PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Nitro Nationals in Red Bluff, CA

MOBrien
04-05-2006, 11:47 AM
who's planning to be there this year????
MAY 26,27,28 2006 - Sacramento River in Red Bluff, CA
all info is here Boat Drags!!!!!!!! (http://www.necsports.com/store/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=19)

U.T.B.A.V-Drive man
04-05-2006, 12:02 PM
I wish I was

abraman1326
04-05-2006, 01:20 PM
I will be there on Sun for sure. Not sure if I'll make it on Sat as I have a hard time giving up the weekend at Berryessa. You going to make it again this year???
BRA

77charger
04-05-2006, 03:34 PM
so far we paln to make it with this boat.
<------

charitycase
04-05-2006, 03:54 PM
so far we paln to make it with this boat.
<------
We'll be there everyday.BTW,how did get Stacey to pose for your avatar?J/K

stoker2001
04-05-2006, 07:19 PM
Stacie and i will be there,you all come by our pit #561 and say hey

TUNNEL T
04-05-2006, 08:01 PM
hey kev, since i'm boatless i should be up there one of the days! TUNNEL T

stoker2001
04-05-2006, 08:25 PM
hey kev, since i'm boatless i should be up there one of the days! TUNNEL TKew,maybe you can be my tow ho,so the little women can take video?

MOBrien
04-05-2006, 08:44 PM
Sweet. I'll be there for at least one of the days for sure! See you all out there. Kevin, I'll be stoppin by....figured you wouldn't be missin it. Are there any campgrounds nearby or what? TunnelT....boatless? WTF? Bra, you ready to take the plunge? I may have found something.
can't wait to hear thunder on the river. badass.

PINSTRIPER GIRL
04-05-2006, 08:48 PM
We'll be there Friday night (show N shine) thru Sunday! Red Bluff's my favorite race next to Phoenix Nationals.

Heatseeker
04-06-2006, 08:14 AM
Heatseeker and Mini Heatseeker(my son and I) will be there as well. Going up early Friday and partying, er...I mean staying all weekend. I can't wait, and my son is already counting the days!
Where's everybody staying?

MOBrien
05-02-2006, 12:15 PM
Just over 3 weeks and counting!!!!!!!!!!!

lucky
05-02-2006, 01:08 PM
I Will be there -- We need to organize a ***boat tent- beer booth

waterloged
05-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Hay Chris we will have Todd's boat there. We meet you at Cecils shop. The boat name is under pressure, it runs in the 8 second class. Come say Hi while you are there.

Jetboatguru
05-02-2006, 08:46 PM
We will be running the K5 and TAF535 "Modern Outlaw." We are having a raffle for some shirts so come by and pick up a ticket. You can see some of the clothing that we will be raffling and selling here http://modernoutlaw.net/accessories/index.html
Please feel free to come by and introduce yourself.
Tony Scarlata

MOBrien
05-02-2006, 08:57 PM
right on Tony. how'r things? haven't talked in a while. that the same boat you ran in chowchilla last year? B2B for you this year too?
later man,
MOB

abraman1326
05-03-2006, 09:36 AM
So Mr. Jetboatguru, good to see you're back. I thought you were going to be in Needles all week. Let us know how phoenix went for you. I checked the IHBA web site, but they hadn't posted the results yet. I heard you won the K class, how did the alcohol flat run? How was the new rig and trailer???
BRA

LUVNLIFE
05-03-2006, 05:38 PM
Tony doubled up :cool:

MOBrien
05-03-2006, 07:53 PM
there you are. you guys making the trip again this year? Cat Attack in June for you too?
Hope all's well. Later.
MOB

flattie440
05-04-2006, 07:35 PM
the 440 boat will be there in the Pro Eliminator class!!

77charger
05-04-2006, 07:44 PM
the 440 boat will be there in the Stock Eliminator class!!
shane you guys are runnin the 11.0 bracket now :D :D

Mike Oxbig
05-04-2006, 07:54 PM
To the nice couple that gave me a lift and a place to keep my bike last year, can ya'll do it again for me? I have cleaned my chain and sprocket and will have showered two weeks prior to the race.
Mike
PS can my buddy boohbah have a place to stay as well. he just showed up today on my doorstep. :yuk: :p

Bailey
05-04-2006, 07:58 PM
The bailey family will be there fri, sat, sun. Staying in the fairgrounds. We will have an easy up down by the start line next to the beer trailer.

