PDA

View Full Version : My wife got a no seat belt ticket

adsala
07-02-2004, 10:10 PM
$86 ticket. Then two days later I got a ticket for not wearing a seat belt! And what pisses me off is that I always tell my wife to wear her seat belt. The one time I forgot to put mine on, I get tagged! geez. Then the cop rubs it in my face and tells me that he is very serious when it comes to seat belts. Plus he almost ran me off the road trying to pull me over. Rookie!
I also heard on the news today that they are tagging drivers going one mile over the speed limit this weekend. Don't you just love those rule enforcers! I would never be a cop. Never!

Red Eye
07-02-2004, 10:11 PM
Somebody has to do the job.

clownpuncher
07-02-2004, 10:12 PM
You're pissed at the cops for doing there job?

Red Eye
07-02-2004, 10:17 PM
I don't get it. Here's someone that complains about getting seatbelt tickets, but the job doesn't only consist of that. The same cop that gave you the ticket could be the same cop that stops someone from kidnapping your kid or saving you life. Small price to pay for someone that could potentially risk their life for someone they don't give a shit about.

HighRoller
07-02-2004, 10:20 PM
Got news for you ADSALA...even if you're going 1mph over the speed limit, YOU'RE STILL SPEEDING DUMBASS! Just because people think they have the right to speed doesn't mean they do. If you can't figure out that 56 is more than 55, you deserve a ticket.

adsala
07-02-2004, 10:29 PM
I know, I know the cops are doing their job. I was just upset at the time. The cops have to face a lot of difficult situations. That's why I would not want to be one. My uncle was a cop for 20 years. Now his hand is all messed up from grabbing aholes by the neck to bring them down. Now he is a total alcoholic. I blame it from the stress of the job. It's very rough work. He's totally cool though. Lots of great stories.
I just wish the the cop that pulled me over was more forgiving. I'm a good citizen. And it was waste of our time. He should have been sitting on my street looking for speeders going by at 60+.

Tom Brown
07-02-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by HighRoller
...even if you're going 1mph over the speed limit, YOU'RE STILL SPEEDING DUMBASS!
Good point, dumbass.

adsala
07-02-2004, 10:37 PM
Got news for you ADSALA...even if you're going 1mph over the speed limit, YOU'RE STILL SPEEDING DUMBASS! Just because people think they have the right to speed doesn't mean they do. If you can't figure out that 56 is more than 55, you deserve a ticket.
You don't have to call me dumbass. I've been fighting a speeding problem with a commitee on our street for 3 years and the cops say they don't pull anyone over up to 11 miles over the speed limit. It would be too much to enforce 1 mile over. So they let it go to 11 over. Bringing it down to 1mph over the limit is going to keep them busy. They can't do it. People speed. That's it.
You misunderstood me completely. That's the problem with forums sometimes.

CA Stu
07-02-2004, 10:38 PM
Moral to the story: Wear your seatbelt.
Next case!!!
Thanks
CA Stu
PS Happy belated Canada Day
I sang as much of "O Canada" as I could remember and made my kids weep in your honor.
PPS Socialized medicine sucks!!
;)

Tom Brown
07-02-2004, 10:40 PM
I'd just like to type 'dumbass' one more time before I exit this thread.

CA Stu
07-02-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by adsala
So they let it go to 11 over.
"No, they go to 11. They're one louder..."
Now I'm going to go have a beer and watch Spinal Tap at full volume on my DVD!!!!
Hello Cleveland!
Cheers
CA Stu

CA Stu
07-02-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
I'd just like to type 'dumbass' one more time before I exit this thread.
Don't hate...., appreciate!
Thanks
CA Stu

HighRoller
07-02-2004, 10:44 PM
Umm....you got a ticket for breaking the law...deal with it..... and the sign says 55 not 66 no matter what the cop says. DUH:rolleyes:

eliot
07-02-2004, 10:45 PM
1mph???? Give me a break, how many speedometers are accurate to 1mph.....they're using it as pc to stop you and check for dui

adsala
07-02-2004, 10:54 PM
You guys are rude. Cops love that! Will bust your head on their hood. I've seen it done with just a little attitude. Don't give them attitude like you are here or else.
Yes, wear your seatbelt. I do. Man how rude. I was just trying to vent my frustration. No simpathy at all. Are you guys cops?

HighRoller
07-02-2004, 10:54 PM
Hmmm....and if you're not drunk what do you have to worry about? DUH! Here's your sign!

