PDA

View Full Version : best way to flip a boat

FlatUgly
07-02-2004, 09:55 AM
painted the boat upside down , now I need a creative way to flip it back on the trailer without scratching the paint???. IM also wondering how to best blend the paint on the bottom with the paint im going to shoot on top once its on the trailer ? Thanks again guys Ryan

Sangster
07-02-2004, 10:42 AM
Push HARD on the UP Pedal... Should flip over by itself..:cool: :cool: :cool:

MAXIMUS
07-02-2004, 12:42 PM
Let hater drive it!:D His brother can film it!:p

uclahater
07-02-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by MAXIMUS
Let hater drive it!:D His brother can film it!:p
I havent cut my leg in half trying to put a starter in and I havent flipped a boat yet:D :cool:
Call Billy B we hooked up to a hoist from the bow eye.Lifted it as high as it would go and three of us flipped it over
Jim

GofastRacer
07-02-2004, 07:26 PM
It's a piece of cake. Take a lenght of rope and double it up, stick it thru the the center drain hole in the transom with a piece of dowel. On the front take a strap and put it thru the bow eye over to one side, slowly lift both ends up and the boat will turn over on it's own!. The wife and I did it with ease!..:cool:

GofastRacer
07-02-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Sangster
That is too funny!.:D :D :D

waterloged
07-03-2004, 03:42 PM
Or, you could buy a bunch of beer for your buddys and they will turn it over for ya!

GofastRacer
07-03-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by waterloged
Or, you could buy a bunch of beer for your buddys and they will turn it over for ya!
Yeah and that could be a sight to see!..:D :D :D

FlatUgly
07-05-2004, 07:01 PM
The problem would be to keep them out of the beer before they flipped the boat, yet still get the job done any ideas mike!!!

Hud
07-05-2004, 07:53 PM
Ask "Casey"- C'mon!!:D :) :) :) :) :) :)

rrrr
07-06-2004, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Sangster
LMAO
:D :D

dmontzsta
07-06-2004, 08:17 AM
Some good info here, me and my dad were talking about how to flip it over, in our garage. :)

HM
07-06-2004, 09:27 AM
I used two genie lifts. Hooked one to the bow eye (make sure your bow eye is secure and reinforced). Used a 3 inch wide tow strap around the stern and flipped it myself - and that boat weighed 1000 lbs. Oh, used a come-along ratcheting cable and attached one end to the end of the cav bar and the other to the genie lift to do the actual flipping. Also used soft towells on the tow strap so not to scratch as the boat turned and slid on the tow strap.
I almost hate doing jobs like this with a bunch of people around, because the tendacy is to muscle it. I like to do it myself, and engineer the best way that uses the least amount of human muscle.

MAXIMUS
07-08-2004, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by uclahater
I havent cut my leg in half trying to put a starter in and I havent flipped a boat yet:D :cool:
Call Billy B we hooked up to a hoist from the bow eye.Lifted it as high as it would go and three of us flipped it over
Jim
Doohhhh!!!:rolleyes: