PDA

View Full Version : What do you feel about Cat Party decks??

Daytona19
06-28-2004, 02:33 AM
I have been thinking about getting into a new boat for next year. In Michigan I have never seen a tunnel party deck , such as a magic or ???. Any thoughts would be great to give me a direction to go if I am going to start looking. I want something thats runs 80 to 90 mph and yet will handle 10 people or so. I would like to get some insider views on what you like as far a manufacture and options on these boats, and I dont think I will go as big as a 28 footer. I will probably go used to save some cash plus the boss will put a limit on what I spend, so Im just trying to get some ideas to help with this process one thing though I do like the look of some I have seen here which look more like a cat rather than a deck. Thanks.
Clint

Huckleberry
06-28-2004, 04:17 AM
Conquest makes on bad a$$ deck boat. If I were to buy a deck boat, I'd look no further.

Reaper1
06-28-2004, 06:12 AM
Magic and Conquest build some great looking deck boats. You might want to look at the E-ticket also. You can put twins on that sucka.;)

welk2party
06-28-2004, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Daytona19
, and I dont think I will go as big as a 28 footer. Clint
Most high performance deck boats are 27 to 28 ft. Pretty much every manufacture has a deck boat these days. Good luck.

HavasuDreamin'
06-28-2004, 06:17 AM
If you don't want to go 28', I would look at the Place Craft 22'. It is a damn nice boat and a good looking one for a deck.
Problem is, they are hard to find used.
My $.02

nodigg
06-28-2004, 08:31 AM
If you wanna spend $45,000, get a Cheetah and a new truck and river house. If you wanna spend $100,000. go for the Magic.
My .02

OutCole'd
06-28-2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by ShockwaveBob
My next boat will be a Magic or Conquest 28' Deck Cat. I'd like to hear some opinions as well.
Do a search under either Magic or Conquest. There have been a few threads on this.

KingCole
06-28-2004, 08:36 AM
I agree. Conquest makes an awesome looking deck boat. Does anyone know if they have a web site?

copperrat20
06-28-2004, 08:38 AM
I think it is group1marine.com

copperrat20
06-28-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by copperrat20
I think it is group1marine.com
scratch that --
it is
www.conquestboats.com

HCS
06-28-2004, 08:44 AM
I like that Boss Cat 280.:)

OutCole'd
06-28-2004, 08:46 AM
Here's Magic's site.
http://www.magicpowerboats.com/

KingCole
06-28-2004, 08:52 AM
Out Cole'd. Cool looking Magic. Did you compair it with the Conquest befor you bought it? If so what were your likes and dislikes.

OutCole'd
06-28-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by KingCole
Out Cole'd. Cool looking Magic. Did you compair it with the Conquest befor you bought it? If so what were your likes and dislikes.
Check your pm's;)

OutCole'd
06-28-2004, 09:06 AM
Could you send me that list too? Thanks!
Fine, check you pm's also.;)

revpuffdaddy
06-28-2004, 09:08 AM
Can not go wrong with the Conquest Top Cat II. We are very happy with ours! Contact Keith Sayre at 928-680-1400.

bohica
06-28-2004, 09:25 AM
I have a Conquest Top Cat II in the mold right now. What's really cool is the little cuddy cabin their putting in for me.:D

dicudmore
06-28-2004, 09:35 AM
My buddy has a Cheetah deck. It is rigged for chit. I would have to rerig the entire boat before it ever touched the water. Even he thinks it's rigged bad, he's the first one to point out many of the problems.
45k versus 100k they can keep the extra zip-ties ;)

welk2party
06-28-2004, 09:54 AM
If you would like this one, it's for sale! 2003 Eliminator 27 Fundeck.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1543Eliminator_016-med.jpg

Dr. Eagle
06-28-2004, 10:01 AM
Like it Mr. Welk.. PM me with how much....

welk2party
06-28-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Like it Mr. Welk.. PM me with how much....
Sent you PM

prosthogod
06-28-2004, 12:38 PM
Without bringing up a whole nuther topic, Look at the new HTM 27ft deckboat. I think around 70K.web site is Hightorquemarine.com

RobR.
06-28-2004, 12:49 PM
As Havasu Dreamin mentioned take a look at the Placecraft. I took delivery of mine in April. It seems to handle the rough water in havasu pretty well. It has a lot of room for a 22' boat. Placecraft is a small company that only build about 45 boats per year. As HD mentioned you do not see too many used ones for sale. I am really happy with my boat.

nodigg
06-28-2004, 01:40 PM
My buddy has a Cheetah deck. It is rigged for chit. I would have to rerig the entire boat before it ever touched the water. Even he thinks it's rigged bad, he's the first one to point out many of the problems.
I hear that all the taime. Had mine 6 years and NO rigging problems so far.
Tell me what he says is "Rigged for chit". Just curious.

nodigg
06-28-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by dicudmore
45k versus 100k they can keep the extra zip-ties ;)
Ditto....Sometimes....I agree! Sometimes I long for a "Name Brand". I went with the lower cost boat and bought a river house and truck with the leftover change. I am not saying it is the RIGHT choice for everone. Just food for though and was the one that fit for me at the time.