Tom Brown
07-02-2004, 10:57 PM
Are you guys cops?
No but HighRoller stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

adsala
07-02-2004, 10:59 PM
No but HighRoller stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
hehe

clownpuncher
07-02-2004, 11:06 PM
You guys are rude. Cops love that! Will bust your head on their hood. I've seen it done with just a little attitude. Don't give them attitude like you are here or else.
Yes, wear your seatbelt. I do. Man how rude. I was just trying to vent my frustration. No simpathy at all. Are you guys cops?
Take it easy adsala. I don't think anyone meant any harm to ya. Most of us on Hb are strong supporters of our LE. In fact, there are quite a few regular members here that are cops. The cops are good guys and we tend to stick up for them when we feel they're about to get a bashing. I'm thinking you might have ruffled a few feathers, that's all.
Hey ya'll - speaking of cops................
Question - What''s the difference between cops and firemen?
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
Answer - Firemen never wanted to be cops :D :D :D

adsala
07-02-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by clownpuncher
Take it easy adsala. I don't think anyone meant any harm to ya. Most of us on Hb are strong supporters of our LE. In fact, there are quite a few regular members here that are cops. The cops are good guys and we tend to stick up for them when we feel they're about to get a bashing. I'm thinking you might have ruffled a few feathers, that's all.
No hard feelings. I just wish that we had some enforcement where that poor girl and her friends got beat up at Havasu last weekend.
It was just a seatbelt ticket. No speeding. I've never been in trouble. So please don't get the wrong impression about me. I'm in my 40's have kids and a beautiful wife. I love boats and having just found out about HB, has really helped me with boat problems.

Outnumbered
07-03-2004, 12:14 AM
No hard feelings. I just wish that we had some enforcement where that poor girl and her friends got beat up at Havasu last weekend.
It was just a seatbelt ticket. No speeding. I've never been in trouble. So please don't get the wrong impression about me. I'm in my 40's have kids and a beautiful wife. I love boats and having just found out about HB, has really helped me with boat problems.
Don't let these guys get under you skin, they just like to stir up the shit. Welcome to the boards.
BTW, I support LE, even donate to some of their charities etc. But seatbelt and insurance tickets are a waste of time unless they are used as probable cause. My wife got an insurance ticket in our new truck for not having the paper/card in the glove box at one of those check points. Tried to expain that she couldn't have bought the thing without POI but that didn't work. Had to go to court and bring in the POI.. what a waste of good resources. Too many dirtbags out there to be picking on soccer moms with kids in the back driving brand new $40k trucks.
Oh yea...Highroller, you forgot to welcome adsala to the boards...DUMBASS.:eek:
OL

MagicMtnDan
07-03-2004, 04:05 AM
Sure cops have lousy jobs. They gotta give people like you tickets for not wearing their seatbelts. And they gotta show up at accident scenes where cars have rolled over on top of the driver and passengers who were ejected because they didn't wear their seat belts. You ever see bodies that have been crushed to death from rollovers? That's the part of the cops job that sucks.
Oh, and another part is when a cop chases some scum bag who has a long criminal record, has broken 14 laws in a pursuit, endangering the lives of civilians and law enforcement and then the cop cracks the guy and it's recorded by some dumbass with a video camera so the politicians and news media can analyze it in slow motion. But that's another story...

Bow Tie Omega
07-03-2004, 06:05 AM
I have a good ticket story to tell....I was cruising south on the 15 in March, you know that stretch between Corona and Elsinore, well they were having one of their bi-annual ticket marathons that they have there. Well I was pulled over for doing 80 in a 70, guilty as charged. The officer was really nice actually. There was no point in fighting it, I knew what I was doing. So we got to talking, I was a mess, we had a 12 inch main rupture and it hosed me down. Well, he must have felt bad, because when I called the court house to pay for the ticket, there was no record of the ticket. My court date was May 28 and as of 2 days ago I still have no ticket on record according to the court house and the DMV. You see, it pays to be respectful to our law enforcement friends.

goneboatin
07-03-2004, 06:08 AM
$86 ticket. Then two days later I got a ticket for not wearing a seat belt! And what pisses me off is that I always tell my wife to wear her seat belt. The one time I forgot to put mine on, I get tagged! geez.
No seatbelt - no sympathy.

Mandelon
07-03-2004, 06:25 AM
UM.....it is customary to post pics of the wife.......:cool: Welcome to the boards. And I apologize on behalf of Highroller, sometimes he can be such a sanctimonious prick. :D

ratso
07-03-2004, 06:41 AM
I believe adsala said he always wears his seatbelt, he just forgot this one time... Funny all the bashing that goes on by a bunch of pussies hiding behind a keyboard, and all the name calling. Welcome to the boards adsala, and sorry about your ticket. I never wear my seatbelt BTW...

Tom Brown
07-03-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by ratso
Funny all the bashing that goes on by a bunch of pussies hiding behind a keyboard...
That's it, Ratso. It's on! :mad:

GlastronGuy
07-03-2004, 08:50 AM
Good point, dumbass.
Are you being salty?

