PDA

View Full Version : "catching My Little Friend"

SLAPPING_GLASS
06-29-2004, 07:04 PM
Sorry to hear about what happen toyour family hope all is well.
Now has anybody tried getting a hold of Caliber 1 I believe thats what boat you said it was anyways maybe the boat is fairly new and they had the name of the boat applied when it was gelled.
Also i think i read that someone said they saw it on the freeway behind an Excursion where about was that maybe getting a hold of some of the more popular companies in the surrounding area that do air brushing or graphics and hit them up. Oh well just a thought.
Take care all

Krazy K
06-29-2004, 08:41 PM
Caliber 1 went out of business about 8-9 years ago. I was going to buy a used boat from him when he disappeared.

RiverDave
06-29-2004, 08:49 PM
Caliber 1 was called this morning.. They don't recall the name being on one of there boats, and it was said that it was a name they'd remember. Odds are hte guy had it painted on afterwards.
I didn't read anywhere that someone saw it on a freeway? The boat was spotted in Katherines Landing for sure. (weekend before last) and was spotted heading North from the sand bar in that direction after the "incident."
RD

MudPumper
06-29-2004, 08:49 PM
Caliber 1 has already been contacted. No luck.

MudPumper
06-29-2004, 08:50 PM
RD, somebody did post they saw it on the road behind a Blue Excursion I believe. And I think he meant where Caliber was located off the 91.

Ntwotrance
06-29-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Caliber 1 was called this morning.. They don't recall the name being on one of there boats, and it was said that it was a name they'd remember. Odds are hte guy had it painted on afterwards.
I didn't read anywhere that someone saw it on a freeway? The boat was spotted in Katherines Landing for sure. (weekend before last) and was spotted heading North from the sand bar in that direction after the "incident."
RD
that would be me Dave, i saw it a few months back, it was being towed by a blue Excursion. we saw it pass (looked like a sausage party inside) pointed it out to the mrs after we saw the name on the back. asked my son yesterday if he remembered it, he did, asked him if he recalled anything else, and he said there was white paint on the back window (like soccer moms do for their kids teams) and it said "lake mead or bust" and something else but he couldnt' remember....it bugged the crap out of me trying to remember where I saw it, like I told you, then it hit me. i went through our photos of that trip, but couldn't find the boat in any of the pics...

Ntwotrance
06-29-2004, 09:02 PM
bump

RiverDave
06-29-2004, 09:03 PM
Jesus this guy gets around more then the magic boat! Mead, Mojave, Havasu etc.. I'm almost possitive I've seen the boat as well so probably Parker as well.
Just confirms it's only a matter of time before someone catches up with this guy. At a minimum takes a picture of the #'s.
RD

MudPumper
06-29-2004, 09:05 PM
If nobody spots him this weekend it can't take more than one or two more weekends until somebody sees him. Sound like he gets out frequently

76BARRON
06-29-2004, 09:22 PM
If I see anything ,will forward all info FREE of charge!
and will spread the word as well!!!
go get'm!

SLAPPING_GLASS
06-29-2004, 10:48 PM
SOUNDS LIKE IT IS TIME TO CALL SOME AIR BRUSH AND GRAPHIC COMPANIES MAYBE THEY CAN HELP.MY BUDDY HAS HIS OWN GRAPHIC COMPANY ILL BE IN TOUCH WITH HIM TOMORROW AND HAVE HIM ASK AROUND ALSO.
ILL BE IN MOJAVE JULY-7 TIL THE 10TH

Rexone
06-29-2004, 11:01 PM
My fear is that these guys will get wind of this and that name will be gone off the boat faster than jetboatguru scarfing a krispy kreme. You guys aren't running what I'd call a covert operation here by any stretch.

Krazy K
06-29-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by riodog
Kazy K, Caliber 1 is still open for business ! Maple St at the 91 freeway in Corona.
Update your records!
Rio
Ps. if no one has gotten an answer from him (Cliff) speak up and we'll see what we can find out.
Is it the same guy from before?? I've been up here for 6 years and haven't seen any info about it. I'll look into it.
Thanks,
Keith

checkster
06-29-2004, 11:04 PM
The little weewees are probably hold up in some shop scrapin' paint like scared pussies right now!!!!!!

RiverDave
06-29-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Rexone
My fear is that these guys will get wind of this and that name will be gone off the boat faster than jetboatguru scarfing a krispy kreme. You guys aren't running what I'd call a covert operation here by any stretch.
Double edged sword RexOne..
Gotta get the word out to get a pic of the #'s which takes publicity.
Odds are your right they'll probably find out that 1/2 the world is looking for them soon enough.. It'll catch up with them one way or another.. Or at a minimum maybe we'll get lucky and they'll decide to boat somewhere else and not goto the sandbar anymore and then in effect the problem is solved on some level and we made the sandbar a better place? As well perhaps think twice about beating up kids and girls?
RD

KACHINA KEN
06-30-2004, 12:13 AM
Not suggesting anything really but.... did you know that cordless jigsaws and drills work underwater:idea2:
Dont ask me how i know, if I told ya I would have too, well you know........
Kenny

Petrofied
06-30-2004, 12:24 AM
Yea! 2'' hole saw so there's time for the get-away, ya know up front so the false floor has to fill first. Every time they stop...... blooooop. All they would know is the bilge would keep filling up. Serves-em right.....( Revenge is a plate best served cold ) water temp will do.
MR.P.

