PDA

View Full Version : Tunes on while cruising?

Outnumbered
06-30-2004, 12:40 PM
Just curious how many of you listen to the stereo while under way. I probably would but my head unit is mounted out of reach, thanks to the previous owner who cut a hole and pretty much sealed the fate of the stereo location forever. Seems it would be hard to hear when the boat is un-corked too.
OL

HCS
06-30-2004, 12:51 PM
I just pumped up my stereo last season just so I could do that.:)

copperrat20
06-30-2004, 12:54 PM
I can listen to it if I really crank it- but then again what is the point of headers and a blower if you can't hear it?:D

RiverDave
06-30-2004, 12:57 PM
What's the point of the stereo if you can't listen to it while your driving?
Really makes me wonder why these guys buy these CD players that skip all the time???
Sony Changers = No Skip No matter What
RD

riverbound
06-30-2004, 01:01 PM
Lastseaon my boat was too loud to listen to the stereo while driving, but this winter I chaned somethings and now it is much quieter, Hopefully I will be able to listen to it while I'm driving. If not I will have o go in for an upgrade, most of my customers have better stereos than I do:(

HavasuDreamin'
06-30-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
What's the point of the stereo if you can't listen to it while your driving? RD
Uhhhhhhh...........maybe when your floating or on the sandbar or beach. ;) :p
My question is.............if you have a hot rod boat with lots of money in the motor..........why would you want to listen to anything else but the motor while under way? :confused: To me, a good sounding motor is the best music to my ears. :cool:

mbrown2
06-30-2004, 01:04 PM
Can hear it loud and clear while driving, but once you are clipping along at 6500 rpms, its gets tougher to hear and I don't need the distraction...

Bre
06-30-2004, 01:05 PM
Boat is too loud can't hear it:rolleyes: :D

1stepcloser
06-30-2004, 01:18 PM
I dont want the distraction, and I like the way the motor sounds.:)

superdave013
06-30-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by HavasuDreamin'
Uhhhhhhh...........maybe when your floating or on the sandbar or beach. ;) :p
My question is.............if you have a hot rod boat with lots of money in the motor..........why would you want to listen to anything else but the motor while under way? :confused: To me, a good sounding motor is the best music to my ears. :cool:
And if you have a hot rod as you say who would want the weight??

Jrocket
06-30-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by superdave013
And if you have a hot rod as you say who would want the weight??
Bingo! Waylon Jennings sounds great at all speeds.:D

Phat Matt
06-30-2004, 02:01 PM
That's why I put the cd changer in with the anti-skip. You gotta cruise with the tunes on, unless you want to charge up your batteries a little quicker. :)

mirvin
06-30-2004, 02:10 PM
I took the stereo out of my boat. If I want to listen to music I'll go to a show. Besides, there's always some knuckle head around who wants to be life's DJ;)
mirvin

Magic34
06-30-2004, 02:10 PM
I can hear mine just fine, but prefer the sound of the motors. Want to hear the motors if anything goes wrong.
Plus the bass messes with my head, shakes the hell out of the boat and feels like it is riding funny.

Krumbsnatcher
06-30-2004, 02:31 PM
I use an IPOD 15,000 songs and no skipping.

dimarcobros
06-30-2004, 02:47 PM
in the deck boat we have the tunes on all day and never turn it off. The cd rarely skips and have had no problems yet. In the 21 DiMarco is a whole different story. No tunes unless we are floating or beached, or if it is real early in the morning and it is glass. The smallest wake and it skips so you could imagine what it is like coming home from the sandabr or topac.
DMB