PDA

View Full Version : Beware Beck Racing

larryc
07-01-2004, 12:00 PM
Frank Beck. . .Stay away from this person and his business, Beck Racing Engines in Phoenix AZ. I gave Frank Beck $35,000.00 dollars as a deposit on two engines the I never received! As it turns out Mr,. Beck has had plenty of time in the Maricopa Count Superior Court. Here is a listing of judgments and law suites filed against him and his business.
Case # cv2001-003350 Judgments in the Amounts: $266.50 and $600.00 and $51,569.61 including a civil arrest warrant issued on 7/04/02!
Case # cv2004-007223 Filed on 4/14/04
Case # tj2004-002381 Filed by the Arizona State In industrial Commission!
Case # cv 2004-008585 Filed on 4/29/04
Case# tj2003-005449 Filed on 10/29/2003

Outnumbered
07-01-2004, 12:09 PM
That sux. That is a lot of coin for a deposit. I hope you get your money back.
OL

Jordy
07-01-2004, 12:15 PM
As I posted in the other thread I have his home address now if anyone is interested. I'm going to cruise around and see what I can find out.

RiverToysJas
07-01-2004, 12:28 PM
Is there another "Beck" in Az. (not Pheonix area) that is building engines? :confused: Other than Frank Beck's BRE.
RTJas

C.Fisher
07-01-2004, 12:28 PM
Ya know it really makes me wonder WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY THINKING.
That shit is going to catch up with them sometime and if you screw the wrong person they could end up dead? Ill never understand it.
Good luck on getting your money back.

78Eliminator
07-01-2004, 12:29 PM
"Becks a loser baby, so why don't you kill him?" ;) :D
LOL

dmontzsta
07-01-2004, 12:30 PM
That is alot of money to screw out of someone. That sux.

RiverDave
07-01-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by 78Eliminator
"Becks a loser baby, so why don't you kill him?" ;) :D
LOL
LMAO!! :D Now that right there was funny.. LOL
Damn shame, he had a really nice looking catalog as well. :(
I'd like to find out who did those catalogs, they were 1st class.
RD

HCS
07-01-2004, 12:34 PM
Sounds like their pretty screwed up.
Your motor has a problem?
Well, pull it out and send it to us.
Thanks..............:eek:
Never to be herd from agian.

Dave C
07-01-2004, 12:37 PM
funny you say that.... as you may or not know, East Oakland in Norcal can "rival" any good drug dealing neighborhood in LA. They have the daily murder count in the news everday.
anyhow... a local clown engine builder built a motor for the local drug dealer. Drug dealers love to race 5.0's.
Well after it blew up, because the engine sucked, the drug dealer asked for his $ back.
I don't know about you but if a crack dealer asks for his money back.... GIVE IT TO HIM.
well the engine builder did not. They beat the ever loving sh*t out of him on his own front lawn....:eek:

Fiat48
07-01-2004, 12:38 PM
The joys of self employement. :D

Wicky
07-01-2004, 01:37 PM
[i]
I don't know about you but if a crack dealer asks for his money back.... GIVE IT TO HIM.
I bet the crack dealer doesn't wan't Beck dead. Sounds like Beck is probably his best customer. lol. All thieves should DIE!!! Jail obviously doesn't work. Thank you very much.
Mow,
Wicky
[/B]

NorCal Gameshow
07-01-2004, 01:49 PM
I've heard of a deposit as good faith..... but damn, 35 k???
a lesson to be learned by all of us... do research BEFORE handing over 35k:(

Mrs. Psycho Squid
07-01-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
Is there another "Beck" in Az. (not Pheonix area) that is building engines? :confused: Other than Frank Beck's BRE.
RTJas
YES !!!! I was just getting ready to post on this same thing. Ronnie Beck is a motor builder in Arizona. His business name is Beck something?? He is not in Yuma, but somewhere close to it. Now how's that for info! :D :D
Anyway, Ronnie Beck is a real stand up guy that does good work. I know he has built motors for several board members. He boats at Martinez alot. So please don't get the 2 Becks confused. Repeat after me..... Ronnie good.... Frank bad..... Ronnie good.....Frank bad.
:p

