PDA

View Full Version : Just a bit frustrated

YW82DRM
07-01-2004, 10:33 AM
:mad:
I just need to take a minute to vent in reagrds to my Boss.....
In March I worked 2 1/2 weeks without a day off due to a show that we had thus requiring my presence.....(I was the only one without a day off in 3 weeks) I went to my boss and said I have no problem working and helping out the team and that I wouldn't let him down. One week into it he comes to me and says you're doing a great job and there will be an addt'l $1000.00 on your paycheck next pay period, for your help.(I am on salary therfore I was literally working for less than Burger King wages 1/2way into it) It is now July 1st and although I was TAXED on the money I still never saw it. I know for a fact he had the money but instead he used it to buy new golf clubs and part of it towards a dp on HIS new boat...... I have asked about it numerous times and have gotten every excuse in the book!!!!!I am mad as hell so for the last week I have been in a bad mood. Needless to say I am so pissed I try to do as little as possible......Anyway I know you don't care but I am fU$king pissed off about it and just had to get it off my already small chest!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Mrs. Restless22
07-01-2004, 10:39 AM
So we are talking almost 4 months later you still dont have the promised $1000 bonus? :eek:
If I were you I would write an email/letter to you boss explaining how frustrated you are. Situations like this can sometimes be easier dealt with when writing, mostly becuase you can explain how you really feel without getting to wound up or forgetting what you wanted to really say.
Either way I hope you get your money! ;)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
07-01-2004, 10:47 AM
How did you get taxed already if you haven't received the moola yet????
:confused:

HCS
07-01-2004, 10:48 AM
Look for another job like my wife is doing.
Her boss promised her a raise in Jan. she never got it.
She's on the road all day so they pay for her gas.
They decided to make a policy change and took their gas cards away.
She was getting $500.00 a month for car allowance.
They decided to make a policy change and took the car allowance
away.
So we took a $700.00 a month cut out of our monthly budget.
:eek:
I told her f*ck em. Look for another job.
So she is.

Mrs. Restless22
07-01-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Mrs. Bordsmnj
How did you get taxed already if you haven't received the moola yet????
:confused:
I was just trying to figure out the same thing :confused: :confused:

HCS
07-01-2004, 10:50 AM
At my work they will hand you a cash bonus then take the tax out of your check.
Maybe they tax her for it and never gave her the money.:confused:

Mrs. Restless22
07-01-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
At my work they will hand you a cash bonus then take the tax out of your check.
Maybe they tax her for it and never gave her the money.:confused:
Im wondering how this is possible when you should get taxed a higher rate for bonuses :confused:

That Guy
07-01-2004, 10:56 AM
Definitely illegal in CA. Politely tell him you expect your money and if you don't get it talk to the Department of Labor. I hate involving any type of government crap but you have a right to be paid and what he is doing is illegal. pm me if you have questions.

Mandelon
07-01-2004, 10:57 AM
Your boss is a common thief and embezzler, he took YOUR money and spent it on himself.
Give him till next payday to pay you or you are turning him in to his boss's boss's boss.
That dirty mother ****er!!!
Hows that?
:D

KineticoH20
07-01-2004, 11:00 AM
Who would want to work for a scumbag like that! you should have quit 2 months ago!!

YW82DRM
07-01-2004, 11:01 AM
Well the office manager cut him a check for cash for 5000.00 and part of that was to pay me..... He went and spent the money and told her that he gave me 1000.00 of it to cover his ass when he didn't give me crap. So when she did payroll she taxed me on 1000 bonus....... I just sent him an e-mail that explained my frustration and asked again not to put me off........ I am going for an interview tonight but I think I am more pissed off about the situation......... He just came in my office and saw me on the forum and asked why I wasn't working... My answer"I don't get paid when I do so I thought I would mentally take the day off" He asked if I was off again tomorrow and I said maybe. He said what do you work 4 10 hour days now and I said I would rather have your schedule....4 1 hour days...... Where is he now??? Golfing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1

YW82DRM
07-01-2004, 11:03 AM
I have worked for this company for 5 years now and the thought of starting over in a new area (I just moved here) is kind a scarey.(SP) I am looking though.....:(

TIBURON
07-01-2004, 11:03 AM
Ya thats pretty Dirty....
He has to pay.....