dicudmore
06-28-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by nodigg
I hear that all the taime. Had mine 6 years and NO rigging problems so far.
Tell me what he says is "Rigged for chit". Just curious.
I believe he said things not through bolted....
Howard its not, but I can't bitch about the rigging on my Cheetah

phebus
06-28-2004, 01:48 PM
What do you feel about Cat Party decks??
I feel they are the most functional all around boats out there. We just got ours earlier this year, and love it. It is a Carrera 257 Party Effect, and we bought used to avoid the big hit. Check them out.

nodigg
06-28-2004, 01:52 PM
I believe he said things not through bolted....
Howard its not, but I can't bitch about the rigging on my Cheetah
Bob HAS made some important improvements over the last coupla' years that's for sure. VERY NEEDED ones also. My statement is always that it was/is the best VALUE, (if that matters to you), on the water.
Now if you don't have to worry about where your money goes then don't even think about the savings and go with the one you like the look of/would be most comfotable with. I know I would step up in price if I would stop buying real estate with the left over cash instead of a new boat.

phebus
06-28-2004, 01:54 PM
I know I would step up in price if I would stop buying real estate with the left over cash instead of a new boat.
Quit being so practical :D

nodigg
06-28-2004, 02:02 PM
Seriously, all the railing, molding and hinges are loose. He's had to redo all the molding already. The railings are all loose to the touch. His boat is 4-5 years old, but he uses it a lot. I think he's been at the river every weekend this summer.
Sounds all too familiar! I do a tune up on my door hinges all the time. BAD DESIGN. But so cool when you dock or play. Has he taken it back to Bob for a fix? He did mine a couple of weeks ago.
I think Cheetahs owners tend to get on the water a lot more often than some others. I run mine way harder than it was intended. Several 16 people trips loaded to the gills. The double biminis are rough on the gunnels I know. I have to tighten things down occasionaly myself.
Nothing more satisfying than blowing by a Conquest/Magic with two tops up though! (okay not ALL of them) LOL!

nodigg
06-28-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by phebus
Quit being so practical :D
Really! I have to say no one accusses me of that often enough! :D Thanks!
Now about the question of how to get another 1-2 mph out of this damn thing! I don't care what it costs! LOL!

nodigg
06-28-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by prosthogod
Without bringing up a whole nuther topic, Look at the new HTM 27ft deckboat. I think around 70K.web site is Hightorquemarine.com
I like the lay out on the HTM! But I have been dreaming about a Magic for the last year or so.

phebus
06-28-2004, 02:08 PM
Now about the question of how to get another 1-2 mph out of this damn thing! I don't care what it costs! LOL!
Probably what a down payment on another house would. Buy another house and retire a couple of years earlier. Much better than 1-2 mph!! :D

nodigg
06-28-2004, 02:10 PM
Probably what a down payment on another house would. Buy another house and retire a couple of years earlier. Much better than 1-2 mph!! :D
Now there ya' go bringing me back to practical! If I spent the money on the hull instead of options I coulda' had that Magic a lont time ago.

Just Tool'n
06-28-2004, 03:26 PM
Look in the July 04 edition of powerboat mag, there is a 99 257 carrera party cat forsale
HP500EFI C/W Whipple supercharger, Imco sterring
all for $62,995, in Florida Ph 561-271-1200
or NPH001@aol.com
Hope this helps!

SHIP FACED
06-29-2004, 12:06 PM
we picked-up our boat last week-end.it is one awesome boat the detail and finish work are excellent.the boat handles great.we used the 496 ho with four people 60mph.this boat will compete with any deck boat on the market!

RiverDave
06-29-2004, 12:20 PM
Got any pics and a website?
Ball park price with a 496HO etc..
RD

jackpunx
06-29-2004, 12:22 PM
there it is there.. Im sellen the Stoker and buying a deck boat

RiverKitty
06-29-2004, 01:16 PM
Ya, come on nodigg....you know your boat is a POS....just give it to me! ;) :D :p
Trust me, I've been on nodigg's Cheetah and I'd take it in a N.Y. Second!!!!!!! Funny but everytime I've been at a lake party everyone seems to gravitate to nodigg's boat! Why? Because it has a flat deck that everyone can party on and the tunes are outstanding!!! This guy has a cd case from music gods!!! And I can attest to the fact that his boat does some serious MPH on the open water!
I don't know or care how much he paid for it....His boat KICKS ASS!!!!!!!!

nodigg
06-30-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by RiverKitty
Ya, come on nodigg....you know your boat is a POS....just give it to me! ;) :D :p
Trust me, I've been on nodigg's Cheetah and I'd take it in a N.Y. Second!!!!!!! Funny but everytime I've been at a lake party everyone seems to gravitate to nodigg's boat! Why? Because it has a flat deck that everyone can party on and the tunes are outstanding!!! This guy has a cd case from music gods!!! And I can attest to the fact that his boat does some serious MPH on the open water!
I don't know or care how much he paid for it....His boat KICKS ASS!!!!!!!!
DAMN! thanks for the props!
(The preceding comments were not paid for by the management of this company nor were there any other forms of compensation supplied either directly or indirectly)
(I still want that Magic!)
:D

nodigg
06-30-2004, 08:09 AM
Hey, who was having Conquest build a cuddy party deck? I have asked Magic to do kinda' the same thing for me. (Its only a matter of money they say) What are you having done?

bohica
06-30-2004, 09:00 AM
Hey, who was having Conquest build a cuddy party deck? I have asked Magic to do kinda' the same thing for me. (Its only a matter of money they say) What are you having done?
That would be me.:D
This will only be the 2nd one done, the other is Todd's, one of the owners. On the Top Cat II, the area in front of the passenger seat is where the cuddy will be. Losing an ice chest by doing it, but if you have kids, it's a pretty sweet set up. Room for a 2 adults or 3 kids sitting. There will be a little couch, fan, air hatch and installing a dvd/video system.
Boat should be coming out of the mold today.:D

nodigg
06-30-2004, 09:07 AM
I gotta see this one!