MOBrien
05-04-2006, 10:16 PM
To the nice couple that gave me a lift and a place to keep my bike last year, can ya'll do it again for me? I have cleaned my chain and sprocket and will have showered two weeks prior to the race.
Mike
PS can my buddy boohbah have a place to stay as well. he just showed up today on my doorstep. :yuk: :p
geezus, that's an ugly green shirt. :D

LUVNLIFE
05-05-2006, 06:34 AM
Mike
The Mrs here - Hi Mr. Oxbig! Absolutely, but only if we can meet up at the same place and hit that backwoods bar...that place was :) off the hook :p !! The shower - that's 2 weeks sooner than last years shower :rollside: . And Boobah always has a place with us.
Hi MOB. How are ya? Shasta's a fer sure and RB is looking more and more like it :rollside: . Need a smuggle? :D

a catered life
05-05-2006, 06:45 AM
The Mrs here - Hi Mr. Oxbig! Absolutely, but only if we can meet up at the same place and hit that backwoods bar...that place was :) off the hook :p !! The shower - that's 2 weeks sooner than last years shower :rollside: . And Boobah always has a place with us.
Hi MOB. How are ya? Shasta's a fer sure and RB is looking more and more like it :rollside: . Need a smuggle? :D
some of us feel so let out :cry: hey mrs... :p

MOBrien
05-05-2006, 08:30 AM
Man I don't know about this now....if Oxbig's going again I might just have to back out of this. Dude effing scares me! Does he ever take that friggin helmet off? And why does he insist on carrying a balloon around everywhere he goes? :crossx:
All's well with us. All good with you and Jen too? We'll have a crew there again this year and I can't wait! Hopefully we won't be hurting as bad on Sunday like last year. We were so pathetic. Then again, we are hitting all of our old favorite Chico bars again on Saturday night.....so I'll probably be a incoherent mess......just like last year. :rollside: Good times. If you guys are gonna make it, we'd certainly appreciate some smuggling......... Really cool to hear you'll be at the Shasta run too. That's gonna be nutty!
Later,
MOB

lucky
05-05-2006, 08:39 AM
Hay Chris we will have Todd's boat there. We meet you at Cecils shop. The boat name is under pressure, it runs in the 8 second class. Come say Hi while you are there.
sounds like a plan - I would love to get abused by you three azzess again - lmoa J/k coors or ? I'm thinking about going up fri Night and spending the night for show and shine -- why don't we get cecil to go ? I have not talked to him latley - is he going to race the Ford that weekend ????

lucky
05-05-2006, 08:40 AM
We will be running the K5 and TAF535 "Modern Outlaw." We are having a raffle for some shirts so come by and pick up a ticket. You can see some of the clothing that we will be raffling and selling here http://modernoutlaw.net/accessories/index.html
Please feel free to come by and introduce yourself.
Tony Scarlata
Toney I will stop by with the massage oil ... lmao --

flattie440
05-05-2006, 04:59 PM
shane you guys are runnin the 11.0 bracket now :D :D
with the way your boat was runnin at bakersfield u might be in that class :rollside:

LUVNLIFE
05-05-2006, 07:12 PM
All's well with us. All good with you and Jen too? We'll have a crew there again this year and I can't wait! Hopefully we won't be hurting as bad on Sunday like last year. We were so pathetic. Then again, we are hitting all of our old favorite Chico bars again on Saturday night.....so I'll probably be a incoherent mess......just like last year. :rollside: Good times. If you guys are gonna make it, we'd certainly appreciate some smuggling......... Really cool to hear you'll be at the Shasta run too. That's gonna be nutty!
Later,
MOB
Sorry Mike for the confusion....it was me...Jen that posted under the hubbies logon (can't remember my password :cry: ) , anyhow, no worries....you saw how I was feeling on that same Sunday :messedup: , we look forward to seeing you and your crew and shoot us a PM with what you're in need of :) :) .
Hi Willie.....how are you? Long time no talk! :)

LUVNLIFE
05-05-2006, 07:19 PM
there you are. you guys making the trip again this year? Cat Attack in June for you too?
Hope all's well. Later.
MOB
Yea Man. We will be at Red Bluff and Cat Attack. :rollside: Just put a list together for RB ;) Be good to see you again. :cool:

LUVNLIFE
05-05-2006, 07:23 PM
Mike
Showers are overrated as long as you have a clean sprocket :rollside: Yep I will stop and pick you up at the same offramp but you gotta help keep the day laborers off the truck :) Jen is right that bar was badass, even the bald kid playing the banjo :)

LUVNLIFE
05-05-2006, 07:24 PM
geezus, that's an ugly green shirt. :D
Yea but the pit stains take away from the color :rolleyes: :)

LUVNLIFE
05-05-2006, 07:25 PM
We'll be there Friday night (show N shine) thru Sunday! Red Bluff's my favorite race next to Phoenix Nationals.
We'll see you there Don and Denise :cool:

LUVNLIFE
05-05-2006, 07:27 PM
some of us feel so let out :cry: hey mrs... :p
Don't feel leftout Willie, get out and see us :rollside: How are you and the family? We are good and hangin :)

waterloged
05-07-2006, 09:18 AM
sounds like a plan - I would love to get abused by you three azzess again - lmoa J/k coors or ? I'm thinking about going up fri Night and spending the night for show and shine -- why don't we get cecil to go ? I have not talked to him latley - is he going to race the Ford that weekend ????
I don't know what Cecil's plans are. I don't think that he races that weekend. It might be hard to get him to go to the races, he is really besy. Well I guess see you there.....

