PDA

View Full Version : WIX Oil Filter Question?

Hallett19
06-29-2004, 06:54 PM
I got the Wix RACING oil filter for my BBF, 51515R is the part number. It has an anti drain back and pressure relief valve set at I believe 7-11 psi. What does this mean ? and why the hell does it say "Caution-not for street use" on it and the box says it voids all warranties and it covers no damage caused by the filter and on and on and on (terrible things). And on the other hand, the regular wix filters have none of those warnings on them. On the up side of this whole deal, I did get a wix racing sticker out of it :cool: GIT R DONE

78Eliminator
06-29-2004, 08:21 PM
You better have your shit running Aaron!!! My boat might not be.

Jrocket
06-29-2004, 08:27 PM
I run the Wix racing filter on my HP500 with no problems.

Hotcrusader76
06-29-2004, 09:45 PM
Mornin' Sir...:D
Git-R-Done:D:D:D

fourspeednup
06-29-2004, 11:16 PM
I'd bet it just hasn't been subjected to the same tests as normal filters for street use so it's not actually approved for highway vehicles-----or something along those lines, sorry it's late and my powers of explanation are no longer in the building:rolleyes:

Hallett19
06-30-2004, 10:07 AM
4spd, so far so good, let me know when the powers come back. I need to know about that drain back and relief valve in hopes of not breaking anything. I dont think the factory replacment filters have any of that stuff on it. And dont worry Justin, I should be in full working order by the weekend, in fact, I think I just need to get my 4 ch amp wiring dealt with and I should be river ready.

HighRoller
07-02-2004, 03:58 PM
Don't worry about the WIX racing filters, they are basically the same as the street filter but have twice as much filter element.(Or used to) The reason I know this is because when I managed an auto parts store long ago we had a WIX rep who showed us cut open filters from all brands. Fram is a joke, if you look at element size. WIX has twice as much paper in it and the racing one is stuffed full. We all had hi-po rides and everyone I knew started using the racing filter after that. Never had a problem with the filters, and I think WIX makes a great product. Now stop worrying and get to the lake. That's an order:D