PDA

View Full Version : Anybody work on Nextel I730's

PlyaPlya22
06-27-2004, 09:48 PM
I dropped my cell phone in the tub. It was submerged less than 3 seconds. I took it in and they told me that insurrance doesn't cover water damage. When I power it up it shows me the I730 screen and then it goes blue. When I plug in the charger it registers showing me that it is charging out the outter LCD as well as the main screen. Anyone have any suggestoins to keep frome having to go spend another $300 bucks and re updating antother 2 yrs of my life??

Kilrtoy
06-27-2004, 09:49 PM
Man stop lying,
you were trying to look over the stall and it fell in the crapper

PlyaPlya22
06-27-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Man stop lying,
you were trying to look over the stall and it fell in the crapper
I heard you making some noise and wanted to know what the hell you were doing?

Kilrtoy
06-27-2004, 10:00 PM
Its called taking a crap

PlyaPlya22
06-27-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Its called taking a crap
I never heard anyone enjoy taking a crap so much in my life. You must have been eating glue:eek!:

sorry dog
06-27-2004, 10:47 PM
Never worked on that one but have worked on other Motorola/Nextel stuff.
I'm assuming that one has a SIM card so if your lucky the #'s might still be there, or you could try another SIM but that is long shot. Your probably screwed on the rest of it. I haven't seen to many motorolas recover from water (maybe one i550).
I've felt screwed by Nextel and motorola on more than one occaison concerning warranty coverage and repairs. I'm going to avoid both in the future if I can.

fourspeednup
06-27-2004, 11:21 PM
Oh man...you're supposed to disassemble the phone and blow it out with compressed air and then go back to the store and tell them it stopped working :D
It worked for a "friend" of mine;)

JetBoatRich
06-28-2004, 04:47 AM
I know a few people who dry out real good, it should power up with something on the screen:( then they will usually work with you:eek!:

PlyaPlya22
06-28-2004, 07:28 AM
Thanks for the info. I am going to take it over to the Store today and see what they say! I'll let ya know.

THATJEFFGUY
06-28-2004, 08:48 AM
Hey..just what Fourspeednup said ! My old i1000 plus fell in the River twice. I took it apart, dried it out and told Nextel it stopped working...they were clueless and replaced it ! The same thing happened to my i730...the plan worked again !

PlyaPlya22
06-28-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by THATJEFFGUY
Hey..just what Fourspeednup said ! My old i1000 plus fell in the River twice. I took it apart, dried it out and told Nextel it stopped working...they were clueless and replaced it ! The same thing happened to my i730...the plan worked again !
I'm all over it. Thanks Jeff!

Dr. Eagle
06-28-2004, 08:54 AM
I dropped a cell phone (long time ago) in the lake by the beach and went back to shore and immediately removed the battery. When I got home, I removed the screws and pulled it apart, then dried it out with air. I left it apart for the rest of the day to make sure I got it all and then reassembled it. Fired right up. If you leave the battery on when they get wet, it is usually fatal due to the galvanic action inside on the circuit boards.

PlyaPlya22
06-28-2004, 11:46 PM
Ended up paying 180.00 out the door for a new phone. Got a I730 if someone wants to deal with it . PM Me, it's only 6 weeks new!!

Dr. Eagle
06-29-2004, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by PlyaPlya22
Ended up paying 180.00 out the door for a new phone. Got a I730 if someone wants to deal with it . PM Me, it's only 6 weeks new!!
Like I said, it's likely a disgusting pile of copper oxide inside... useless to anyone. Next time if you drop it in the lake or crapper, take the battery off and dry it out quick as you can... it should survive then.

PlyaPlya22
06-29-2004, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Like I said, it's likely a disgusting pile of copper oxide inside... useless to anyone. Next time if you drop it in the lake or crapper, take the battery off and dry it out quick as you can... it should survive then.
Thanks Dr.