PDA

View Full Version : OK Laker Fans - The End is Near

MagicMtnDan
06-26-2004, 10:40 PM
The Lakers ownership and management pushed Phil out the door. And they're making Shaq leave. All because they want to cater to the MSP (Most Spoiled Player) in the NBA, Kobe-I-didn't-have-sex-with-that-woman-Bryant.
I'm not the biggest Shaq fan in town (far from it) - any guy that can't make foul shots should never be paid $10 million a year let alone the almost $30 million he'll make next year!
The problem is Jerry West left town, Jerry Buss is retarded, and Mitch Kupchak is a puppet. That makes Kobe the boss of the Lakers and they're running every decision by him. Who do you want for the new coach, Kobe? Here's $20-plus million a year for 7 years. Now who do you want as your team mates? Whatever you say Kobe.
The Lakers are proof that there's no professionalism left in "professional sports."
Hope you enjoy next year Lakers fans. As Chickie woulda said, the jello's jigglin' - stick a fork in them too - they're done!

dmontzsta
06-26-2004, 10:50 PM
How is it over? the Lakers are still there to watch. :) it will never be over as a fan, even if they lose as bad as the magic. The Lakers will always be one of the top teams, they have always been.

LHC Kirby
06-26-2004, 11:08 PM
Go Yankees! Go Cowboys! Go Knicks! Go Kings! Go who ever is your favorite team? I am behind each team, I know they will lose some games and have lousy seasons . . . but if they are my team - that's it
The players are good,bad,great and always overpaid! IT IS A GAME!!!!
Sorry but, I go to the games, and actually stay till the end of the game! not until MY TEAM IS LOSING - to the end..... I love it when they come back and win it in the end of the 1/4, period, whatever.
The people in the parking lot never even hear it!!!!!
:)

bigerich
06-26-2004, 11:11 PM
Though I am not a huge Kobe fan after his "incident" last summer, he is one of, if not THE best player in the NBA right now. So, I can understand why the Lakers might want to know what his opinions are on who should be the next coach, and what players he might want to play with.

MagicMtnDan
06-27-2004, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by ShockwaveBob
Phil Jackson is the most overrated coach in NBA history. He got worked by Larry Brown. I was embarrassed for him.
Great point SB. Phil's had the pleasure of "coaching" Michael Jordan and company and Shaq and Kobe and company. All while Larry Brown has coached Allen Iverson and company (in Philly) and the "no-names" in Detroit (and other teams he coached that did well but didn't win the finals).
Larry Brown is probably the best coach in the history of the game.

JetBoatRich
06-27-2004, 05:24 AM
They will make some changes for sure this summer:o sometimes change is good:D

Dr. Eagle
06-27-2004, 07:57 AM
I'm not gonna touch this one except to agree with T&B that they could be painting themselves in a corner. If Kobe goes to jail, the'll likely be in the NBA basement...