OutCole'd
06-30-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by bohica
This will only be the 2nd one done, the other is Todd's, one of the owners. On the Top Cat II, the area in front of the passenger seat is where the cuddy will be. Losing an ice chest by doing it, but if you have kids, it's a pretty sweet set up. Room for a 2 adults or 3 kids sitting. There will be a little couch, fan, air hatch and installing a dvd/video system.
Looking forward to seeing pics of this. Sounds great.

tgun
06-30-2004, 09:18 AM
I would also check out the DOMN8ER. For 80k this deck has 496 HO and alot of extra's. Boat is bigger than both Magic and Conquest. It has great lines. For cabin space on a deck it would be hard to beat Lavey's deck but remember most of these builders will do what you want for a price.

Mrs Luvnlife
06-30-2004, 09:39 AM
Please post pics.....I would love to see it, we are interested in a deck boat, not sure which one yet. Thanks!! :)

bohica
06-30-2004, 09:49 AM
Maybe if Keith reads this post, he can post some pics of Todds boat, and maybe mine as it comes out of the mold today.:D

bohica
06-30-2004, 01:55 PM
Fresh out of the mold:D
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/watermark.php?file=500/914Dscf0004-med.jpg
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/watermark.php?file=500/914Dscf0005-med.jpg

dicudmore
06-30-2004, 02:02 PM
lookin' good Bohica :D

Mrs Luvnlife
06-30-2004, 02:27 PM
Fresh out of the mold:D
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/watermark.php?file=500/914Dscf0004-med.jpg
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/watermark.php?file=500/914Dscf0005-med.jpg
Looks very nice....you'll have to post the pictures in progress, I'm really interested to see the interior set-up. It will be nothing short of beautiful....you have that awesome rail!! :D

bohica
06-30-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Mrs Luvnlife
Looks very nice....you'll have to post the pictures in progress, I'm really interested to see the interior set-up. It will be nothing short of beautiful....you have that awesome rail!! :D
Thanks, will post pics of the progress. Since the boat's not done, we're headed to St. Anthony dunes in Idaho with the buggy to go tear up some sand. :D

Mrs Luvnlife
06-30-2004, 04:03 PM
Thanks, will post pics of the progress. Since the boat's not done, we're headed to St. Anthony dunes in Idaho with the buggy to go tear up some sand. :D
There ya go.....sounds like fun....have a good time! :D

Ivan Dan
06-30-2004, 04:22 PM
From everything I've heard, I can get a Magic w/ a 496HO and no stereo out the door for less than $80k. It's not zip ties, every single piece of hardware on his boat is loose, hardly anything was through bolted.
Unless you are going for a complete stripped down no options boat this probably won't happen. If I remember right the asking price was $84k with NO options.

duffster
06-30-2004, 05:47 PM
Conquest uses a proven Eliminator cat hull on there deck boats.

dicudmore
06-30-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by duffster
I think you'll notice "similarity" with a lot of cat hulls.....
and that's all I'm gonna say there.
Popcorn anyone :confused:

XtrmWakeborder
06-30-2004, 05:51 PM
kinda on topic..has anyone done a write up on the new advantage 34' party cat?

dicudmore
06-30-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by XtrmWakeborder
kinda on topic..has anyone done a write up on the new advantage 34' party cat?
yes but can't find the article to direct you to it :(

OutCole'd
06-30-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by duffster
I believe you have that backwards. ;)

XtrmWakeborder
06-30-2004, 06:31 PM
yes but can't find the article to direct you to it :(
thanks for lookin out, if you find the article could u pm me, do yah remember if the review was good or bad? advantage says it was the first air entrapment deck so i was wondering about performance
thanks alot
David

LAPII
06-30-2004, 09:21 PM
I just picked up my Magic 3 weeks ago, I had been looking since last May 2003, it started out with Chapparel's then dwindled done to Conquest (can't say enough great things about Keith at Conquest, even though I didn't buy from him) and Magic. Went for test rides which were very similar on a rough and windy day, both did exceptional. But for the money and options, and looks it was Magic. There were some pros and cons between the two if intrested.

welk2party
07-01-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by OutCole'd
I believe you have that backwards. ;)
He does have it backwards. Conquest has retooled their hull leaving Eliminator with an identical hull to older Conquests. However, the hull is originally (This is what I have been told) a Talon. Great Hull and very fast.

Keith E. Sayre
07-01-2004, 06:06 PM
I would like to add that we are all very fortunate to be able
to travel a very short distance and find a great deal of
outstanding deckboats. While money is usually a big driving
force when buying any boat, I'd like to say that there are
truly outstanding things to say about every boat that I've
read about on this thread. If you want proof of that, look
at a 20 to 30 y ear old boating magazine! Oh sure, they're expensive today, but we go 2 to 3 times as fast and
more reliably than ever! For t he most part, I've found that
the true boating enthusiasts on these boards are here to
provide good and accurate information which helps us all.
For those shopping or learning, invest some time, read up
on all of them, drive them all, talk to past and present owners-- do your homework. After all $100,000 deckboats are great! Pick the one that suits your family and your situation and needs. Too often we lose sight of our objective which is
having fun! Have a great weekend!
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Lake Havasu City
928-680-1400
ope.

OutCole'd
07-01-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by welk2party
He does have it backwards. Conquest has retooled their hull leaving Eliminator with an identical hull to older Conquests. However, the hull is originally (This is what I have been told) a Talon. Great Hull and very fast.
All I meant was that it was a Conquest hull first, I believe they sold it to both Magic & Eliminator. But your right, before it was a Conquest, it was a Talon.

Keith E. Sayre
07-01-2004, 07:05 PM
Here are the photos that you asked for. As Bohica described it,
it's right in front of the port side bucket seat where mom usually
sits. It's ideal for those with a toddler or infant. they're out of the wind and the sun and sitting within inches of mom so she
can keep an eye on them. For those with small children, an
optional "fold down" dvd player/ tv and fan fit nicely in the front for the kids when they need some entertainment! I can even imagine the occasional dad falling asleep or should I say, "sleeping it off" in there. There's a small deckhatch on the top side to vent air in and if you look close, you'll notice that there is also a fair sized plexi door leading out into the front end of the boat. We're excited about this new option!
You will need to scroll to the right in order to see both photos.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Lake Havasu City
928-680-1400
http://www.***boat.com/image _center/data/500/1106Dscf0003-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1106Dscf0003-med.jpghttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1106Dscf0006-med.jpg

OutCole'd
07-01-2004, 07:14 PM
Keith, Thats a great idea. Still plenty of storage, and a place to get out of the sun. Good Job.

n33dtofish
07-10-2005, 07:36 PM
We are currently looking for a new boat and have started to look at deck boats, party cats. My dad doesnt want to go any slower than 50's and would like to stay under 24 - 25'', anyone suggestions on makers? I saw someone mention a 22' Place Craft anyone have a website for that? Thanks much

bordsmnj
07-10-2005, 08:08 PM
l like little boats . maybe it's becuase i haven't exactly won the lottery...yet. the ultra 23 is the nicest looking(to me) deck boat on the market. BUT if i was to step up to a bigger one i'd hafta go get that new Howard that no one's mentioned yet. the conquest isn't exactly hard to look at though thats for sure. tough market. :)

thom
07-10-2005, 08:28 PM
if interested in a cheetah deck the one one the left will be for sale at the end of the month.. i gotta get one last havasu trip out of it
bang for buck you cant go wrong with a cheetah.. Although i have to admit my next boat will be a conquest or a magic

bordsmnj
07-10-2005, 09:28 PM
:squiggle: :coffeycup i did not even see that .lol. yeah i'm REAL sharp Today! must be time for bed.

Paul65k
07-10-2005, 09:52 PM
Just picked up an '02 Party Cat 28XL a few weeks ago with pretty much all the options with a HP500 set-up.....best part os that the boat only had 19 hours and spent it's entire life in indoor storage.....basically a new boat and the deal was soooooooo good I couldn't pass it up!
I came from a 21' Schiada River Cruiser.....and just couldn't take the beating on Havasu any more. I must say that the ride in the Party Cat is awesome in comparison to the RC on a weekend on the lake. But the striking difference is in the build quality of the Advantage vs a true masterpiece like a Schiada is really apparent!
There is almost no through bolting on the Advantage, and the finish of the fiberglass is nothing like the finish quality of the Schiada. In 12 years on Havasu I have not had to tighten the trim screws on the Schiada once.....because they are throughbolted! I spend at least 15 minutes every 3-4 hours tightening the "Screwed into the hull" screws on this thing!!! Looks like I'll be taking all the screws aout and adding locktight since Advantage seemed to miss this one and of course this would not be necessary at all if they were throughbolted!
I've replaced about 80% of the set-screws on the biminis as they all seemed to want to come loose so again locktight will be the course of action. The hull on the advantage is really good but I can tell I will be spending way more time tightening things.
Kinda reminds me of when I started riding Harley's years ago after riding a BMW! You are always trying to keep the Harley together vs. never thinking about it with the BMW. But just like the Harley........I'll never go back......although I might just get a Conquest someday if I can find the same "Screamin deal" to keep from spending so much time screwing it back together!!!
What ever you do with a deck boat.........go big on the motor.....at least 2 steps above in engine package you would otherwise order on a comparable sized cruiser!!!
Good luck

Not So Fast
07-11-2005, 07:00 AM
From everything I've heard, I can get a Magic w/ a 496HO and no stereo out the door for less than $80k. It's not zip ties, every single piece of hardware on his boat is loose, hardly anything was through bolted.
good luck on that NSF :D :D NSF

nodigg
07-11-2005, 07:05 AM
Check out the lastest issue of Powerboat Magazine, they tested 14 Deck Boats. Most bang for the buck=Cheetah hands down! If you want more fit, finish, and zip ties be prepared to spend and extra $40-60K for the same size boat. Oh yeah, and be prepared to do your own through bolting on the biminis if you go some of the brands, (Cheetah). I did mine 5 years ago and eliminated that problem and kept the 40 grand for a down payment on a river house.

nodigg
07-11-2005, 07:07 AM
Yup, August. Not extensive testing but it is a point of reference at least.

Not So Fast
07-11-2005, 07:08 AM
Please post pics.....I would love to see it, we are interested in a deck boat, not sure which one yet. Thanks!! :)
WHOA there Missy, have you checked with Cale on that :eek: Didn't you just get that purty 27 Daytona last month????? Being a pipeliner must be paying real good now huh?? :cool: :cool: NSF

nodigg
07-11-2005, 07:14 AM
What ever you do with a deck boat.........go big on the motor.....at least 2 steps above in engine package you would otherwise order on a comparable sized cruiser!!!
Good luck
I have to agree with this statement. I went big on mine engine when I ordered, then bigger, then still bigger. mostly for when we get 16 peeps on board, we can still out out of the hole and up on plane with no problems.

Not So Fast
07-11-2005, 07:20 AM
I already bought a boat, but that was a typo. :D Sorry, I had a quote for $83k in February, so I was figuring out the door for less than $90k.
Well I wont say you can't but I seriously doubt it unless you are going with a 496 mag and absolutley nothing else but I would not recommend it, too slow!!! JMO :smile: NSF

2Driver
07-11-2005, 07:30 AM
I agree.... and not to bash but here is my experience....I bought a Carrera which was being stored near the Cheetah factory and got a quick tour of their "factory" and a Cheetah cat they were delivering.
The "factory" was a mess and disorganized, beer cans in the work area trash cans-jeez! I was far from impressed with the workers let alone the owner.
I looked at a Cheetah Deck boat they were about to deliver and noticed they had not fully resin-ed the wood on the seats.. ie bare wood (which appeared to be standard plywood). The 2 cat hull’s were laden with saw dust - gee wonder what will happen when the bilge pumps try to go on the first time. :2purples: It was really an over all unimpressive presentation and borderline scary. I think I also remember a reading about 1 or 2 of the boats coming apart on the lake. However I would not hesitate to put a Walmart Battery in one :wink:
In contrast check out the operation at Advantage or Conquest and see who you want building the boat your family will be riding in at 70 MPH in 3' chop
Good luck

Not So Fast
07-11-2005, 07:33 AM
Like I said, I had a quote in February for $83k and some change with an HO and no stereo and just a few add ons. They must have really wanted to move some boats when it was raining every day for 4 months. :D
Yes SWB, they were going thru some changes at that time at Ron's behest but I bought mine in July and what makes me mad is how Outcole'd STOLE his boat from Magic (long story). I do believe the prices have increased lately because I have some friends looking and the $$$$ are up, why not , they sell everything as fast as they make it and in spite of all the Magic bashing on here lately (They do have thier probs, but tell me a boat builder that doesn't) I love my boat more everytime we go out. NSF

NashvilleBound
07-11-2005, 07:39 AM
2 things....I am not Magic bashing...just stating FACTS. The other is...yes, I can confirm prices are up;) I still like it tho. Just got back from Table Rock Lake yesterday and it handled the choppy water perfectly. Off to Knoxville this weekend for a friendly Poker Run.

Not So Fast
07-11-2005, 07:56 AM
2 things....I am not Magic bashing...just stating FACTS. The other is...yes, I can confirm prices are up;) I still like it tho. Just got back from Table Rock Lake yesterday and it handled the choppy water perfectly. Off to Knoxville this weekend for a friendly Poker Run.
Didn't say you were the one doing the bashing NB although you would have been very well qualified to do so after what you went thru. As you, I went thru some periods after buying mine that left me wondering why I went with Magic but in the end Ron and the gang at Magic worked it all out and as stated I love my Magic more and more every time out. If I could have found a boat like Ivan Dans at the time I would have snapped that puppy up so fast your head would be spinning but there were NO USED MAGIC"S or Conquests for sale at that time (well there was but they wanted as much as a new one) . If iI could have avoided the BUYING EXPERIENCE I would have as it was trying to say the least. NSF

NashvilleBound
07-11-2005, 08:04 AM
Your both right...I was not pointing at anyone that was saying I was bashing...just making sure;) Like you the more I use it the more I love it. Who ever ends up with Ivan dans will be lucky. I am sure its a killer ride....beautiful anyways. And dont NOT buy a Magic on account of my stories...just be carefull and watch everything YOURSELF. And Bob...whats another $40k? lunch money.... It's all about being happy with what you get.

Not So Fast
07-11-2005, 08:16 AM
Your both right...I was not pointing at anyone that was saying I was bashing...just making sure;) Like you the more I use it the more I love it. Who ever ends up with Ivan dans will be lucky. I am sure its a killer ride....beautiful anyways. And dont NOT buy a Magic on account of my stories...just be carefull and watch everything YOURSELF. And Bob...whats another $40k? lunch money.... It's all about being happy with what you get.
EASY FOR YOU TO SAY!!! :cool: your boat will grow on you I'm sure :D NSF

NashvilleBound
07-11-2005, 08:21 AM
EASY FOR YOU TO SAY!!! :cool: your boat will grow on you I'm sure :D NSF
Oh its grown on me already. I dont let on to anyone out here what i have gone through...no need. Its cool enough to be the only one on the water in something like this....
Easy for me to say? About pointing fingers? :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

fijibrad
07-11-2005, 08:31 AM
I agree. Magic and Conquest make some of the best deckboats around. But if your looking to go around 80-90mph in a deckboat, Good Luck with that!!! Most decks go mid 60's with a Merc HO, and if you want to hit in the 80's youll spend big bucks on an engine upgrade. You might want to try a used Cat, open bow if your looking for speed.

NashvilleBound
07-11-2005, 08:44 AM
I dont know...mine runs an easy 70-75 with full fuel and 6 adults.

Not So Fast
07-11-2005, 09:02 AM
Oh its grown on me already. I dont let on to anyone out here what i have gone through...no need. Its cool enough to be the only one on the water in something like this....
Easy for me to say? About pointing fingers? :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
No NO, easy for you to say $40K is lunch money, no finger pointing please!! :cool: :cool: :cool: NSF

NashvilleBound
07-11-2005, 09:26 AM
No NO, easy for you to say $40K is lunch money, no finger pointing please!! :cool: :cool: :cool: NSF
LOL...gotcha..... :mix: :mix: :mix:

liquidasset
07-12-2005, 10:14 AM
Commander builds a nice deck boat also.www.commanderboats.com

NashvilleBound
07-12-2005, 11:53 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: This thread just turned ugly. :D :D :lightsabe

NashvilleBound
07-12-2005, 12:16 PM
You know whenever anybody mentions Commander, it always gets ugly. :D
:rollside: Exactly :rollside:
You've been on here all day...dont you work???

dicudmore
07-12-2005, 01:09 PM
I agree.... and not to bash but here is my experience....I bought a Carrera which was being stored near the Cheetah factory and got a quick tour of their "factory" and a Cheetah cat they were delivering.
The "factory" was a mess and disorganized, beer cans in the work area trash cans-jeez! I was far from impressed with the workers let alone the owner.
I looked at a Cheetah Deck boat they were about to deliver and noticed they had not fully resin-ed the wood on the seats.. ie bare wood (which appeared to be standard plywood). The 2 cat hull’s were laden with saw dust - gee wonder what will happen when the bilge pumps try to go on the first time. :2purples: It was really an over all unimpressive presentation and borderline scary. I think I also remember a reading about 1 or 2 of the boats coming apart on the lake. However I would not hesitate to put a Walmart Battery in one :wink:
In contrast check out the operation at Advantage or Conquest and see who you want building the boat your family will be riding in at 70 MPH in 3' chop
Good luck
What a difference a day makes huh? I was in there last week and was noticing the wood floor on a 24' Fast-Cat they were putting together and I was surprised that I COULD NOT find a bare spot.
Coming apart? When/where? The boat somebody NOSE-dived outside of Black Meadow this spring?? That WAS NOT a Cheetah, and I don't know anyone building a boat designed to handle "stuffing"
I'm not a cheerleader, nor basher, of any boat but if there's a story I missed I'd like to read about it.
As far as a deck boat goes, I had the opportunity to drive the Conquest Top Cat w/Keith Sayre last week and that is honestly an awesome riding boat. Definitely is on my short list of boats to consider as far as deck boats go...

2Driver
07-12-2005, 01:47 PM
What a difference a day makes huh? I was in there last week and was noticing the wood floor on a 24' Fast-Cat they were putting together and I was surprised that I COULD NOT find a bare spot.
Coming apart? When/where? The boat somebody NOSE-dived outside of Black Meadow this spring?? That WAS NOT a Cheetah, and I don't know anyone building a boat designed to handle "stuffing"
I'm not a cheerleader, nor basher, of any boat but if there's a story I missed I'd like to read about it.
As far as a deck boat goes, I had the opportunity to drive the Conquest Top Cat w/Keith Sayre last week and that is honestly an awesome riding boat. Definitely is on my short list of boats to consider as far as deck boats go...
I guess any of the builders can have their bad days.. It was just stuff I saw and not opinions. The Cheetah I remember was a couple years back and had (I believe) seperated at the deck and hull going across the lake.
Also. Check the Lavey craft website under the racing section for some serious boat stuffing pics. Pretty cool. Ur boat does looks pretty nice

2Driver
07-12-2005, 01:54 PM
found that boat stuff pic at team laveycraft.... thought it was prety cool
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/2789image16_small.jpg
enjoy

BeaverJ
07-12-2005, 02:56 PM
Look in the July 04 edition of powerboat mag, there is a 99 257 carrera party cat forsale
HP500EFI C/W Whipple supercharger, Imco sterring
all for $62,995, in Florida Ph 561-271-1200
or NPH001@aol.com
Hope this helps!
I bought and still own this boat but would consider selling it, only to get a bigger one.............Jason

Partycattin
07-12-2005, 03:59 PM
Here's my 2 cents.
I have a 22 foot Advantage Party Cat with a 454 (330 hp).
Seats 10-12.
Like: Lots of room up front for moving around or the kids dancing.
Tons of storage.
Center pod/seat is up high so you have better visibility around the boat.
Side and rear doors for easy access and great for tying up with other
boats with side access doors.
Almost everything on my Party Cat is through bolted.
Handles rough conditions well.
Dislikes: The wrap around back seat is a bit cramped
The 454 struggles, a 496 HO would be a good fit.
No ladder up front
I'm one of those that is always looking and my next deck will likely be a 28 Conquest, Magic, or HTM. Might consider a 28 Advantage also.
As far as the Cheetah conversation. Had one for about 10 years and had problems with the rigging out of the gate. 2nd trip to the lake and spun the bushing between the motor and the drive. Took the boat to Teague to find out that the engine had not been properly alligned to the outdrive. They had to cut holes in my engine cover and reupholster it just to get the engine right. The seats were lag bolted down and often came loose which is kinda scary when you pin the throttle and fall backwards. After changing a bunch of the hardware and rigging, the boat was good for many years.
A friend of mine bought a brand new 21 Cheetah about 3 years ago. He took it in for the first servicing and the tech said that a lot of major things were loose.
I like the lines of the Cheetah deck, but not crazy about the interior or lack of storage. (This may have changed since I last looked). The price is definetly attractive though. I think if I bought one, I would take it to a service tech right after and have everything checked. You may spend $500-1000 but think of all the money your saving by buying the Cheetah.

2Driver
07-12-2005, 04:10 PM
Here's my 2 cents.
I have a 22 foot Advantage Party Cat with a 454 (330 hp).
Seats 10-12.
Like: Lots of room up front for moving around or the kids dancing.
Tons of storage.
Center pod/seat is up high so you have better visibility around the boat.
Side and rear doors for easy access and great for tying up with other
boats with side access doors.
Almost everything on my Party Cat is through bolted.
Handles rough conditions well.
Dislikes: The wrap around back seat is a bit cramped
The 454 struggles, a 496 HO would be a good fit.
No ladder up front
I'm one of those that is always looking and my next deck will likely be a 28 Conquest, Magic, or HTM. Might consider a 28 Advantage also.
As far as the Cheetah conversation. Had one for about 10 years and had problems with the rigging out of the gate. 2nd trip to the lake and spun the bushing between the motor and the drive. Took the boat to Teague to find out that the engine had not been properly alligned to the outdrive. They had to cut holes in my engine cover and reupholster it just to get the engine right. The seats were lag bolted down and often came loose which is kinda scary when you pin the throttle and fall backwards. After changing a bunch of the hardware and rigging, the boat was good for many years.
A friend of mine bought a brand new 21 Cheetah about 3 years ago. He took it in for the first servicing and the tech said that a lot of major things were loose.
I like the lines of the Cheetah deck, but not crazy about the interior or lack of storage. (This may have changed since I last looked). The price is definetly attractive though. I think if I bought one, I would take it to a service tech right after and have everything checked. You may spend $500-1000 but think of all the money your saving by buying the Cheetah.
where Ralph Nader when you need him :D How is your 22 cat is rough water. I am at home going through back fusion and am looking to move out of the 21 jet and into something a little nicer riding when I am ready to go

riverroyal
07-12-2005, 04:34 PM
i think thats kinda outta line for a deckboat,personally for me thats too fast.At 60mph its a wind tunnel.With passengers on board 60 is plenty fast.Also the motor would need to be huge,ask Nashville bound,viper V10 doesnt see 80 or 90mph.So to get that speed a Magic or Conquest would be 130k or more.Magics are basically 100k out the door with a 496HO,thats no secret price.Also the insurance would be alot,but if cash flow is no issue then get it!I believe conquest built a 200k deckboat this summer,it hauls ass,and looks great.Ive never had 10 people on my deckboat,that would be crowded.http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2371DSC00652.JPG

BADASS38CHEVY
07-12-2005, 04:44 PM
LAVEY CRAFT...http://www.laveycraft.com/28party.htm. Vacuum bagged and alot strong hull and lighter then most deck boats.Badass boat. http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=77620&size=big&password=&sort=2&thecat=506

NashvilleBound
07-12-2005, 04:54 PM
i think thats kinda outta line for a deckboat,personally for me thats too fast.At 60mph its a wind tunnel.With passengers on board 60 is plenty fast.Also the motor would need to be huge,ask Nashville bound,viper V10 doesnt see 80 or 90mph.So to get that speed a Magic or Conquest would be 130k or more.Magics are basically 100k out the door with a 496HO,thats no secret price.Also the insurance would be alot,but if cash flow is no issue then get it!I believe conquest built a 200k deckboat this summer,it hauls ass,and looks great.Ive never had 10 people on my deckboat,that would be crowded.
I will see 80 when I get it dialed in and get rid of all my passengers. I ran it at 77 at Table Rock Lake last weekend. 50 gallons and myself. I need to get a labbed 28 to really see where I land. Besides I am getting a weird spray from my drive at lower speeds and need ot have it checked out. Something is not gliding through the water perfectly. I gotta say my family and I love it...... Insurance is $950 a year too.... gotta love that. Telling the truth too!!!! Amazing.

riverroyal
07-12-2005, 04:59 PM
that because of tennessee?..another damn reason to move outta here,,,,on the spray,just get yellow nascar duct tape,nascar country back there isnt it :D

Not So Fast
07-12-2005, 05:05 PM
where Ralph Nader when you need him :D How is your 22 cat is rough water. I am at home going through back fusion and am looking to move out of the 21 jet and into something a little nicer riding when I am ready to go
My son has a 22 Party cat with a 502. if you are having back problems I can guarantee you will not be happy in a boat of that size unless you boat in calm waters, not bashing just telling it like it is :redface: NSF

Not So Fast
07-12-2005, 05:06 PM
i think thats kinda outta line for a deckboat,personally for me thats too fast.At 60mph its a wind tunnel.With passengers on board 60 is plenty fast.Also the motor would need to be huge,ask Nashville bound,viper V10 doesnt see 80 or 90mph.So to get that speed a Magic or Conquest would be 130k or more.Magics are basically 100k out the door with a 496HO,thats no secret price.Also the insurance would be alot,but if cash flow is no issue then get it!I believe conquest built a 200k deckboat this summer,it hauls ass,and looks great.Ive never had 10 people on my deckboat,that would be crowded.http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2371DSC00652.JPG
What he said, double NSF

NashvilleBound
07-12-2005, 05:27 PM
that because of tennessee?..another damn reason to move outta here,,,,on the spray,just get yellow nascar duct tape,nascar country back there isnt it :D
You need more reasons?? Already got da yeller tape...need #3's on da next one... Its Nascar country but I'm the biggest armchair fan around...I hate crowds on raceday. Been to all the tracks ...once...it was enough. Unless we chopper in next year...that would be alright.

hot_diggity_dog
07-12-2005, 06:33 PM
Seriously, all the railing, molding and hinges are loose. He's had to redo all the molding already. The railings are all loose to the touch. His boat is 4-5 years old, but he uses it a lot. I think he's been at the river every weekend this summer.
I thought they all came like that! :2purples:
HDD

hot_diggity_dog
07-12-2005, 06:35 PM
Sounds all too familiar! I do a tune up on my door hinges all the time. BAD DESIGN. But so cool when you dock or play. Has he taken it back to Bob for a fix? He did mine a couple of weeks ago.
I think Cheetahs owners tend to get on the water a lot more often than some others. I run mine way harder than it was intended. Several 16 people trips loaded to the gills. The double biminis are rough on the gunnels I know. I have to tighten things down occasionaly myself.
Nothing more satisfying than blowing by a Conquest/Magic with two tops up though! (okay not ALL of them) LOL!
It's just a freaking boat boat right Biatch! LOL
HDD

hot_diggity_dog
07-12-2005, 06:46 PM
I will see 80 when I get it dialed in and get rid of all my passengers.
:rolleyes: :idea: :D :D :D ;)
HDD

shipfaced
07-12-2005, 06:47 PM
i have the 28' domin8er deck boat and could not be happier with it. the ride is smooth and the interior room is spacious and open.more storage spaces than u have things to put in them .we went with the 496 ho and a bravo 1.it has the speed,and the pulling power we were looking for.i for one say it is built as well as any of the other decks out there.take a look at the web site domn8er power boats .dory was very helpful and all ways took the time to answer any questions we had no matter how busy he was. his customer service since we picked-up the boat has been nothing but first rate.

slowinhavasuskid
07-12-2005, 08:13 PM
OK now guys (and gals) I think that everyone did enough Cheetah bashing a couple of months ago when someone asked about them, and I will still say the same thing check them out for yourself just like any other boat. Cheetah is not a boat I would pick but thats me. My personal pick would be tough. Eliminator and Conquest build beautiful boats (yes, I think they are the same bottoms at most similar, and the deck is layed out a little different) and so does Magic, but if you are looking for speed and an overall awsome boat I would have to pick an E-Ticket!!! But like I have said in the past check out all of your options. Most, probally, all boat companies will let you check things out to find out how thier boats are made get all the info and don't be shy to ask questions. This is something that you are investing lots of time and money so I wouldn't feel like I was stepping over any boundries with any questions you may have. Just remember do you research before buying! Happy Boating! :D

nodigg
07-13-2005, 11:15 AM
It's all pretty simple, spend the $40K if you can self justify, have the extra to throw around it or just have the itch bad enough for a particular brand name or style....or save the $40k and have just as much fun for 40 less. (I still love the Magic Deck but happier with the forty k in real estate....) I will someday spend too much for the next boat but NO ONE can argue the value of dollars saved on a Cheetah, but hey, I got no class! :D AND no status! :idea:

liquidasset
07-13-2005, 12:22 PM
This thread just turned ugly. :D :D :lightsabe
I don't understand why everyone has something negative to say about Commander . There are alot of happy Commander owners on the water all you have to do is look on the Lake any given weekend . I like alot of boats,and dislike some . I happen to own a new Commander and I love my boat ........ I'm not new to this rodeo. I looked at everything ,and have owned one of the boats mentioned in the threads. I truly like my Commander alot more .
Like Keith from Conquest said alot of Co. build nice boats ,you just have to figure out which one best suits your needs.

2Driver
07-13-2005, 01:47 PM
I don't understand why everyone has something negative to say about Commander . There are alot of happy Commander owners on the water all you have to do is look on the Lake any given weekend . I like alot of boats,and dislike some . I happen to own a new Commander and I love my boat ........ I'm not new to this rodeo. I looked at everything ,and have owned one of the boats mentioned in the threads. I truly like my Commander alot more .
Like Keith from Conquest said alot of Co. build nice boats ,you just have to figure out which one best suits your needs.
From what I,ve seen, read and talked to peple about they are working very hard to overcome a real bad reputation from years past... still haunting them in some circles.
I almost bought a used one a few weeks back in Sanger CA but decided against it merley on the old reputation (thinking resale value only). Powerboat had ok things to say and only a few pointers for the owner. But hey, I am just as smart as the last guy I talked to. :D :D

nodigg
07-13-2005, 01:53 PM
I have nothing negative to say about Commander, I just don't want one....yet

Partycattin
07-13-2005, 09:31 PM
We went from a 20 foot cheetah open bow, basically because Havasu was getting to rough on it and with the family growing we were running out of room.
The 22 Party Cat handles the chop well. We had my son on it when he was 3 weeks old, took it slow but he slept the whole time. I would never have considered that in my 20 footer.