Mrs.Racer277
05-07-2006, 12:38 PM
We will be there again this year. :)

lucky
05-08-2006, 06:33 AM
I don't know what Cecil's plans are. I don't think that he races that weekend. It might be hard to get him to go to the races, he is really besy. Well I guess see you there.....
how are you doing on your boat

MOBrien
05-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Yea Man. We will be at Red Bluff and Cat Attack. :rollside: Just put a list together for RB ;) Be good to see you again. :cool:
sweet. I was hoping you'd say that. Can't wait for both events!! Be good to see you guys again too and especially want to check out your Daytona. Check your PM's........ :crossx: Muchas effing Gracias!!

MOBrien
05-08-2006, 01:36 PM
Sorry Mike for the confusion....it was me...Jen that posted under the hubbies logon (can't remember my password :cry: ) , anyhow, no worries....you saw how I was feeling on that same Sunday :messedup: , we look forward to seeing you and your crew and shoot us a PM with what you're in need of :) :) .
Hi Willie.....how are you? Long time no talk! :)
Cool. Sunday WAS rough last year wasn't it! I acually slept though more than a few runs and we were mid-track at the fence. Not loud enough to ruin my booze induced mid-conversation catnaps though. :220v: Uhhhh, wrecked is the only accurate term.

LUVNLIFE
05-08-2006, 05:54 PM
sweet. I was hoping you'd say that. Can't wait for both events!! Be good to see you guys again too and especially want to check out your Daytona. Check your PM's........ :crossx: Muchas effing Gracias!!
Hell yea gonna be a good time :cool:

Mike Oxbig
05-08-2006, 08:31 PM
Dudes make sure you come by and visit that 535 pit! I heard it rocks! Look for the bike out front. BOOBAH! :crossx:

MOBrien
05-19-2006, 08:09 AM
1 week and counting. I can already hear the thunder and smell the nitro.
:crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

Heatseeker
05-19-2006, 08:58 AM
The bailey family will be there fri, sat, sun. Staying in the fairgrounds. We will have an easy up down by the start line next to the beer trailer.
You guys bringing the motorhome with the bar again this year?
I'll see you there. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/party/party0014.gif

hellman2u
05-19-2006, 10:27 AM
Team "HOWLER" #439 and "JUS' FUNNIN' " #201 will be there, come by and say hi CDBA "HOWLER " #439 JIm Deboard

LUVNLIFE
05-19-2006, 12:58 PM
1 week and counting. I can already hear the thunder and smell the nitro.
:crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
Check Your PM's Mike :cool:

boat030
05-19-2006, 03:44 PM
We will be there with this boat thanks to LUVNLIFE Transportation Inc.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/86906_04_IHBA_4535_195.jpg

Mrs Luvnlife
05-19-2006, 06:11 PM
I got three words for you...................... :p :)
I sure hope there's good stuff in that enclosed dealio...... :rollside:

sdpm
05-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Cale, just ask and you shall receive. We couldn't have done it without your help! I owe you one. It's going to be a great time. Can't wait. Thanks again in advance.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1935DSC02058.JPG

LUVNLIFE
05-21-2006, 07:10 AM
Now I just need to figure out a way to make a living doing it and I will be set :cool:

Monkey Bung
05-21-2006, 08:02 AM
Whats up Mike,
No "Big Red" or are you runnin two classes?? I'll be there with the Pinkneys Fri. morning. See ya there.
Mark

DAVEO
05-21-2006, 08:04 AM
what would be the best day to go If I do it would be a day trip.

Monkey Bung
05-21-2006, 08:20 AM
Never been there but I here its all good.

77charger
05-21-2006, 09:08 AM
leavin thur night from OC and picking up boat on way fri morn/early afternoon.see you guys up there.Boat 004 and 006

Sherpa
05-21-2006, 09:41 AM
I have 2 theories about which day to attend, sat or sun:
Sat Pros: most likely everybody's boats are running, and will make a pass.
: Hi-wind kills drag boat racing. it might be Okay today...............
Sat Cons: alot of "test" passes, qualifying single runs (slow)
Sun Pros: It's finals day! go fast or go home.
Sun Cons: crashed, broken-down boats whittle down the field quite a bit.
: It might blow-out today, in which there will almost NO racing,
and you could have gone on saturday instead......
Everybody loves watching Top Fuel....... the only problem is there are only
a handfull of boats still running the class.... maybe 7 or 8..............
add to that those boats only make a full-on run in maybe 1 of every 4 runs,
it's just not a very full-filling class anymore....................
Even when nothing is broke, or wrong, if they run a single, they idle down..
so, if you have 8 boats, all paired, you **might see 2 boats make a full pass.
and that's a maybe............
I really like watching the K's and SS boats run... I get more outta them than
the drags anymore............!
Ever sense they added an "in-ramp" at Red Bluff, you only get 1/2 of the
excitement.............. the "burn-out" runs used to be more than 1/2 the
fun.......
--Sherpa..................I'll probably be going both days...... !

