PDA

View Full Version : Realestate

Excessive Force
06-30-2004, 11:41 AM
Where near LHC can I buy a house without breaking the bank while having a decent neighborhood without trailerparks? Thanks

Kilrtoy
06-30-2004, 11:43 AM
No where,
The price's should stable off the feds just increased the lending rate by a 1/4%. But the houses are still around 200K

mirvin
06-30-2004, 11:44 AM
I was gonna suggest Blythe:D
mirvin

copperrat20
06-30-2004, 11:48 AM
EF- I bought a house last June in LHC in a great neighborhood right close to the bridge for 120k. Brand new 1800 sf. witha 3 car boat deep garage. There are two foclosures up the street from me for in between 60-120k each. One house was built in 1994 and the other in 1991 or so. Papago st. in LHC. Check them out.

RiverToysJas
06-30-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by mirvin
I was gonna suggest Blythe:D
mirvin
No he said, "decent neighborhood without trailerparks"! ;) :D :D :D
J/K Blythe friends! :p
RTJas :D

Essex502
06-30-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by copperrat20
EF- I bought a house last June in LHC in a great neighborhood right close to the bridge for 120k. Brand new 1800 sf. witha 3 car boat deep garage. There are two foclosures up the street from me for in between 60-120k each. One house was built in 1994 and the other in 1991 or so. Papago st. in LHC. Check them out.
Last June was a long time ago...now you can't touch a new house for less than $200K. If the foreclosure homes you mentioned are that low then they're dumps or need serious work to correct defects. The market in LHC is still HOT.

copperrat20
06-30-2004, 12:21 PM
I looked at one of them last week. $64,000. Sure it had older windows, garage door and carpet that needed replaced, but I surely would not call that a dump. I couldn't see how you could go wrong for that price.

Mandelon
06-30-2004, 12:33 PM
You can search LHC listings here.....
http://www.havasurealtors.com/

Essex502
06-30-2004, 12:45 PM
I looked at one of them last week. $64,000. Sure it had older windows, garage door and carpet that needed replaced, but I surely would not call that a dump. I couldn't see how you could go wrong for that price.
There's something wrong with it for that price...you sure it isn't a double-wide in Desert Hills?

summerlove
06-30-2004, 12:48 PM
you can't even buy a one bedroom condo in Havasu for that price anymore....if it's still available, I'll buy it. What's the MLS #.
Excessive Force, I'll have two brand new homes available for you and your family to move into come about december. We will break ground in about 2-3 weeks. Both 1749 sq ft with 3 bed/3ba and a 42' by 30' deep garage and a little lake view....price TBD but if you act now you will buy at today's price and not the price in 6 months....

Essex502
06-30-2004, 12:54 PM
According to Mandalone's MLS listing webpage...the only "house" under $100K was either a mobile home, condo or townhose.

Essex502
06-30-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by summerlove
you can't even buy a one bedroom condo in Havasu for that price anymore....if it's still available, I'll buy it. What's the MLS #.
Excessive Force, I'll have two brand new homes available for you and your family to move into come about december. We will break ground in about 2-3 weeks. Both 1749 sq ft with 3 bed/3ba and a 42' by 30' deep garage and a little lake view....price TBD but if you act now you will buy at today's price and not the price in 6 months....
Trying to "out-mogul" me? :D We just got our retaining wall finished on house #2 in LHC...now to pour the pad!

summerlove
06-30-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Essex502
According to Mandalone's MLS listing webpage...the only "house" under $100K was either a mobile home, condo or townhose.
At 69,900 the only thing I found in Havasu was a 1bd/1ba condo in Xanadu...here it is...
click here (http://www.havasurealtors.com/gre_detail.php?in_lst=102652)

summerlove
06-30-2004, 01:03 PM
Trying to "out-mogul" me? :D We just got our retaining wall finished on house #2 in LHC...now to pour the pad!
not really, just trying to move up and help out another fellow hot boater find his/her Havasu dream home. Actually, we'll probably move into one of the new ones and sell our existing house (they're the same floorplan) and then make one last final move to "The House";)

Essex502
06-30-2004, 01:05 PM
not really, just trying to move up and help out another fellow hot boater find his/her Havasu dream home. Actually, we'll probably move into one of the new ones and sell our existing house (they're the same floorplan) and then make one last final move to "The House";)
Cool....our next is supposed to be done sometime in December as well. Then we will attempt to become landlords when we rent the existing vacation house. Next year the plan is to build a duplex purely for income.

TrojanDan
06-30-2004, 01:23 PM
We just got our retaining wall finished on house #2 in LHC...now to pour the pad!
Who constructed your wall and how responsive were they? What's the going rate in SF/$ or LF/$ for retaining walls?
Thanks. :cool:

RiverDave
06-30-2004, 01:31 PM
Talk to Warlock25 here on the boards.. She's an agent that lives in LHC.
RD

dicudmore
06-30-2004, 01:42 PM
Michelle....Warlock 25 is definitely the person to contact :D

Mandelon
06-30-2004, 01:44 PM
Can she handle commercial, industrial and apartments too?

Essex502
06-30-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by TrojanDan
Who constructed your wall and how responsive were they? What's the going rate in SF/$ or LF/$ for retaining walls?
Thanks. :cool:
The wall was done by Lake Havasu Masonry. They were very responsive in quoting but ran late in getting the wall completed. The reason, I'm told, was difficulty in cutting into the rock-like slope. They had to bring in heavier equipment than their own and had to wait until their sub for the equipment could get there. Once the footer trench was dug they only took about a week and a half to get it up...dimensions are: 80' long - 8' tall at rear and 3' tall at front - sloping to make the grade of the next door property. Cost me about $7,000. Approx. 440 sq.ft.