Garrddogg
07-01-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by NorCal Gameshow
I've heard of a deposit as good faith..... but damn, 35 k???
a lesson to be learned by all of us... do research BEFORE handing over 35k:( YEAH,thats what I'm thinkin!!big damn deposit:eek:

RiverToysJas
07-01-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Petrofied
YES !!!! I was just getting ready to post on this same thing. Ronnie Beck is a motor builder in Arizona. His business name is Beck something?? He is not in Yuma, but somewhere close to it. Now how's that for info! :D :D
Anyway, Ronnie Beck is a real stand up guy that does good work. I know he has built motors for several board members. He boats at Martinez alot. So please don't get the 2 Becks confused. Repeat after me..... Ronnie good.... Frank bad..... Ronnie good.....Frank bad.
:p
That's the guy! He about 40minutes out of Yuma. My boss is has a motor there right now. So far it's been really great service. Boat and Desert Racing motors are his side business to fixing diesel and farm equipment. He does great work from what I've been told though.
Glad to hear he definately not affiliated with Frank/BRE.
RTJas :D

UBFJ #454
07-01-2004, 03:13 PM
Repeat After Me ... Father ... Son ... Nephew??? ... Same Family??? ...... Find Out For Yourselves.

RiverToysJas
07-01-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by BEAR_454PE
Repeat After Me ... Father ... Son ... Same Family ...... Find Out For Yourselves.
That's what I'm trying to do! http://op6c.com/forums/html/emoticons/bitchslap.gif So they are the same family?!? Are you asking or telling?
I'll tell my boss to flat out ask Ronnie if he's affiliated with Frank. He's pretty happy with Ronnie so far. Ronnie owns a little strip mall where his shop is, so I don't think he's going anywhere fast.

UBFJ #454
07-01-2004, 03:24 PM
We Native Arizona Boys Know Our Becks ... And ... Our Beer (Becks, of Course ... Absolutely Not Related). We Prefer The Latter ...

Dave C
07-01-2004, 03:59 PM
ya $35,000 deposit ..... I hate to see the final invoice amount.
that is one hell of a motor..... dang.:eek: :D

RiverToysJas
07-01-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Dave C
ya $35,000 deposit ..... I hate to see the final invoice amount.
that is one hell of a motor..... dang.:eek: :D
He said that was for two motors. ;) :D

Mrs. Psycho Squid
07-01-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by BEAR_454PE
Repeat After Me ... Father ... Son ... Nephew??? ... Same Family??? ...... Find Out For Yourselves.
Bear, what difference would it make if they were related. Let's say that my Uncle was a dirtbag (he's not,but that's my example). Does that automatically make me a dirtbag too? Ummmm.... NO! I'm not even saying that they are related which is what you are implying but come on!
Anyway, I'm not looking to pick a fight with you but if you have anything negative to say about Ronnie Beck then just spit it out. Don't just judge him because of his last name. I know that Rubberduck just had his motor built by him and seems pleased. I also know that Bottlefed is a real fan.
Mrs. P

Desert Rat
07-04-2004, 09:31 PM
The same guy whos ad appears when you go to Out Drive Tech here on Hot Boat??

OGShocker
07-04-2004, 09:51 PM
He was pushing Dana and others to supply his motors in their boats at the LA Boat Show. He seemed like a snake oil salesman.
Just my .02
OGS

HighRoller
07-06-2004, 06:56 AM
Talked to this creep at the boat show a couple years ago and he dodged every question I had about the specifics of the engine I was looking at. Almost like he didn't know or didn't want to say what was inside it. He just kept reassuring me it "ran great". Anyways, I too found it strange that he has a banner ad in the outdrive section. Maybe somebody(the people he stiffed) should talk to ***boat for some info about his whereabouts because obviously he's still paying them!

Dave C
07-06-2004, 07:25 AM
two motors.... stilll..... dang.
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
He said that was for two motors. ;) :D

larryc
07-09-2004, 12:12 PM
Good things come even after bad deals like this. After Frank burned me for the $35,000 bucks I had to go else wear for power. We have formed an alliance with Steve Schmidt Racing of Indianapolis ID. to supply engines and for E-Ticket to be the sole supplier of these engines to the marine industry. Based on the performance we have seen, it turned out great for us even tough it cost some extra cash. We are working on a Luxury Cat with twin big power from Steve Schmidt, it should be pretty neat.
eticketboats.com