BIG TIME
05-21-2006, 11:29 AM
well...i dont think EVERYONE likes watching top fuel.....hohum.....now pgf and taf thats different.

LUVNLIFE
05-21-2006, 01:10 PM
I haven't check this out myself but someone mentioned to me that ten fuelers are showing. That means they will have to qualify and also there is the business of $50,000 up for grabs :cool:

BIG TIME
05-21-2006, 01:14 PM
10 fuelers!.....damm that equals to at least 3 hours a day just in waiting for them to get towed back the ramp!!...just kidding....im sure it will be a good showin' :cool:

boat030
05-22-2006, 06:11 AM
Whats up Mike,
No "Big Red" or are you runnin two classes?? I'll be there with the Pinkneys Fri. morning. See ya there.
Mark
just one class and no Big Red this weekend, I probably won't be there until friday evening, so I guess we'll see you at the show and shine.

boat030
05-22-2006, 06:15 AM
I got three words for you...................... :p :)
I sure hope there's good stuff in that enclosed dealio...... :rollside:
I can only guess what those three words would be :jawdrop:
I just hope there's a boat in there and Neils not tricking you guys into hauling all those rhinos up there :idea:

sdpm
05-22-2006, 06:22 AM
No more Rhino's for you at least not with me in it!!

boat030
05-22-2006, 06:49 AM
No more Rhino's for you at least not with me in it!!
Don't be Skeerd!!

MOBrien
05-24-2006, 11:30 AM
just a couple more days and it's on!!!!
DaveO, did you decide.....Saturday or Sunday? Abraman, where you at....Saturday or Sunday?
We'll be there Sunday all day, let me know & PM me with your cell #'s. Bra, we got business to take care of! :crossx: Get your arse out there! :rollside:

Sherpa
05-24-2006, 01:00 PM
weather reports for Red Bluff:
Saturday, partial cloud cover, temps mid 70's........... wind 10-15 mph.
Sunday, probablility of rain showers, temps lo 80........ wind 10-15 mph.
If it's lookin like crap come thursday nite, friday morn, I'm staying home.
--Sherpa

MOBrien
05-24-2006, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the buzz-kill Sherpa. :rolleyes:
OK racers............
What does this weather forecast mean for this weekend? Is 10-15mph enough to shut'er down to the 1/8th?....shut'er down all together?
rainshowers probable and 80*???? WTF?

Mrs Luvnlife
05-24-2006, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the buzz-kill Sherpa. :rolleyes:
OK racers............
What does this weather forecast mean for this weekend? Is 10-15mph enough to shut'er down to the 1/8th?....shut'er down all together?
rainshowers probable and 80*???? WTF?
Kinda sounds like last years weather :squiggle: , one of the days was blowin pretty good and I think they did shut it down early.....maybe not....can't remember :rollside: . Either way, there's beer to be drank :D . If ya don't make it due to bad weather, don't worry about your beverages....we'll take care of um :) .

Mrs Luvnlife
05-24-2006, 02:00 PM
I just hope there's a boat in there and Neils not tricking you guys into hauling all those rhinos up there :idea:
Boat????? :confused: No boat....but 3 rhinos and some real good burn out marks just down around the corner here :2purples: . Not sure what Neil's got planned for you :p .

Sherpa
05-24-2006, 02:12 PM
sorry about bringing it down..........
last year happening:
Saturday: wind kicked up about 20mph around 10-11am....... the entire
day was a no-race day........................... pretty sucky. and, no refunds
are given to these events from AJ.
Sunday: PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRFECT racin' weather........ sunny, but not
"bake-in-the-sun" hot. nice little breeze..................
My experience (since about circa 1978) would say that it takes at least
a 20mph-steady wind to kill the go-fast boys, and they'll run sub-100
mph boats sometimes................
that's it gang...........
--Sherpa................sharing and caring........

abraman1326
05-25-2006, 09:27 AM
I will be there on Sun. I talked to Tony the other day and he said unless it's a huge downpour, they all will be running. See you there on Sunday!!! Can't wait. Again, if anyone is just heading up for Sunday, PM me and we can hook up and either ride w/ me, or caravan together...
BRA

DAVEO
05-25-2006, 09:43 AM
not going to make it. Im pissed. Too many thing to do so Im ready for shasta.