HCS
07-01-2004, 11:04 AM
Take his golf clubs and hawk em!
That will slow him down.

YW82DRM
07-01-2004, 11:11 AM
Well if I didn't have that little angel on my left shoulder I would reveal him but unfortunately I do... So if anyone is looking to hire a competant individual who is a hard worker and loyal(almost too loyal) let me know:D
Meanwhile I will be on the boards boycotting work!

Mandelon
07-01-2004, 11:17 AM
At a minimum go to accounting and have them redo the amounts and tell them you did not receive the money. To hell with the consequences.
As far as the forum goes tell him you are taking a break or lunch, which you are legally entitled to.
Does you company have a no internet browsing policy?

Mrs. Psycho Squid
07-01-2004, 11:20 AM
Make it the Office Manager's problem. What she did was illegal. She cannot tax you for money she put on someone else's check, regardless if he paid you or not. Tell her that you want the money that you were taxed for and if you do not get it by the end of the day you are going to the labor board. It sounds like you've already had hard words so why not some more? Then back it up. If you don't have the money in your hands - CALL THE EDD! Their web site is www.edd.ca.gov They should have contact numbers there.

spectratoad
07-01-2004, 11:20 AM
SOunds like you should do what Mandelon says and get to the office manager. Or go talk to the office manager and tell her that you got taxed on the $1K but never saw it and then let your boss do the explaining. Put him on the spot.
Then go pawn his golf clubs:D

Pointerman
07-01-2004, 11:21 AM
Careful, you might get yourself fired. While you could cause a lot of problems for your boss you should generally avoid unemployment. I find it much more profitable to have a job. :D
Anyway, I would just do my work and escalate the situation. If he did what you say he did then he will likely get fired.

HCS
07-01-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Mrs. Petrofied
Make it the Office Manager's problem. What she did was illegal. She cannot tax you for money she put on someone else's check, regardless if he paid you or not. Tell her that you want the money that you were taxed for and if you do not get it by the end of the day you are going to the labor board. It sounds like you've already had hard words so why not some more? Then back it up. If you don't have the money in your hands - CALL THE EDD! Their web site is edd.ca.gov They should have contact numbers there.
Good idea.......

YW82DRM
07-01-2004, 11:27 AM
What pointer man said is kind of where am at... As bad as I want to have a hissy fit and I DO I have priorities........ I do beleive in the whole kharma thing so I know his time will come.... It's just a shitty situation and I feel like whining about it.......
It just sucks that there are people working really hard out there and with taxes taking half my check already to make sure everyone else is taken care of(Which is kinda crazy. If I became a drunk I could collect some of my tax dollars back) I certianly don't need anyone else taking..... Sometimes I just feel like I am going to go postal....... But I gotta tell you in a sappy girlie kind of way I have been much more entertained and happy since finding HOT boats!:D
Could I be any cheezier>

1stepcloser
07-01-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by YW82DRM
The office manager cut him a check for cash for 5000.00 and part of that was to pay me..... He told her that he gave me 1000.00 of it when he didn't give me crap, So when she did payroll she taxed me on $1000.00.......
Go to the payroll dept and explain that you never got anything from him, and follow that up with a trip to Human Resource's.
That's sounds like embezzlement.

HCS
07-01-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by 1stepcloser
Go to the payroll dept and explain that you never got anything from him, and follow that up with a trip to Human Resource's.
That's sounds like embezzlement.
The guy is a rat. To say the least.

Mrs. Psycho Squid
07-01-2004, 11:35 AM
Just out of curiosity how big is the company? Do you have payroll & human resources or is it a smaller - office manager does it all type of place?