Tom Brown
07-03-2004, 08:53 AM
By the way Ratso, you should wear your seat belt. If not for yourself, do it for the people who care about you.
If you were killed in a wreck, I'd have to find someone else to call on from two thousand miles away. :D

Tom Brown
07-03-2004, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by GlastronGuy
Are you being salty?
Kinda. :D

RUCAV
07-03-2004, 09:04 AM
I have NEVER heard or seen someone I work with write someone a ticket for 1 mile an hour over the limit. That officer cant really follow you around to know that you usually wear your belt but this one time you didnt.

Mr.Havasu
07-03-2004, 09:11 AM
Just be glad it wasn't in Downey. I got one once on the 605 and they made me attend a 2 hour class in addition to the fine!
Click on, Clik off, click on, click off, click on, click off for 2 hours!
Did I learn my lesson? worked for a month or two:D

ratso
07-03-2004, 09:28 AM
By the way Ratso, you should wear your seat belt. If not for yourself, do it for the people who care about you.
If you were killed in a wreck, I'd have to find someone else to call on from two thousand miles away. :D
Damn, that brought a tear to my eye Tom...

Tom Brown
07-03-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by ratso
Damn, that brought a tear to my eye Tom...
Of course, if you were badly crippled but not killed, I'd call you on even more.

adsala
07-03-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by RUCAV
I have NEVER heard or seen someone I work with write someone a ticket for 1 mile an hour over the limit. That officer cant really follow you around to know that you usually wear your belt but this one time you didnt.
I found it hard to believe the 1 mile over ticketing. Sometimes the media really has a way with manipulating the public. Someone must have got the great idea to get the media to report ticketing at 1 mile over to scare drivers into slowing down on the roads this weekend. It'll probably work too!
My hand is very red now being slapped so many times for not wearing a seat belt. I get the point.
Wow.. some of you guys have a lot of posts!

GlastronGuy
07-03-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by RUCAV
Right now on Interstste 80, here in CA, there is a zero tolerance policy in effect. 66 mph gets you a ticket. 56 if you are towing your boat.

GlastronGuy
07-03-2004, 10:07 AM
I went to the CHP site to see if they have a press release for the Zero Tolerance campaign. I haven't found it yet, but check out their home page:
Make sure your speakers are on... (http://www.chp.ca.gov/)

GlastronGuy
07-03-2004, 10:09 AM
This is an older release. This new campaign extends from SF to the state line.
http://www.sacbee.com/content/community_news/placer/story/9742868p-10665814c.html

Ziggy
07-03-2004, 11:01 AM
I just wish the the cop that pulled me over was more forgiving. I'm a good citizen. And it was waste of our time. He should have been sitting on my street looking for speeders going by at 60+.
A waste of time??? Well maybe he prevented you from a accident by stopping you....there are better reasons to get pissed than that, c'mon.

leibniz
07-03-2004, 11:33 AM
Most of the replies indicate no sympathy for going 1 mph over the speed limit. Get real. EVERYONE goes over the speed limit at some time or another. Most people just don't get stopped for it.
However, I think the idea that most people missed is that there is often DISCRETION where the police are concerned. Police are humans too, and subject to mood swings and attitude problems; just like the rest of us.
I've seen police here WATCH as people trail through red lights and drive right past stop signs. And they don't bother to stop them. Why? Who knows. Moral: just because police have an obligation to stop anyone they see breaking the law, doesn't mean that they also have the interest or desire to do so.
You're right. The law is the law, and if you are driving 1 mph over the speed limit and get stopped and ticketed; that's life. But if you're going to stop someone for going 1 mph over the speed limit, then stop EVERYONE going 1 mph over the speed limit [that you see] and stop EVERYONE for the meagre and innocent, but technically illegal, actions of 'slow and go' through a stop sign or trailing through red lights.
It's not a perfect system, but it should at least be consistent. What's good for one should be good for all.
Just my $0.02.

leibniz
07-03-2004, 11:40 AM
Get back to work on your boat and stop padding the long distance phone bill!
:D

