SILVERWING
06-30-2004, 09:51 AM
STEAMBOAT WHERE IS THAT LOCATED

Lake Pirate
06-30-2004, 09:53 AM
Colorado? Mississippi River? Broadway? (No wait...that was Showboat) :D

RiverToysJas
06-30-2004, 09:55 AM
I've heard that since Steamboat is the "family cove", people don't like pubicizing where it's located. Not a secret, people just don't want it turning into a sandbar or copper canyon.
Perhaps someone could PM you the directions. ;)
RTJas :D

Essex502
06-30-2004, 09:56 AM
Arizona side of Lake Havasu a coupla' miles south of Copper Canyon. Look for bouys marking the No Wake Zone at the entrance. If you hug the AZ side of the the lake/river as you're traveling south past Copper Canyon you can't miss it.

KACHINA KEN
06-30-2004, 09:56 AM
Hi LJ,
It's South of the island on the AZ side just past Goose Bay & Pilot Rock.
btw, STOP SCREAMING:D
Kenny

Essex502
06-30-2004, 09:59 AM
Here's a map of the lakehttp://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1404Lake_havasu_map.gif

Lake Pirate
06-30-2004, 10:02 AM
That's one long ass lake. How wide is it at the widest point and on average? How long is it. I'm too lazy to google it.

LaveyJet
06-30-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
I've heard that since Steamboat is the "family cove", people don't like pubicizing where it's located. Not a secret, people just don't want it turning into a sandbar or copper canyon.
Last Holiday weekend it looked more like Copper Canyon that a "Family" cove.

RiverToysJas
06-30-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by LaveyJet
Last Holiday weekend it looked more like Copper Canyon that a "Family" cove.
Yeah, I thought it was going that way! It was bound to happen. ;)

Huckleberry
06-30-2004, 10:09 AM
Because they Po-Po keeps closing the Sandbar, they force the wildness to go to other places, such as Steamboat. Other than holiday weekends, Steamboat is a nice, big, family oriented cove. A cool place to hang out and just chill with some friends and your family. Those that frequent it on non-holidays prefer to keep it that way. If ya want the wild stuff, ya know where to go to find it.
Huckle(Really not a prude)berry

summerlove
06-30-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Huckleberry
Because they Po-Po keeps closing the Sandbar, they force the wildness to go to other places, such as Steamboat. Other than holiday weekends, Steamboat is a nice, big, family oriented cove. A cool place to hang out and just chill with some friends and your family. Those that frequent it on non-holidays prefer to keep it that way. If ya want the wild stuff, ya know where to go to find it.
Thank you for that Public Service Message...I and those that like to keep steamboat for the kids appreciate it!:)

Essex502
06-30-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by HUFFPOWER
damn essex, why don't you take out a full page ad while yer at it, dude theres enough people at havasu, tell them to go to castaic, or piru or pyramid or the la river:p :eek: :p lake havasu is offically closed for the summer:p go home:D
huffer and puffer....we like having visitors in town...keeps my real estate investment there growing! :D

little rowe boat
06-30-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Lake Pirate
That's one long ass lake. How wide is it at the widest point and on average? How long is it. I'm too lazy to google it.
I believe it is 43 miles long and at the widest point maybe 2 miles. Don't quote me just guesstimates.

spute
06-30-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Huckleberry
and that's why i saw you there last weekend!!! :)

Quality Time
06-30-2004, 12:46 PM
If you hug the AZ side of the the lake/river as you're traveling south past Copper Canyon you can't miss it. [/QUOTE]
Don't hug the AZ side while traveling south. You may be the next "accident at Havasu" thread.:eek:

Liquid Courage
06-30-2004, 12:50 PM
That map is tight! If you actually read the dive sites you'll see all the carzy sh!t that's under that lake, like the whole city that was buried in water!

summerlove
06-30-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Courage
That map is tight! If you actually read the dive sites you'll see all the carzy sh!t that's under that lake, like the whole city that was buried in water!
for more dive sites go here (http://www.ctaz.com/~bwana/havasu.htm)

Quality Time
06-30-2004, 12:56 PM
LC,
I found a website a while back that listed all of the dive sites on Havasu and what you can expect to see. Everything from saloons to planes are in the bottom of that lake. :D

Essex502
06-30-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Quality Time
If you hug the AZ side of the the lake/river as you're traveling south past Copper Canyon you can't miss it.
Don't hug the AZ side while traveling south. You may be the next "accident at Havasu" thread.:eek: [/QUOTE]
Figuratively speaking...as with all lakes...clockwise rotation is recommended...now if only the lake lice would abide that that.:mad:

FRENCHIE
06-30-2004, 01:06 PM
great map thanx!!;)

Liquid Courage
06-30-2004, 01:10 PM
QT & SL,
I actually looked at that site posted and there is some great info on diving Havasu. I'm no diver but the articles on the stuff you can see under Havasu makes me want to get certified. However, I honestly can't see me staying sober long enough to do a dive when I'm out there:D

TrojanDan
06-30-2004, 01:11 PM
That's what I was thinking. I just dove my first wreck last week in the West Indies. Saw some human bones and other errie stuff since it was a recent sinking (circa 1970). I should dive next Tuesday in Steamboat and CC to find all those $180 Oakley's a lot of people drop. :D

Liquid Courage
06-30-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by TrojanDan
That's what I was thinking. I just dove my first wreck last week in the West Indies. Saw some human bones and other errie stuff since it was a recent sinking (circa 1970). I should dive next Tuesday in Steamboat and CC to find all those $180 Oakley's a lot of people drop. :D
If look on that site that Quality Time posted it tells of all kinds of good dive sites and how they'll dive after big weekends at Copper Canyon. They say they come up with Rolexes, wallets full of cash and glasses all the time!
The coolest thing is the under water city that was flooded when they made the lake. Saloon with bar stools and mirrors still there, two story hotel, and some other buildings.

TrojanDan
06-30-2004, 01:29 PM
The coolest thing is the under water city that was flooded when they made the lake. Saloon with bar stools and mirrors still there, two story hotel, and some other buildings.
How come you're not certified? The Channel Islands are suppose to be nice to dive, as long as you don't mind an occasional Great White. :D
I got certified last month in Catalina and man, it's been a blast! Lot's of cool stuff down there. :cool:

Quality Time
06-30-2004, 01:41 PM
Have to give credit where credit is due, Summerlove posted the site.
I'm cetified, but have never dove Havasu. I want to, but not on any summer weekend. Maybe during the off-season or use it as a good excuse to take a looong weekend.
I spoke with some guys diving Copper one Sunday afternoon. Visibility was poor at best, but they did manage to bring up some beads and a few sunglasses:cool: Oh yea, a LOT of cans:yuk:

Liquid Courage
06-30-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by TrojanDan
How come you're not certified? The Channel Islands are suppose to be nice to dive, as long as you don't mind an occasional Great White. :D
I got certified last month in Catalina and man, it's been a blast! Lot's of cool stuff down there. :cool:
I don't know. I take the boat out to the Channel Islands all the time (Anacapa and Santa Cruz) but we usually just float around, drink some beers and maybe do a little snorkling. It is Beautiful out there though. Water is crystal clear.
It's just a trip to think about how I've been going to Havasu for years running over the tops of all the wreckage and what not under the water. I guess right off of the Nautical are a few WWII Jeeps and a Spit fighter that went down when there was a run way out there. And the Paddle boat wreck is supposed to be SWEET! You can get inside the boat.

Huckleberry
07-01-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by spute
and that's why i saw you there last weekend!!! :)
Ya probably saw me at many places last weekend. Steamboat, the dam, channel, and sandbar.