PDA

View Full Version : Sixdisk player issue.

Mandelon
06-29-2004, 01:00 PM
The sony six disk changer does not want to open. After I press the "open" button I can hear it click and whir, but it does not pop open any more.
Any ideas before I get out the screwdriver and a hammer??? :eek:

riverbound
06-29-2004, 01:08 PM
Does it still play?

ROZ
06-29-2004, 01:25 PM
It's posible that the disc/tray is stuck in the rollers. Usually happens after a lot of use. the rollers become a little slick and don't work too well if the disc/tray get a little stuck. Open it to see what's holding it up... :D

Mandelon
06-29-2004, 01:42 PM
You mean take the cover off? Are there little phillips head screws holding the cover on or what?
We ran in some pretty rough stuff on the water Saturday.

OutCole'd
06-29-2004, 01:56 PM
Just take the hammer to it already.

riverbound
06-29-2004, 02:11 PM
Does it still play and change discs? If so it might just be jammed. With the older SOny changers you could pop the cartridge out using a screwdriver and lightly prying it out. Then reload the cartridge and see if it still has the same problem. We use to have a lot of Sony changer that came in with this problem and usually they would work again after doing this. Good luck.
Bill

Mandelon
06-30-2004, 08:41 AM
I don't think it was playing disks.......but I am pretty sure it was getting power....

ROZ
06-30-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Mandelon
You mean take the cover off? Are there little phillips head screws holding the cover on or what?
We ran in some pretty rough stuff on the water Saturday.
Yes, there should be 4 -6 of them on the back. Also, the front sliding door will unclip. There shouldn't be a screw there, but you may want to checl to make sure. Once the case is unscrewed, the top and bottom should seperate pretty easily. The front plastic facia clips to the metal, so becareful when pulling it apart. It's really easy.... If it breaks,well, atleast you can get your discs out to play in your new model :D

77charger
06-30-2004, 03:26 PM
you might have to reset it.Does the head unit have a reset button(they are very small kinda like a recessed watch button)Push that see what happens.I have a sony and eveytime i turn the batts off i usually have to rest the sysytem.Mine wont eject or play

Mandelon
06-30-2004, 08:46 PM
Where would it be located?

77charger
06-30-2004, 09:23 PM
I have a sony head unit 630 model It has one on the face and under the face(if detachable head unit)Mine is a fold down face.If it is another brand besides sony i dont know but if a detach face(sony) look on the main part of the radio(not the face part)But it could have one on the face too