1stepcloser
07-01-2004, 11:39 AM
What pointer man said is kind of where am at... As bad as I want to have a hissy fit, and I DO, I have priorities.
:confused: You're not just gonna lay down and accept this are you? Are you kidding?:confused: Dont be a patsy, or you'll continue to get taken advantage of.
I do beleive in the whole kharma thing so I know his time will come.
Karma? Sure, what goes around comes around. Tell that to your mortgage holder.
You need to take care of this matter pronto.
If you wind up being termed by that crook, you're better off in the long run to change jobs now, rather than later.

topless
07-01-2004, 11:43 AM
What goes around comes around true. You need to make sure it comes back around to him asap. He will continue to take advantage because obviously he can! What a creep! If you do get fired, can we say wrongful termination?

Ziggy
07-01-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Mandelon
Give him till next payday to pay you or you are turning him in to his boss's boss's boss.
Totally illegal what he's done but Mandelon puts forth a good point...Talk to the office manager 1st then his real boss(if he has one) ---the wife:D

YW82DRM
07-01-2004, 11:51 AM
Well I am definetly not going to lie down... and I haven't but I also don't want to get ran over by corporate.... If he even thinks of firing me.... it's on like donkey kong....I'll keep you posted because I just sent the following e-mail:
Hmmm so let me guess,,,,,.
Wayne’s coming in tomorrow therefore I am going to be put off again??????
I won’t need a tt or 5w anymore either…..
I hope you understand that this isn’t personal and it isn’t a reflection of how I feel towards you but I really can’t be put off anymore. #1 It isn’t right.( When a saleman is told a spiff is coming they get it in cash or on their check… why am I different? #2 I have things I need to do which I am sure you can understand. #3 I earned it!
Please don’t put me off and please don’t forget!
Oh it's on!!!!

MagicMtnDan
07-01-2004, 11:51 AM
I hope you feel better about yourself than is reflected by the way you let others treat you.
You are a good person with high ethical standards and you should not accept this kind of treatment.
1. Demand that you get paid the full amount owed to you.
2. Explain to the scumbag who owes you that what he has done is unethical and illegal and you will report him if he does not make good.
3. Report him after the deadline anyway. He's an unethical scumbag and the company needs to know that.
4. Look for a new job. You should've done this some time ago. There is no reason to continue to put yourself in a position where you're treated like this. You deserve better and if you don't take care of yourself who will?!
Good luck. Don't let the turkeys get you down.

Mrs. Restless22
07-01-2004, 11:54 AM
YW82DRM who did you write that letter to?

YW82DRM
07-01-2004, 11:57 AM
I guess I have an issue with caring for people and trying to be understanding. I always try to find the good in most situations but this is one that I just can't let fly and I am not I just want to make sure that I am not off my rocker and that I have grounds to stand on if I need to. Not to mention I am trying to build a new house so quitting today isn't an option. :( Thanks for your support and for caring. I can't wait to meet all of you! :p

YW82DRM
07-01-2004, 11:57 AM
I wrote that letter to my boss... He hasn't responded yet

topless
07-01-2004, 11:59 AM
Do you really think he will respond? Isn't he golfing?

Mrs. Psycho Squid
07-01-2004, 12:00 PM
Who's Wayne? Is that his boss?? or the company owner??

1stepcloser
07-01-2004, 12:02 PM
Good for you.
BTW, whats a "tt" and a "5w"?

YW82DRM
07-01-2004, 12:03 PM
Well I have to be vague just in case but he is the head hancho
He will respond because he is one of those who hate when people are mad at him. I am such a sucker for excuses I could kick myself in the ass. AHHHH

YW82DRM
07-01-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by 1stepcloser
Good for you.
BTW, whats a "tt" and a "5w"?
Sorry it's a 5th wheel or travel trailer...

