PDA

View Full Version : finally done I hope!

AmericanThunder1
07-01-2004, 07:52 PM
I went out yesterday and it ran real good I hit 4800 rpm and I still have the stock intake and 750 carp I was pleased with that. I did blow apart the alternater belt, I dont think it liked the new rpm thank god I two charged batterys it kept starting but the motor missed alot. I got a new belt today l went to napa and told them I wanted the best he had so we shall see.
Thanks everybody for your help and great ideas. I did have one confusing problem I had more water comming out the port side then I did the starboard side so I took the T valve out and flushed it out then put some oil in it but it looked clean to me. I also tightened up the header bolts I couple that were loose maybe that had somthing to do with it. What do you guys think?
Going back out Saturday.

LVjetboy
07-01-2004, 10:01 PM
Huh?

Sleek26
07-01-2004, 11:12 PM
I've never seen a Boat or Hot Rod that was ever done.
Cool? yes, very cool?? Oh Yea. but done?? HA! NEVER!!!
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession.
I've come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.

Squirtin Thunder
07-02-2004, 12:20 AM
No matter how much time and money you spend you never ever be done.
Jim

AmericanThunder1
07-02-2004, 05:30 AM
This is true. Let me refraze that I am done untill I run it again and something else breaks or I put on another add on!
Did anybody catch that about more water comming out of one header then the other?

Squirtin Thunder
07-02-2004, 09:18 AM
No !!! It slipped right on by !!!!
Make sure that both hoses to the headers are the same length. A very comon problem.

AmericanThunder1
07-02-2004, 09:19 PM
YES, they are the same never had that problem untill this last trip????? weird huh?? rack the brain bro?!:confused:

Sleek26
07-02-2004, 11:19 PM
Maybe some dirt or something in there somewhere?? Lord knows there is a lot of crap in the water these days.

manuel
07-03-2004, 05:22 AM
Mine puts out more water to one side, did it when I got it and after I changed the plumbing, even when the pump was out and we got to play with the engine in the driveway when I turned on the hose and walked to the boat I heard water but only one side then about 10 seconds later the other side started, ?, I have an infrared handheld temp gauge and both sides run pretty even so I don't worry about it.
Are your pulleys smooth ?, no gouges or sharp edges ?, are they in line ?, mines been up to 6100 RPM with no belt problems,