PDA

View Full Version : Where to?

Wet Dream
06-27-2004, 06:18 AM
I'm just trying to get an idea of where to head things later this summer.

Mrs.sleekcraft76
06-27-2004, 08:10 AM
Can't wait !!! Let me know if you need any help on our end.

MizBubba
06-27-2004, 03:30 PM
Ditto! :)

Lady Warhawk
06-27-2004, 05:59 PM
Yeah, if there is anything we can do to help out let us know. We felt kinda like slackers last time. Sometimes be the virgin at these, you just have no idea what goes on behind the sceens.
Monica

likwidsukr
06-28-2004, 06:33 AM
Did someone say Virgin?:D

Wetter the Better
06-28-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Wet Dream
does that mean possibly another Anna gathering this summer!!!!!!!!!!!!

HammerDown
06-28-2004, 03:02 PM
August 6th I have a Court date and if things don't go well maybe the 11th:rolleyes:
Havre... is awsome clean water if the winds are down and it's low tide, and we did have a blast on the massive sand bar that one year sitting in 6" of water (clean sand bottom) sipping cocktails.
Raystown Lake...was also a great time, but lodging as you know is hit or miss and they won't refund your $$$ if you need to cancel for what ever reason. Personally I won't leave my boat in the remote lot used for the motel guest. The Cabins on the water are awsome but whats the chance of getting enough of them for everybody plus hitting good weather for that weekend>this relates to the "no refund" deal.
Lake Anna...been there (not this season), liked it and may go back sometime soon.
Think I'll just use the stream behind my house :D

DansBlown73Nordic
06-28-2004, 04:16 PM
I will second Rays comments that Raystown is by far the best place water wise. The Over night deal is not so good. I will definetly not be into parking the Nordic in that Grass lot....:yuk:
I did hear a rumor last night of another Motel on the water on Raystown that someone is going to check out!!!!!;)

DansBlown73Nordic
06-28-2004, 04:18 PM
As far as Anna goes Im sure we will be in the same boat with Val getting time off of work. :mad:
I could always come alone......:D

Wet Dream
06-28-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Wetter the Better
does that mean possibly another Anna gathering this summer!!!!!!!!!!!!
There has been talk about it. More boating involved.

MizBubba
06-28-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Wet Dream
Hey Wet... will you be needing donations for a raffle at the next get-together?

Mrs.sleekcraft76
06-28-2004, 06:26 PM
Oh no, Amy's got something up her sleeve's :eek:

MizBubba
06-28-2004, 06:32 PM
Who, Me??:p

Wet Dream
06-28-2004, 07:33 PM
We might, but I think things are leaning towards more of a casual get together for the events that happen later in the summer. The June Anna event takes all year to plan and iron out which we have all winter to get it finalized. With so little time between Anna and the other events, they are more of a less intense type event. We still do cookouts and party, but not so much with the raffles, t-shirts and other stuff. If there is enough interest drummed up for the late summer events, I don't see a problem. WideOpen spends most of the winter gaining the raffle items and leaves little time to gather more items.

Hemicbx
06-29-2004, 03:53 AM
I just got back from a 4 night camping trip at Raystown. Thur-Mon. I didn't even take the boat out on Saturday, and on Sunday we didn't go out until 5PM. Pretty messy for running around, but the nice thing about over there is that there are about a million BIG no wake coves for swimming/floating/whatever.
Overnight situation at Raystown is questionable at best. Just seems like nobody over there's set up to deal with a bunch of trucks & trailers. Plenty of "off-site" storage lots, but I won't have any part of that.
Also, as a comparison: All the marinas down at Anna were a $6 launch fee. The public launches at Raystown (Seven points) were $3 honor system. On the weekend the 7-pts public lot was slam full by 10AM. Seven Points Marina launch fee was $15! I'm afraid to guess what the big Lake Raystown Resort fee is.
I like Raystown a lot. I practically grew up there before it was all built up. (Back then it was just Raystown Lake, not the more proper Lake Raystown) I'm going back, but it will be arrive on Sunday and stay into the week type of visits. I'm after good skiiing water.
Hemicbx