Mrs. Restless22
07-01-2004, 12:05 PM
Ok well since you posted that letter to all of us, Im gonna ask.
Why would you need a TT or 5W? And what does that have to do with your bonus?
Who is Wayne and why do you ask if you are going to be put off again on Waynes behalf???:confused:

little rowe boat
07-01-2004, 12:54 PM
Sorry it's a 5th wheel or travel trailer...
Do you work for a manufacturer of Rv's or a retailer.
I am asking because my wife works on the coorporate campus of a Rv manufacturer.

Screaming Pete
07-01-2004, 01:04 PM
Didn't you say the money was spent on a Boat. whats the problem,, Just kidding I would bet he has a gambling problem, You should deman that cash today that's messed up. Is this in san diego I'll talk to the A## hole if you want :mad:

YW82DRM
07-01-2004, 01:08 PM
Work for a dealer.. in a nor cal...... Can't say which one though until this is handled

superdave013
07-01-2004, 01:21 PM
Well I am definetly not going to lie down... and I haven't but I also don't want to get ran over by corporate.... If he even thinks of firing me.... it's on like donkey kong....I'll keep you posted because I just sent the following e-mail:
Hmmm so let me guess,,,,,.
Wayne’s coming in tomorrow therefore I am going to be put off again??????
I won’t need a tt or 5w anymore either…..
I hope you understand that this isn’t personal and it isn’t a reflection of how I feel towards you but I really can’t be put off anymore. #1 It isn’t right.( When a saleman is told a spiff is coming they get it in cash or on their check… why am I different? #2 I have things I need to do which I am sure you can understand. #3 I earned it!
Please don’t put me off and please don’t forget!
Oh it's on!!!!
One #3 you did more then just earn it. YOU PAID TAXES ON IT!!!

NorCal Gameshow
07-01-2004, 01:44 PM
See related threads on r.v. dealers....:(
I agree with what was said about seeing the manager..
Keep looking for another job though.. the boss ultimately let this happen...not a good place to work...

topless
07-01-2004, 01:49 PM
Why did they give HIM the money to give to you in the first place? Why not just give it to you directly or does he pay from his bonus and allocate it to who he wants to?:confused:

CA Stu
07-01-2004, 02:40 PM
Paint "My Litttle Friend" on his boat and post his address on the board....
Cheers
CA Stu

blueman
07-01-2004, 09:50 PM
Yeeeeee Haaaawwww!!!!!!! Good One.:D

CAHotRodBoy
07-02-2004, 06:00 AM
He just came in my office and saw me on the forum and asked why I wasn't working... My answer"I don't get paid when I do so I thought I would mentally take the day off" He asked if I was off again tomorrow and I said maybe. He said what do you work 4 10 hour days now and I said I would rather have your schedule....4 1 hour days...... Where is he now??? Golfing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1
This is the wrong approach! Now he has grounds to terminate your employment.
Here’s what your should write, addressed to your boss and CC the office manager:
Dear Phucktard (put boss name here):
On March (fill in date) you committed to compensate me for additional work in the amount of a $1000 bonus. On (fill in date) payroll taxes were deducted from my paycheck but I never received the $1000. Please include the bonus in my next paycheck or issue me a separate check (do not accept cash as he could come back and claim he gave you more than $1K) at the next pay period. If, for some reason you are reneging on your promise and will not pay me the bonus please inform me as to why and reimburse me for the deducted taxes.
Thank you for your prompt attention.
Sincerely,
XXX
Do not include any additional information or address any other issues ( TT’s and 5W’s?). It will only confuse things and give him an avenue to skirt the real issue, the $1K.

Mrs. Psycho Squid
07-02-2004, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by CAHotRodBoy
Here’s what your should write, addressed to your boss and CC the office manager:
On March (fill in date) you committed to compensate me for additional work in the amount of a $1000 bonus. On (fill in date) payroll taxes were deducted from my paycheck but I never received the $1000. Please include the bonus in my next paycheck or issue me a separate check (do not accept cash as he could come back and claim he gave you more than $1K) at the next pay period. If, for some reason you are reneging on your promise and will not pay me the bonus please inform me as to why and reimburse me for the deducted taxes.
Sincerely,
XXX
Do not include any additional information or address any other issues ( TT’s and 5W’s?). It will only confuse things and give him an avenue to skirt the real issue, the $1K.
Well said, I couldn't agree with you more. YW82DRM - I hope you take hotrodboy's advice!

Mandelon
07-02-2004, 07:23 AM
I don't see how he can even hint at firing you now. He stole your money............at least "misappropriated" your money. Temporarily diverted your money.....
They are in a passel of shit over there, making illegal deductions out of your check, paying cash to managers, etc.
I'd give the boss a week to come clean and let him know that you would then go to the office manager, or at least send her a memo requesting your tax charges be reversed and that they be put on the boss instead. And that you will be CC'ing some upper management folks on it.....

YW82DRM
07-02-2004, 08:00 AM
He has until Monday or I am out. I am making some calls today to hopefully fufill new employment as soon as I can.... I guess I never realized how screwed up the situation really was until I had your feedback......
Oh ya and to top off everything I had my windows tinted yesterday on my BRAND new Monte Carlo official pace car..... and a 2 year old could have done a better job. I took it to a reputable shop and paid good money and then I roll down the windows and to my suprise the tint stops 1/2 from the top and isn't even a straight cut.,.... I pitty the person that F%^ks with me today folks......... I am one pissed off woman right now......... :mad:

bonesfab
07-02-2004, 08:47 AM
can we say P.M.S.?????watch out!!!!:D

topless
07-02-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by CAHotRodBoy
Sincerely,
XXX
If I ever need a letter written, I know who to ask. This sounds like the best advise yet.:)

YW82DRM
07-02-2004, 12:19 PM
I GOT MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

topless
07-02-2004, 12:24 PM
Good Girl!:D

Her454
07-02-2004, 12:36 PM
You can now address your check payable to CAHOTRODBOY in the amount of..........................:):)

little rowe boat
07-02-2004, 01:26 PM
Congrats,now quit.

YW82DRM
07-02-2004, 01:31 PM
I am going for an interview at 3 pm.... I am really nervous,....... I bought a new car in August 03 and this place has called me once a month offering a job for a year now........ EEEEEK! I am really scared. I think all to often we get comfortable where we are at in our lives, jobs ect.... That the thought of change is a bit scary. Say a prayer for me! ;)

bonesfab
07-02-2004, 01:33 PM
congrats now turn them fockers in to the state just for good measure...

HCS
07-02-2004, 01:36 PM
Us it for leverage to get a rise. Then if they don't give you one, quit.
Next time make sure the bafoon gives you the money you earned and deserve.

topless
07-02-2004, 01:37 PM
I would get the new job and on your last day, write a letter to your bosses boss explaining what happened and how long it took you to get your money. That way he won't do it to anyone else.:)

Mandelon
07-02-2004, 01:40 PM
Good luck.
Now post some naked pics will ya ???? :D :D :D

dimarcobros
07-02-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
Good luck.
Now post some naked pics will ya ???? :D :D :D
What he said!!!!!:D :D
DMB

UtlGoa
07-02-2004, 01:49 PM
Someone needs to get laid!!!!!! Might get rid of all that frustration.........:wink:

Mandelon
07-02-2004, 02:29 PM
I agree.

CAHotRodBoy
07-02-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Her454
You can now address your check payable to CAHOTRODBOY in the amount of..........................:):)
Thanks, Her454, but I'll take 10% :D
Good luck on your interview, YW82DRM and congrats on getting your money! Hold your head high and show some self confidence (but arrogance) when you talk to them, It will show that you can be a valuable asset to them.
And take your car back to the tinters and have them fix it! Damn, I hate incompetance and injustice!

CAHotRodBoy
07-02-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by UtlGoa
Someone needs to get laid!!!!!! Might get rid of all that frustration.........:wink:
In addition to letter writing services, I can provide this type of therapy as wel! :D :D :D

UtlGoa
07-02-2004, 05:01 PM
Hey now!!!! No cock blocking ...........lol