KACHINA KEN
06-30-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Petrofied
Yea! 2'' hole saw so there's time for the get-away, ya know up front so the false floor has to fill first. Every time they stop...... blooooop. All they would know is the bilge would keep filling up. Serves-em right.....( Revenge is a plate best served cold ) water temp will do.
MR.P.
ummmmm, i wasn't suggesting that ... or was I??????

Kilrtoy
06-30-2004, 03:45 AM
What makes everyone think that these persons frequent the boards?
Like they are changing the name of their boat as we speak!
This lynch mob mentality needs to cease.
I agree with helping the party involved as much as possible,
but the furtherance of this type of thought pattern is only going to lead to ruin........
People step back an breathe.

Huckleberry
06-30-2004, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by riodog
Also, if we had a "cooperative LE professional" on the boards, do a DMV search for the boat name and something just might pop up !
CA DMV records do not record boat names. Only CF and Hull ID #'s.

sandblasted
06-30-2004, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by checkster
The little weewees are probably hold up in some shop scrapin' paint like scared pussies right now!!!!!!
I doubt it...This hulk guy probably thinks he's invincible because he's huge...Guys like that are way too cocky...until someone kicks the crap out of them!
Another thing, as much time as we spend on these boards it may be hard for some of you to believe but there are literally thousands of people that frequent the river/havasu and never look at Hot Boat or it's website...these guys will show up again and probably have no idea that hundreds of people are on the lookout for their boat!!

SILVERWING
06-30-2004, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by sandblasted
I doubt it...This hulk guy probably thinks he's invincible because he's huge...Guys like that are way too cocky...until someone kicks the crap out of them!
Another thing, as much time as we spend on these boards it may be hard for some of you to believe but there are literally thousands of people that frequent the river/havasu and never look at Hot Boat or it's website...these guys will show up again and probably have no idea that hundreds of people are on the lookout for their boat!!
FIND THEM, TALKED TO THEM AND IF THAT DON'T WORK. SINK THE BOAT. PROBLEM SOLVED NO WAY TO GET BACK TO THE SANDBAR

spute
06-30-2004, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Krazy K
Caliber 1 went out of business about 8-9 years ago. I was going to buy a used boat from him when he disappeared.
i was just in their facility about 4 months ago! it's in Corona.

duffster
06-30-2004, 08:06 AM
Someone needs to post a hotline number to report sightings.

jackpunx
06-30-2004, 08:28 AM
I made this point a while back.. All we can do now is try to act quickly.;)

dego red
06-30-2004, 08:39 AM
Even if these clowns remove the lettering, if it has been on the boat for a long tome in your hot sun down there, the faded out line will still be there. Just something else to look for. Good luck. red

slink
06-30-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
What makes everyone think that these persons frequent the boards?
Like they are changing the name of their boat as we speak!
This lynch mob mentality needs to cease.
I agree with helping the party involved as much as possible,
but the furtherance of this type of thought pattern is only going to lead to ruin........
People step back an breathe. Kinda reminds me of the old witch hunt days. I just hope nobody over steps the boundaries and gets themselves into trouble. Better be 100% sure and "feel" threatened by these guys before jumpin in. I would hate for some civil attorney representing these guys (against one or more HB'ers) to get wind of the 25 or so pages of text on this subject (easily discoverable through a subpoena, even if it gets deleted) and present it to a jury of non-boaters, who don't have a clue about the lifestyle. All they will see are countless pages of "lets kill these FOCKERS" all the while your hard earned money is going down the toilet........... JUST BE CAREFUL ALL

78Eliminator
06-30-2004, 09:02 AM
Hey guys, before you call the mafia to do a hit, make sure that the boat was not loaned out that weekend or borrowed. The real owner might have nothing to do with it.....
****Just making sure that justice is set upon the right group.

