PDA

View Full Version : Jet Hydro

cal***boat
06-29-2004, 04:51 PM
Hey Steve, Did you ever find the boat on the bottom of the lake yet ?

Jet Hydro
06-29-2004, 04:56 PM
Not yet...It keep`s raining on us...errrrrrrrr

HBjet
06-29-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Jet Hydro
Not yet...It keep`s raining on us...errrrrrrrr
as the boat gets deeper and deeper (from the rain:D )
Good Luck!
HBjet

Jet Hydro
06-29-2004, 08:25 PM
That's no joke HBjet, I`d bet it`s now 5ft deeper.

Windy
06-29-2004, 08:43 PM
Slowy...what the heck happened to your boat?

Jet Hydro
06-29-2004, 08:48 PM
Deep 6ed one about 3weeks a go:eek: We`ll find it...I hope:( It`s only 9,500 acers of water :eek:

Windy
06-29-2004, 09:18 PM
Bummer...but at least your ok.

Jet Hydro
06-30-2004, 02:31 PM
More rain today :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/208P1020409-med.JPG

1Bahnerjet
06-30-2004, 04:25 PM
a question, at what point has the Boat been down too long (not worth looking for ?)
or does it matter 5mins. or 5yrs the damage is the same ?

Jet Hydro
06-30-2004, 04:57 PM
Everything will still be good even after 2 or 3 months. The motor will need a new block but that`s about it.
Now if it was salt water just forget about it and buy another boat.
We will still look even if it takes us a year. We will find this boat and put it back on the trailer one way or the other.
it`s not that big of an area, We just don't know what we are doing but we`v learned a lot. By the time we find it, we will be pro`s :D

Oldsquirt
06-30-2004, 05:10 PM
Steve, have you considered asking around to see if any local pilots might be willing to take you out over the area? Might be a lot easier to spot an underwater object from the air.

Jet Hydro
06-30-2004, 05:29 PM
They said that the water was to dirty. It`s in about 32ft and you`d never see it. We had some guy`s that claimed to be pro`s helping out but I`m thinking they are far from pro`s. I`m still thinking that you cant find it with sonar from a fish finder but they claim you can ... Who know`s :rolleyes: I`v seen some strange stuff show up on the sonar but so far not a fiberglass boat

cyclone
06-30-2004, 05:46 PM
I must've missed the story. How did the boat sink? tell me it wasn't the race boat. :frown:

1Bahnerjet
06-30-2004, 05:55 PM
Hey, you don't think someone already "Found" it ?
& hauled it off somewhere ?
and what about that "Law" where after something is lost (at Sea) whoever finds it, keeps it ?
well, I hope you find your Boat as you are the Rightfull owner.

HBjet
06-30-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Jet Hydro
The motor will need a new block but that`s about it.
Really, why? Couldn't you just clean that one, or would the corrosion be that bad?
HBjet

Jet Hydro
06-30-2004, 08:49 PM
HBjet I think that the rust would be to deep after a few months??? I`ll let you know when we find it. It`s been about 3 weeks so far. This one was already bored to the max before it sank.

Jet Hydro
06-30-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by 1Bahnerjet
Hey, you don't think someone already "Found" it ?
& hauled it off somewhere ?
and what about that "Law" where after something is lost (at Sea) whoever finds it, keeps it ?
well, I hope you find your Boat as you are the Rightfull owner.
No, No one has found it yet...We have people looking out for that. From what we understand "as long as there is an active search going on,it cant be claimed". Everyone that goes to this lake knows who we are and it would be real hard to be able to pull something like that off. We hope????

