PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Spots

goneboatin
07-04-2004, 12:12 PM
Recently when we pull the clothes out of the washer they have these mystery spots that look like "fish kisses". It's driving me and the wife nuts. I took out the agitator and cleaned all the goop from fabric softener hoping that would do the trick, but no avail.
Have any of you laundry do-ers run into this problem? I'm ready to buy a new washer aaarrggh :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mandelon
07-04-2004, 12:31 PM
Did ya check the pockets? :D Sounds like a misplaced chapstick.....
Have you tried running it a few times empty......?

OGShocker
07-04-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by goneboatin
Have any of you laundry do-ers run into this problem?
I'll go ask the mrs..
Why is she laughing?:mad:

goneboatin
07-04-2004, 10:27 PM
I ran the washer empty a few times after I cleaned the agitator. I've looked all through the washer to find where the spots could come from, but everythings clean. I've looked in the dryer and can't see anything that would leave these stupid black "fish kisses" that are pissing me off.:mad: :mad: :mad: !

Huckleberry
07-05-2004, 03:29 AM
How big are the spots?

Floored
07-05-2004, 05:57 AM
fill the washer with water and soap like normal without clothes and let it run 4-5 minutes. shut it off and let it sit 5 min and see what is floating on top. maybe a seal between gearbox and pump? just guessing not a Hi-Perf washer mech:confused: just shootin ideas:rolleyes:

GlastronGuy
07-05-2004, 08:15 AM
Is the coating on the tub worn through in places?

AZKC
07-05-2004, 09:29 AM
The power of the boards:D

goneboatin
07-06-2004, 09:33 AM
Problem solved!
The spots are from the dryer. You see there's a gasket that goes between the back panel and the drum. As the clothes are tumbled, along the bottom the clothes get caught along that little reveal that closes tight at the bottom off to the right, pinches the clothes and leaves a mark that looks "fish kisses". The repair dude has been called.
Thanks for your ideas and comments.
GB