1 blow out and all the certificates are paid for and I had 2 alone last year with Goodyears, it was road debris that did it though, I check my tires all the time.
Kenny

Dr. Eagle
06-27-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by KACHINA KEN
Something semi related to this.... I bought a spare to replace a blow out at discount and the rep there asked me if I wanted to buy certificates for road hazard for all 6 of my trailer tires even though I didn't buy them from discount ( they came new on the trailer last year) I love warranty piece of mind so hell yeah I did! 1 blow out and all the certificates are paid for and I had 2 alone last year with Goodyears, it was road debris that did it though, I check my tires all the time.
Kenny
Discount Tires/Americas Tire Store is a great retailer. I bought my wheels and tires for the suburban there, the wifes tires there too. They take pretty good care of their customers.

KACHINA KEN
06-27-2004, 10:53 AM
And I just ordered some of the caps:)

Dr. Eagle
06-27-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by KACHINA KEN
And I just ordered some of the caps:)
Cool... My only fear is that nice valve stem caps seem to disappear in my neighborhood. When I go home, I'll probably take em off and put them in the console... since I can't park the boat in its normal storage area.