PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here....Yep had to get me a Boat!

HaulinAss
06-30-2004, 03:52 AM
Yep an avid Heads Up Drag "CAR" Racer,but with much persuasion from a few ***boat friends of mine I decided HELL I have to get one to see what the hype is all about.Picked up a '78 Marlin 18' HJK racing built 460 Jet Deal and have been going at it making it "my" boat ever since.Boat is real clean and am looking to launch it in the next day or two to get the feel for it and get all the bugs worked out....
Looking forward to going fast on a different surface for a change.Gonna be at Berryessa Lake this upcoming 4th of July weekend.....

BigBoyToys
06-30-2004, 05:02 AM
Congrats on the New Boat:) Maybe we'll see you out on the lake one of these days (Although I don't go to Berryessa often). Good luck with the boat and most of all, have fun with it SAFELY.:cool:

Aqua Boogie1
06-30-2004, 07:09 AM
Welcome to the boards.........I also have a 18' Marlin. Mines has a 403olds...stock. Its moves good enough for now. Again, welcome to a new surface!!:D

Squirtcha?
06-30-2004, 07:18 AM
Love those headlights..............
http://www.weekendtoys.com/catagories/eventsphotogallery/2003/dub/pictures/dub79.jpg

HalletDave
06-30-2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Squirtcha?
Love those headlights..............
http://www.weekendtoys.com/catagories/eventsphotogallery/2003/dub/pictures/dub79.jpg
Can you say HIGHBEAMS ?:D

Ms. AquaBoogie1
06-30-2004, 07:39 AM
Welcome...enjoy the ride, do you have a pic of your boat??:D

Aqua Boogie1
06-30-2004, 07:42 AM
Aren't they just WONDERFUL!!!!!!! :D ;)

Wildboats
06-30-2004, 09:21 AM
congrats on the new boat. so lets see a photo of it.

HalletDave
06-30-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Aqua Boogie1
Aren't they just WONDERFUL!!!!!!! :D ;)
YeS YeS ;) :D

QuickJet
06-30-2004, 06:45 PM
Congrats Matt on the new boat. You'll find that boating is alot less stressfull than drag car racing (well it's supposed to be anyways). I think you'll have a blast and you'll love the people. The boating community is very accomidating and friendly.

HaulinAss
07-01-2004, 02:38 AM
Well just a few more here and there things left and she will be ready to go.Since I have bought the boat I have been doing nothing but play around with it.ya know how a kid on Christmas is when they get a new toy :D I will try to get some "in action" pics of this this weekend.See ya on the lakes!

chasinTail
07-01-2004, 04:29 AM
I too am new to boating and i am one of the guys who helpped matt get his new boat. I also have a 78 Marlin with a 455 olds in it.. it looks very close in paint scheem to the pic of the other guys 78 marlin.. thought it was my boat for a second.. had to look in the parking lot just to make sure. lol. i will be at berryessa too this weekend and will line up with said haulnass to see what his boats got to prove.. hopfully we will have some pics of that race to post for you guys to see.... me beeting him.. hehe. we will see. good job on the boat matt, it looks great.
George

Aqua Boogie1
07-01-2004, 07:21 AM
Welcome Chasin-tail, I thought I was the only one with a Marlin jet.....now I don't so feel alone. Cool............:cool: Welcome again!!!!

chasinTail
07-01-2004, 08:10 AM
hey scott and matt.. look at that pic of the Marlin above this post. is that my boat with an engine cover or what. so at least i know my paint job/gel coat is original. hey aqua boogie what color sceme do you have on your boat? mine is heavy metalic blue border, silver body.
George

Aqua Boogie1
07-01-2004, 01:33 PM
George, heres my boat...........
78 18' Marlin Berk jc-a
403 olds stock
Colors are tan with brown giltter......
Seats are ski set-up...passenger sit turned backwards.
I bought this boat for $800 because the motor had a knock and the guy was scared to work on it. So he just got rid of it. So I just basically put a new bottom end on the motor and its been running ever since....two summers on it. A total re-build after this summer or sale and get a more up-dated boat.