PDA

View Full Version : What about complete interior kits for a 28' v-hull cuddy cabin?

copperrat20
06-27-2004, 11:51 AM
Am I going to have to get someone to custom make the interior to fit or is there a company such as dana, l&l, or rex that carries the interior? And when I say interior I mean the front seating for the open bow front section, the two benches in the cabin and the rear seats with hatch. The boat manufacture wants to much for something I can have done by a shop or done by myself.

Outnumbered
06-27-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by copperrat20
Am I going to have to get someone to custom make the interior to fit or is there a company such as dana, l&l, or rex that carries the interior? And when I say interior I mean the front seating for the open bow front section, the two benches in the cabin and the rear seats with hatch. The boat manufacture wants to much for something I can have done by a shop or done by myself.
Only stuff you will find ready made will be for Bayliners and other mass-produced boats. All the interiors for custom and semi-custom boats like yours and mine and nearly everyone else on this board are custom built either by the boat builder or sub-contracted shop. You really have no way around having it custom built. Expect to pay between $3,000 to re-cover your old wood to 5,000+ for a complete new interior.
OL

copperrat20
06-27-2004, 12:43 PM
yeah- manufacture said $30,000 for the interior for it. It has no wood frames and no upholstery. The only frames that are there are for the benches in the cabin. The frames are not a big deal to make, it's upholstering that I have to get done. The shop I take all of my stuff to in excellent. I was just wondering if there were any shops that make kits for them. Thanks for the help.:cool:

timewarp
06-27-2004, 02:02 PM
They must not want to do it, $30K is an awful lot just for interior, you can buy a lot of interior for that much. They just don't want to do it.
I don't know where you're at but Stratton used to do a good job, they have patterns for a lot of boats, it's been a while since I had anything done.
My $.02
Caleb

Dr. Eagle
06-27-2004, 06:26 PM
I'd find a reputable upholstery shop, one that specialize in custom work. You won;t find any "kit" interiors anywhere that I am aware of...

SpectraJoel
06-27-2004, 08:10 PM
You could always build your own like I did for my Spectra 32. I did the whole thing and had it stitched together for about $2,000
http://www.havasubarney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2951&st=0&#entry50176