RacerX
07-03-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by leibniz
Most of the replies indicate no sympathy for going 1 mph over the speed limit. Get real. EVERYONE goes over the speed limit at some time or another. Most people just don't get stopped for it.
However, I think the idea that most people missed is that there is often DISCRETION where the police are concerned. Police are humans too, and subject to mood swings and attitude problems; just like the rest of us.
I've seen police here WATCH as people trail through red lights and drive right past stop signs. And they don't bother to stop them. Why? Who knows. Moral: just because police have an obligation to stop anyone they see breaking the law, doesn't mean that they also have the interest or desire to do so.
You're right. The law is the law, and if you are driving 1 mph over the speed limit and get stopped and ticketed; that's life. But if you're going to stop someone for going 1 mph over the speed limit, then stop EVERYONE going 1 mph over the speed limit [that you see] and stop EVERYONE for the meagre and innocent, but technically illegal, actions of 'slow and go' through a stop sign or trailing through red lights.
It's not a perfect system, but it should at least be consistent. What's good for one should be good for all.
Just my $0.02.
Nice concept but not possible at all.....
You never know what the cops mindset is when he sees a violation and lets it go. We generally don't conduct a traffic stop if we're on our way to a radio call. We NEVER make a traffic stop going to a cover call. We rarely make a traffic stop wehn we're on our way to go eat and we NEVER make a traffic stop when we're on our way to take a "grumpy".:D
For what it's worth, most guys I know won't write a speeding ticket for less than 10-15 over and I know one guy that hasn't written a single traffic ticket in over 6 years. He pulls people over but uses the stop as "probable cause" to dig for other stuff. So much for the quota argument eh?:eek:

leibniz
07-03-2004, 12:24 PM
just another 2 copper lincolns, but...
I think the quota thing is an interal (to the police force) idea that's off and on, relative to how busy the system is. If the system is busy catching criminals, then there's no time for minor traffic stops. OTOH, quiet times might escalate the priority of minor traffic incidents to a more important level.
I guess in the end, from the citizen's side of things, it's a gamble. You are free to not wear my seatbelt, but if you get caught, you have to pay. Society's rules.
Even Murphy could use some timely discretion when he gets stopped for not wearing a seat belt.
Oh well, what can you do?

Ziggy
07-03-2004, 12:28 PM
The funniest ticket I've seen was one of my employees...He was ticketed for driving to slow--LOL Funny when you think about us complaining of the 1mph over dealio.

ratso
07-03-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Ziggy
The funniest ticket I've seen was one of my employees...He was ticketed for driving to slow--LOL Funny when you think about us complaining of the 1mph over dealio.
I wished they would give out more tickets like that...those people probably cause more road rage than the fast drivers...

riverbound
07-03-2004, 01:42 PM
I got pulled over a couple of weeks ago because the cop couldnt see in my windows to see if I was wearing my seatbelt. Lucky for me because my wife was not wearing hers. I got off for $10 fix it ticket for tint:D

ratso
07-03-2004, 01:53 PM
I paid a $70 ticket for tint but never changed mine, only been harassed once about it...

SandbarScot
07-03-2004, 04:47 PM
<----- 17 year cop who NEVER wanted to be a fireman.
My observation is that California has 31 million people who complain about the other drivers and always wonder where the cops are when some a-hole needs a ticket...but none of them deserve a ticket themselves!
Another observation: of all the dead bodies I've seen at traffic collisions, and there have been so many that I can not remember them all, about 90 % involved excessive speed, alcohol consumption, or no seatbelts. A lot had all three of those factors, a fatal combo. The other 10% are mostly motorcycle crashes.

Krazy K
07-03-2004, 04:53 PM
Umm....you got a ticket for breaking the law...deal with it..... and the sign says 55 not 66 no matter what the cop says. DUH:rolleyes:
And I'm sure you pay attention to the speed limit going up or down the grade from Sylvan, right??? Just checking!:D :D :wink: :wink:

ahhell
07-03-2004, 05:06 PM
I cant tell you the number of dead bodies that come into the ER where i work, most of them kids, that were just out in the Desert speeding on a dirt road, lost control, rolled and ejected...4 or 5 in the last month, i could research the names if you'd like!!! Its just a click, and if you should have the misfortune of an accident you may live. Sorry for the downer, but I was scarred many years ago, got called in to do a CAT scan on a 16 y/o girl whos head was crushed by the vehicle she was riding in, ejected and rolled over. you could almost make out the facial features...nightmares for weeks...or longer.
have fun, Be safe...your kids will thank you;)

Dan Lorenze
07-03-2004, 05:22 PM
Last year I was driving to work towing my boat, at 6am I got pulled over by a Burbank motor cop, I was doing everything right..... This cop had the biggest attitude, I was as polite as could be ie.. "yes sir", "no sir"... he was a total a-hole... He told me he pulled me over because I had a cable for a safety instead of a chain link on my trailer.... I told him that the DMV said it was okay to use a cable, he said "that won't help you now"... I said yes sir... He went back to his bike and dug out the VC... He was pissed and told me that I was correct..... He then tested all of my lights on the trailer, and looked at all of my paperwork on my truck,boat and trailer... I had to tell the Cop the what was legal, he didn't know his job... He left without saying anything to me..
I have always supported cops, but this guy's was an asshole...
This episode changed the way I feel about cops... Sorry...:yuk: