PDA

View Full Version : Delta, Sac River or Lake Sonoma

NorCalCat
06-28-2004, 01:46 PM
Anyone hitting the Delta, Sacramento River or Lake Sonoma this weekend?
If so, where? Beaches?

jackpunx
06-28-2004, 01:48 PM
I was going to .. but didnt want to try a new spot on a big weekend.. I'll be up there in the next couple of months.. I hear its a bit narrow up there

NorCalCat
06-28-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by jackpunx
I was going to .. but didnt want to try a new spot on a big weekend.. I'll be up there in the next couple of months.. I hear its a bit narrow up there
Totaly depends on the area you are in. over 1000 miles of waterway, you can surely finde some wide open areas. Franks Tract, Sacramento arm...Let me know if you are coming up and we can meet up for a few cold ones.

Ms. AquaBoogie1
06-28-2004, 04:16 PM
We will be at New Hogan this weekend! Should be pretty fun!!!:D

MOBrien
06-28-2004, 08:37 PM
Gonna kill two birds this weekend.......
Sac River around Discovery Park/Chevy's/Rio City all day Saturday....kid-less.
Hogan or maybe Comanche on Sunday with kids-in-tow.
Who's gonna be where and driving what?
We're in a 2000 24' Cheetah, all white w/ purple & orange scratch graphics running to the back. Would love to hook up for some coldies if anyone's gonna be around those parts.
-MOB:p

Ms. AquaBoogie1
06-29-2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by MOBrien
We're in a 2000 24' Cheetah, all white w/ purple & orange scratch graphics running to the back. Would love to hook up for some coldies if anyone's gonna be around those parts.
We will be at New Hogan from Sat till Monday. We will be in a 18' Marlin, brown and tan. We would love to share a cold one!!:D

NorCalCat
06-29-2004, 08:34 AM
We are going to hit up Dicovery Park or Discovery Bay on Saturday, Sunday still trying to decide. Maybe Lake Sonoma. We will have the kids so we need to find a beach. Maybe down river from Disco Park.
Keep an eye out for us!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=44345&password=&sort=7&thecat=500
Any ideas for a beach area?

jackpunx
06-29-2004, 08:39 AM
Im coming to check it out in the next month or two.. will get in touch w you for a tour:D

Ms. AquaBoogie1
06-29-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by NorCalCat
We are going to hit up Dicovery Park or Discovery Bay on Saturday, Sunday still trying to decide. Maybe Lake Sonoma. We will have the kids so we need to find a beach. Maybe down river from Disco Park.
Keep an eye out for us!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=44345&password=&sort=7&thecat=500
Any ideas for a beach area?
Hey NorCal, where are you guys from?

NorCalCat
06-29-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Ms. AquaBoogie1
Hey NorCal, where are you guys from?
Marin County, & you? I think I have seen the Mr. at Lost Isles before...

Aqua Boogie1
06-29-2004, 09:35 AM
Nor-Cal.....you probley have. Im usually there on holiday weekends. Were from Walnut Creek.......a block from downtown.

NorCalCat
06-29-2004, 10:22 AM
Any suggestions for a beach in the area. NOT the beach at Disco Park, too crazy on the holiday weekend with little kids.

RACER52
06-29-2004, 10:53 AM
We will be at Lake Mc. Clure this weekend. Not too far of a drive.
1.5 hrs towing from Stockton. Will have ahouse boat for peeps to tie off if needed.
Will have the Rayson craft and ski boat up there.
Racer

MOBrien
06-29-2004, 04:30 PM
NorCal-
There is a hidden stretch of beach down river from Old Sac. I think it's only accessible by boat and has room for about 6 boats to beach up to. If you're movin, you will pass it because it's on the left as you hook a left hand sweeper....through the S's if I remember correctly. We saw it on Father's day. There's also another area ("Garcia Bend"...Pocket Rd & I-5 offramp) that is about 20 mins. down river from Old Sac...it'll be on your left as well if you're heading down and there is a small (free) boat ramp there too. If the water is low, it's a one laner. If it's up, two depending on the boat sizes...it's got a small 40' courtesy dock protecting the launch lane from boat wakes....simple launch & recovery area that doesn't get too crowded & produce waiting to enter or exit. If you're near Sacto on Saturday, look for us. We'll keep an eye out for you too...tough to miss that bad-boy---nice ride ya got thur!
Here's ours...

Ms. AquaBoogie1
06-29-2004, 05:09 PM
Hope to see some of you there at New Hogan, this is our boat....http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/600boat-thumb.jpg

NorCalCat
06-30-2004, 09:24 AM
NorCal-
There is a hidden stretch of beach down river from Old Sac. I think it's only accessible by boat and has room for about 6 boats to beach up to. If you're movin, you will pass it because it's on the left as you hook a left hand sweeper....through the S's if I remember correctly. We saw it on Father's day. There's also another area ("Garcia Bend"...Pocket Rd & I-5 offramp) that is about 20 mins. down river from Old Sac...it'll be on your left as well if you're heading down and there is a small (free) boat ramp there too. If the water is low, it's a one laner. If it's up, two depending on the boat sizes...it's got a small 40' courtesy dock protecting the launch lane from boat wakes....simple launch & recovery area that doesn't get too crowded & produce waiting to enter or exit. If you're near Sacto on Saturday, look for us. We'll keep an eye out for you too...tough to miss that bad-boy---nice ride ya got thur!
Here's ours...
Not sure where we are going. I'd like to hit the area you mentioned, however, we will launch about 10:00 and with the crowd the beaches will be taken.
If we do make it up there, I'll keep an eye out for you. Is that a cat you are running? Great looking boat!

Dave C
06-30-2004, 12:50 PM
I need to meet up with some of you Norcal guys/gals.....
maybe the next ***boat dealio at Berryessa or Delta?!?.
BTW I need a guide for the Delta! I don't know where the F*cuk I'm going on the Delta.;)
My friends found a very nice launch ramp in Stockton on the San Joaquin. Big, lots of parking, etc. (forgot name but its off March Lane.)

Aqua Boogie1
06-30-2004, 12:55 PM
You can go into any marina store and purchase a map of the Cal delta thats on the delta. It lists just about every place on there. :)

Her454
06-30-2004, 01:02 PM
MsAquaBoogie..........If ya see a Party Boat with MotherLode***boats painted on it (Yellow and Purples) stop us and say hi! We'll prob be out there Saturday, I'll be looking for your boat! :)

NorCalCat
06-30-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Dave C
I need to meet up with some of you Norcal guys/gals.....
maybe the next ***boat dealio at Berryessa or Delta?!?.
BTW I need a guide for the Delta! I don't know where the F*cuk I'm going on the Delta.;)
My friends found a very nice launch ramp in Stockton on the San Joaquin. Big, lots of parking, etc. (forgot name but its off March Lane.)
Ya, you can get a map at any marina on the Delta. I highly recomend it. It is way too easy to get lost up there. The key is the Red and Green markers in the channels.
I will be heading up to Berryessa the following weekend. Let me know if anyone is going to be there.

Aqua Boogie1
06-30-2004, 01:39 PM
Her454..............We will be up sometime after 2pm Sat. So we will be looking 4 that houseboat....:D

NorCalCat
06-30-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Aqua Boogie1
Her454..............We will be up sometime after 2pm Sat. So we will be looking 4 that houseboat....:D
We will be camping at Pleasure Cove. Look for us.

Her454
06-30-2004, 01:52 PM
We will be camping at Pleasure Cove. Look for us.
Pleasure Cove? At Hogan? Ok been on that lake all my life....educate me as to Pleasure Cove...its not a local term....? :)

Aqua Boogie1
06-30-2004, 01:55 PM
Yeah me too..........Pleasure Cove:confused:.....isn't that berryessa???

NorCalCat
06-30-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Her454
Pleasure Cove? At Hogan? Ok been on that lake all my life....educate me as to Pleasure Cove...its not a local term....? :)
No, Lake Berryessa.
I wonder how it got it's name?

NorCalCat
06-30-2004, 01:59 PM
Not sure where the disconnect was. Sorry all.

MOBrien
06-30-2004, 02:04 PM
NorCal,
Thanks for the compliment. Not a cat, she's a 24' Cheetah tunnel. Drives like a cat, that's why I love it!
OK, here's our plan. We'll be up and down between Garcia Bend and Discovery Park in Old Sac all day Saturday. Sunday looks like either Hogan or Folsom which is yet to be determined.
Anyone gonna be on teh Sac River near Old Town????

Aqua Boogie1
06-30-2004, 02:17 PM
Well from what I've read.......hardcore-ski will be on the sac river and Me and her454 will be at new hogan.

Her454
06-30-2004, 02:30 PM
No problem...I was wondering what the hell? I've missed out on Pleasure Cove all these years? :) So far I know of Whiskey Creek, Coors Cove and the Cliffs....................;)
Hope to see ya there AquaBoogies..................the HardCoreSki's are SO fun to party with but I guess they are too good for Hogan. :D :cool:

Oldsquirt
06-30-2004, 03:10 PM
No, Lake Berryessa.
I wonder how it got it's name?
Not sure how it got that name, but up until the early to mid-nineties it was called "Southshore". I think the name changed when the resort changed hands.

RACER52
06-30-2004, 03:42 PM
if anyone ever needs a guide for the delta I'm your man. Been on the delta my whole life. Can lead with the ski boat for the slow folks or with my new racer and have a ball.
Racer

NorCalCat
06-30-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by RACER52
if anyone ever needs a guide for the delta I'm your man. Been on the delta my whole life. Can lead with the ski boat for the slow folks or with my new racer and have a ball.
Racer
Lets do it after the holiday! Lets get a group and go rip it up on the Delta. I'll follow you.

MOBrien
06-30-2004, 04:19 PM
NorCal.....that'd be a lot of fun let's do that. I'm in Elk Grove and can be on the river in a heartbeat!
Can anyone tell me what boat HardCoreSki has & what it looks like? We'll keep an eye out for 'em on the Sac River Saturday.

Dave C
06-30-2004, 05:53 PM
If you guys hook up in the future, post it up here. I will try to make it.
I will be at Berryessa this Friday only.
If anyone makes, see you there.

MOBrien
06-30-2004, 09:32 PM
DC,
You frequest Berryessa? Looks like we'll be out there the 2nd weekend of Aug with two of our neighbors. One's got a 21 Tige, the other a 21 Malibu I think...then there's us in the Cheeter. You gonna be out there that weekend? We'll be throwin a few back for sure!
-MOB

Aqua Boogie1
07-01-2004, 07:40 AM
Hey MOB............Heres hardcore-skis boat......
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/637malibu3-med.jpg

Dave C
07-01-2004, 07:52 AM
Yes, Probably. I'm off that week. I need to get off my ass and make a reservation.
Meet you at the bridge!
DC,
You frequest Berryessa? Looks like we'll be out there the 2nd weekend of Aug with two of our neighbors. One's got a 21 Tige, the other a 21 Malibu I think...then there's us in the Cheeter. You gonna be out there that weekend? We'll be throwin a few back for sure!
-MOB

RACER52
07-01-2004, 09:06 AM
SOUNDS GOOD. after the holiday weekends we'll have to hook up.
We'll make a new post and get an idea what will work for everyone or anyone interested.
Racer

Ms. AquaBoogie1
07-01-2004, 11:16 AM
No problem...I was wondering what the hell? I've missed out on Pleasure Cove all these years? :) So far I know of Whiskey Creek, Coors Cove and the Cliffs....................;)
Hope to see ya there AquaBoogies..................the HardCoreSki's are SO fun to party with but I guess they are too good for Hogan. :D :cool:
Her454......do you know if they are going to have fireworks, or was that last weekend?:confused:

Pointerman
07-01-2004, 11:36 AM
My boat is in the shop right now (trying to track down a gas leak), so I hope you all have fun on the 4th. Please post any future fun runs on the Delta. It is the only place I boat. Keep your eyes open for a red 20' Baja Outlaw. That will be me. Can't hang with you Cat guys, but my insurance is cheaper. :D

MOBrien
07-01-2004, 08:38 PM
Dave C-
Never been to Berryessa, but our neighbors have a place up there so they'll know where the bridge is...'cause I have no friggin idea. I'll look out for your ride that 2nd weekend in Aug.
Racer52-
Dude, I can't keep up with the monster I hear you have.:cry:
But I'd definitely be in for a fun run on the Delta. End of July...1st weekend in Aug maybe?
AB1-
Thanks for puttin up that pic. I'll keep watch for that Malibu. Also, looks like we're gonna try gettin our crew out to Hogan on Sunday. Any advice on when we need to get to day-use before it's totally packed....or will that matter bein that it's the 4th? I'm not a Hogan regular so have no idea what to expect on Sunday out there.
Later all,
MOB

Aqua Boogie1
07-02-2004, 07:59 AM
Mob......I don't visit there much but I would just arrive early just to be on the safe side.

Her454
07-02-2004, 08:14 AM
Her454......do you know if they are going to have fireworks, or was that last weekend?:confused:
MsAquaBoogie, Fireworks were last weekend on the lake.
AB1-
Also, looks like we're gonna try gettin our crew out to Hogan on Sunday. Any advice on when we need to get to day-use before it's totally packed....or will that matter bein that it's the 4th? I'm not a Hogan regular so have no idea what to expect on Sunday out there.
Later all,
MOB
MOB- Last weekend were the fireworks and the place was turning boats away by 1pm. Traditionally the 4th weekend is packed and last year the ramps were full by 2 on Sunday and it was a madhouse. I'd really get there early if you want a spot to park or be able to launch. :)

RACER52
07-02-2004, 08:25 AM
MOBRIEN= no worries, my favorite cruising speed id 45-55 mph.
Its all about enjoying the day. Somedays can be faster than others though,hehehehe
Racer

Ms. AquaBoogie1
07-02-2004, 09:27 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Her454
[B]MsAquaBoogie, Fireworks were last weekend on the lake.
Damn, so no fireworks at all??? That sucks:mad:

Her454
07-02-2004, 09:50 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Her454
[B]MsAquaBoogie, Fireworks were last weekend on the lake.
Damn, so no fireworks at all??? That sucks:mad:
Lake Hogan always does it the Saturday prior to the 4th for 2 reasons..
1. Expense. Its cheaper to have the FireDept on standby that weekend rather than the 4th, and cheaper for the pyrotechnics guys to be there then also.
2. Calaveras County is a small county and all the monies for the fireworks are raised or donated.
:):):)

HCS
07-02-2004, 09:54 AM
I'll be at Verona on the Sacramento river. I'll be the guy in the
trailer parking putting my new bunks on my trailer.
My wife kid and freinds will be out boating.

Ms. AquaBoogie1
07-02-2004, 12:16 PM
Lake Hogan always does it the Saturday prior to the 4th for 2 reasons..
1. Expense. Its cheaper to have the FireDept on standby that weekend rather than the 4th, and cheaper for the pyrotechnics guys to be there then also.
2. Calaveras County is a small county and all the monies for the fireworks are raised or donated.
:):):)
I see;) Makes sense, just sucks that we won't get to see any color in the sky this year! We'll be looking for ya!!:D

Ms. AquaBoogie1
07-02-2004, 02:05 PM
Is everyone staying for the weekend? We will be at Acorn East, that's all they had left...

Her454
07-02-2004, 02:37 PM
Is everyone staying for the weekend? We will be at Acorn East, that's all they had left...
We'll just be there for the day............stayed last weekend and I'm "camped out" for awhile...............:D

SMFRiverRat
07-02-2004, 03:30 PM
The launch ramp is closed at Garcia Bend From Friday at 11:00 till the 5th.