GASHGAZER
06-30-2004, 09:08 AM
I posted this yesterday on the original thread and think that if anyone has legal power they should act upon it...
"I havn't read through the whole post, but read enough to be pissed as all hell!! Anyway, I was thinking about it and maybe no one got CF/AZ numbers because it didn't have any. The boat may be Coast Guard Documented. I tried going to the site and look it up, but the link is down due to their overload. Here is the site http://www.uscg.mil/hq/g-m/vdoc/genpub.htm
My boat is documented, so there are no numbers on it, and maybe this friggin jackhole has the same situation... maybe the cops can have some pull and get a search done ASAP... food for thought, hope it helps."

carbonmarine
06-30-2004, 09:21 AM
Is a 21 ft Caiber 1 for gods sake... its a 10-20K piece of fibre cake.
People that document boats do so for tax purposes, liability
and such ..... These guys probly dont know how to tie their
shoes much less be at all finnancialy savy or figure that they
have much to lose which is why they hit a woman.
USCG or Federally Documenting a vessel is definitloy NOT in their heads .... It's 110% a CA or AZ registered boat.
Rick32 :cool:

GASHGAZER
06-30-2004, 09:28 AM
just had to throw it out there... I wanna catch these fugnuts as bad as the next guy.... BTW what is the concensus if any of us see these aholes over this weekend?? Are we just ramming them or is there a way can call?? I have a VHF on my boat and monitor ch. 16 always.

Lookin for Liquid
06-30-2004, 09:36 AM
If in fact they were in a bachelor party, I would bet that most of them in the boat are going to be in the wedding party, probably not out boating. If the info about the wedding is correct, I believe there is only one spot to be married in Carmel, and that's at a place called "By the Sea". Based on all of the previous info, I think I would want to check out the weather in Carmel this time of year, say Saturday, you just might find a Blue Excursion. I hear they work very well for carrying passengers to wedding parties.
Just my .02 worth

JESSE
06-30-2004, 09:40 AM
i posted on one of the other related threads. if the boat was sliped at kathrens landing they should have a list of boats and owners that were sliped there. i don't think they have to many short term slips.

Lookin for Liquid
06-30-2004, 09:41 AM
P.S. I would think a certain amount of satisfaction would be gained watching the A**hole getting arrested walking out of the chapel on his wedding day, not being able to attend his own reception

RiverDave
06-30-2004, 09:49 AM
Take a picture of the CF #'s as well as the boat if you see it..
Other then that it's entirely up to you.
RD

jackpunx
06-30-2004, 09:50 AM
Wedding Services - Catering / Receptions / Rehearsal Dinners (http://www.carmelcalifornia.org/default.cfm?Directory=1&Location=ListAll&Code=WS&CodeSub=CRRD)

C-2
06-30-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by slink
Kinda reminds me of the old witch hunt days. I just hope nobody over steps the boundaries and gets themselves into trouble. Better be 100% sure and "feel" threatened by these guys before jumpin in. I would hate for some civil attorney representing these guys (against one or more HB'ers) to get wind of the 25 or so pages of text on this subject (easily discoverable through a subpoena, even if it gets deleted) and present it to a jury of non-boaters, who don't have a clue about the lifestyle. All they will see are countless pages of "lets kill these FOCKERS" all the while your hard earned money is going down the toilet........... JUST BE CAREFUL ALL
I'm with Slink and Kilrtoy on this one. Everybody better have their facts straight before dosing out some street justice.
I've interviewed hundreds upon hundreds of witnesses from robbery victims to white collar fraudsters - I can tell you witness accounts and descriptions can be notoriously inaccurate. The mind plays weird little games in stressful situations. That’s why you hear people saying they don’t remember shooting their husband dead, or getting beat up real bad. Not saying this is the case here and not questioning the veracity of what is known, but something to consider.
As for finding the boat thru DMV with name only – not gonna happen unless somebody coughs up some CF or AZ numbers. There is no “super” database that houses the information everybody is looking for.
If somebody comes up with some numbers, then I’m willing to help. I can turn a CF number into a name; and then that name into an address within minutes. But only on credible information. :)

RiverDave
06-30-2004, 10:20 AM
I don't think anyone is out to do something to the wrong guy C-2.. and your right Logic will always prevail over irrationallity.
RD

Rev. Williams
06-30-2004, 10:40 AM
Here's a link to a web cam that runs 24-7 from the London Bridge Resort.... http://phoenix360.com/weather/metrix/station.asp?unit=12&past=50 Maybe a phone call to the person who runs the cam can get a pick of the boat from that day if they passed through the channel ??? Or there may be other web cams that can help get a pic. Also if you wanna get serious, run an add in some papers asking for pics of the sandbar from that day. Don't say why, just give a number to call and pay people for the pics they may have. You know everyone takes pics and somebody has something.
Just a thought.....

C-2
06-30-2004, 11:54 AM
A free 800 number can be set up thru Ureach.com. Calls to this number can be forwarded to a cell etc.

Havasu_Dreamin
06-30-2004, 11:58 AM
I don't know. If these are the major jerks that they must be to ahve pulled this type of stuff, they'll probably leave it, the name, on just to get in a fight.

Quality Time
06-30-2004, 12:54 PM
A boat has to meet minimum tonnage requirements in order to qualify for documentation. The average cutoff is 28' minimum. If the boat in question is 25', it is not documented unfortunately in this case.