Jet Hydro
06-30-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by cyclone
I must've missed the story. How did the boat sink? tell me it wasn't the race boat. :frown:
No it wasn't the race boat... Thank God!
It was an 18ft California performance Jet Boat. Pretty nice boat too.
Don't know why as of yet. One of 2 things happened, The Bottom ripped open or the hand hole cover or something on the jet drive broke. It sank in about 5sec.
It was running a nice straight line then all the sudden it turned and sank. Poof Gone! No one had time to look at where they were, it was grab something that is floating and wait for help. That`s why we cant find it, Not one person can remember where they were because it happened so fast. :(

TRG
06-30-2004, 09:26 PM
shit!:confused:
wish you the best of luck trying to find it!

berk
06-30-2004, 09:32 PM
poor little boat! down in daveys locker. hey dont worry i read a story about a guy who restored a boat that the cops found at the bottom of tahoe. it was down there 40 years. the motor was still shiny on the inside and he said i t could have run, but he didnt try. he did restore the block though and had 100% origionality.

Jet Hydro
07-01-2004, 03:18 PM
It`s raining again.....errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

1 fast okie
07-01-2004, 04:55 PM
just for what its worth i know afew that have gone down and they stand sraight up. pump in the dirt and bow to the sky so look for that peek on your sonar it shows up.

UBFJ #454
07-02-2004, 05:50 AM
1 fast okie - Your quite right ... It's very likely that the boat is on, or very near the bottom with the bow in a mostly upward position ... Air trapped in the bow.

Aluminum Squirt
07-03-2004, 12:13 AM
I don't think you'll have to replace the block. I'm no chemist but I remember watching the History channel about a war plane that went down in fresh water many years ago. On the dive to find it everything was in nearly perfect shape. I guess the fresh water doesn't give up oxygen very well so you get basically no corrosion. If its salt water, obviosly the oxygen part of H2O kicks free and causes the corrosion. Again I'm no chemist but I think that's what I remember. Anybody? Good luck finding it-Aluminum Squirt

BigBoyToys
07-03-2004, 08:16 AM
I know of a CP Gull Wing that sunk after hitting something (FLoating log?) and sat at the bottom of a lake for 7 years. Guy pulled it out after the water level was way down 1 year, pulled the motor and pump, refreshed the motor a bit and it fired right up. The pump was another story. It was seized up and remains seized to this day. I have examined the hull, thinking about buying it, but the fiberglass was all blistered all the way around on the boat and a few new holes are in the boat from erosion(?) and the stringers are toast (Rotted).
Anyway, I think you'll find that the motor will be ok. Maybe have to replace the rings and hone the cylinders but it will probably clean up nice.
Good Luck finding the Boat. If I were you, with all the time you've spent already trying to locate it (Time is $$), I'd probably be seriously considering calling Acceptance right now and paying for him to fly/drive out there and find/retrieve that boat before there's more structural damage to the hull from rot. Not sure what he charges, but I know what it costs to replace stringers, floor, etc etc.:rolleyes:

TRG
07-03-2004, 10:07 PM
if its any help, by rogers sat unde the "pea soup" out at elsinore for roughly 2 1/2 weeks before they pulled it out, i went through it and replaced every bit of wood but the stringers, oddly enough, i am having to reglass them as we speak! lol
keep your head up jet! you'll get her back!
todd
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/662myboat-med.JPG

TRG
07-03-2004, 10:08 PM
to whom it may concern...was sunk by the previous owner! lol

cave
07-04-2004, 04:08 AM
I payed 2800 up front and the guys here never got wet. The second group who are safty divers for NHBA here in Phoenix actually dived in the water searching for it. we searched for a JAWS like shape in criss crossing grids.
Mine was swamped in the middle of the lake and there are trees at the bottom. the total I spent was over 9 grand. I only regret paying the first guys upfront.
I would also suggest a wide band sonar fish finder.
A Humming Bird Wide 3-D Paramount is what the second group used. We found a bus a helicopter and a couple of other boats with that one. Depending on your altitude and the depth of where that boat went down the divers may be limited on their dive time.
The divers had 15 minutes total of underwater time on every dive. It took 5 minutes down with a heavy weight and 5 minutes up so that gave them only 5 minutes of search time.
This is dangerous work. The nearest pressurized lung to Mesa is in San Diego. (For the bends)
Dont Give Up.
I ran out of money. forgot to water that dam tree.
good luck.

TRG
07-06-2004, 04:10 PM
thatz funny!
what color was the boat rio?