Mr.Havasu
06-30-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
Can she handle commercial, industrial and apartments too?
Give me a call, I'll help you in any way I can. I'm a licensed Real Estate Broker and own my own Company "Lake Havasu Homes" if it's in the multiple listing service I can sell it to you.
As far as a home for 64,000 I'm with Summerlove on this one, I'll buy it! You can barely get a lot for that anymore. Sometimes those foreclosures list what is owed as the starting price, then it goes to bid and of course it sells for much more than that.

Mr.Havasu
06-30-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Excessive Force
Where near LHC can I buy a house without breaking the bank while having a decent neighborhood without trailerparks? Thanks
What price range are you looking at? I still see a few homes come on the market around 150K, you won't get much garage and the home will be older, but a raising tide floats all boats!
Let me know if I can help you find something.
Everyone else, Thanks for the nice recommendations;)
Michele

summerlove
06-30-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by warlock25
Give me a call,
ok, I will....;)
do you know if you/John will be in town the w/e of the 10th? I have someone interested in buying Cream Puff but I'll be at Powell. He just wants to see it right now and if John can open the garage for him and do that I'd appreciate it....
On another note, I signed all papers today on the construction loan and Bridgewater is going to deliver the plans to the city by the end of the week! Hopefully dirt will be turning by the 3rd week of July!

Mr.Havasu
06-30-2004, 03:26 PM
Hi Rick,
Just give the guy John's cell (928) 486-3832 he will be happy to meet him there and show him cream puff.
Have fun in Powell (I'm sooooo jealous)!
Congrats on the start of the project. I can't wait for mine to start as well. Yours will be done months before mine, you should be onto your next one by the time mine is finished.
Have a safe trip,
Michele

Lake Pirate
06-30-2004, 03:32 PM
I'm thinkin' of letting this baby go for 65k. Hate to do it (bein' our dream home and all.) Times are hard though. We might just have to settle for less.
http://trailerking.www4.50megs.com/image5_files/image3.jpg

Mandelon
06-30-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Lake Pirate
I'm thinkin' of letting this baby go for 65k. Hate to do it (bein' our dream home and all.) Times are hard though. We might just have to settle for less.
Don't be tryin' to impress us with your fancy trailer......

Lake Pirate
06-30-2004, 03:42 PM
Meant no disrespect for the little people. Should of moved my semi classics around back before I took the picture. I prolly look high falootin' now. The tractor ain't part of the deal. I love my tractor. (and my truck) (and remote control) (and the velvet Elvis)

Essex502
07-01-2004, 06:01 AM
ok, I will....;)
do you know if you/John will be in town the w/e of the 10th? I have someone interested in buying Cream Puff but I'll be at Powell. He just wants to see it right now and if John can open the garage for him and do that I'd appreciate it....
On another note, I signed all papers today on the construction loan and Bridgewater is going to deliver the plans to the city by the end of the week! Hopefully dirt will be turning by the 3rd week of July!
Are you using plans that have already been approved in the past by the city? We made a couple of slight changes (lengthen the garage by 4' widen it by 2' and drop the depth of it by 1') and it took us 1 month to get it approved by the city! Plus...do you have any retaining wall issues...we did...delayed us another month. Hopefully, you're experience building will be better.

MagicMtnDan
07-01-2004, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Lake Pirate
Yup, just as I thought - that trailer is definitely leaning to the LEFT! :D

summerlove
07-01-2004, 08:14 AM
Are you using plans that have already been approved in the past by the city? We made a couple of slight changes (lengthen the garage by 4' widen it by 2' and drop the depth of it by 1') and it took us 1 month to get it approved by the city! Plus...do you have any retaining wall issues...we did...delayed us another month. Hopefully, you're experience building will be better.
No, we're using a set of plans off the shelf, but somewhat modified. We're adding a 3rd bath and have a little different kitchen layout than the "standard" but the builder has built this house a number of times with little or no problem with the city. Also, we do not need any walls, so we should be in and out of the city in 2-3 wks and away we go!!!!:D
I didn't want to buy a lot that had alot of slope/wall issues and the lots we purchased were already surveyed, graded and certified by the city. Basically, all the builder needs to do is start digging!

Essex502
07-01-2004, 11:12 AM
Like I said - the city took 4 weeks for my plans to get approved and it's a standard house that Summit has built before with just the dimensional changes to the garage I mentioned.
We'll see how it goes - right? :D
I didn't realize my side slope would even come into play with the house we decided upon...not until we took the supervisor of summit construction to the site and laid out the house. We have 96' wide by 138' deep...the width got us...the 96' wasn't as the slope of the "cut" into a general lot slope that divided our lot from the neighbor's allowed only a 59' wide house with the required clearances. We pushed the side slope back 12' and gained an RV pad on the side as well as making clearance for the house. I'll post a pic of the wall slope another time as I don't have it here in the office.

summerlove
07-01-2004, 12:33 PM
We looked at a number of builders and went with what we knew best - the exact house we already had and built by a reputable LHC builder, Bridgewater. They went out on to the lot, measured and then overlaid the plans the survey and wa-la! it/they fit - just barely. That did save us and we did not have to build the wall! Your right about the city, they can be slow. Let's hope that with a little push and maybe a little pull from peeps in HIGH places we can get moving quicker than most! ;) But even if we get in line and stay there, a month isn't all that bad since we only closed escrow on the lots at the end of May.
I'll post pics when I get back from Powell....