PDA

View Full Version : Its a nice place to visit,.... but,

TRG
07-04-2004, 09:52 PM
"do i really want to live here?"
the wife and i have been talking lately about where we would move to if the chance came up!
We are getting real sick of the cost to live in the sunny state of California, so i bring this up to you all!... where do you live? and why do you prefer to stay?
we are taking into acct. that we need to be in a business comunity for my wife would still like to work for a bit, and i can still do fiberglass work!
any help would be deeply appreciated!
thanks, Todd and juzz and savanah!

Some Kind Of Monster
07-04-2004, 10:21 PM
I live in Mesa Arizona. The heat radiates off all the concrete like a super oven, there are no trees, we are smog infested, hours away from any of the "big" lakes, noone speaks English, traffic is horrible, gas is expensive, and most of the people that I run into love to live here. Did I mention the heat? Go figure.

Misogynist
07-04-2004, 10:26 PM
You forgot to mention the scorpions.... gotta love those scorpions if you live in Mesa.....:cool:

Bow Tie Omega
07-04-2004, 10:28 PM
Well, I just left Temecula exactly one week ago. With the exception of my time in the Navy, I have lived in either Mission Viejo or Temecula my entire life. The wife and I have just purchased a home in Queen Creek, Az. It is 25 miles SE of Downtown Phoenix. While it is a bit warm (107 today), other then that it is a very nice place to live. Imagine a master planned community (Power Ranch) with a golf course (if you play) surrounded by ranches and farm land. It is a bit slower here, but a very pleasant change. So far I have met neighbors from Cerritos, Torrey Pines, Scripps Ranch, Irvine and Glendora. The wife and I missed the boat on a home purchase in SoCal before all heck broke loose with the housing market. Everyone I met from SoCal have owned there, cashed out and came out here and paid cash for their new and in most cases bigger homes. I can realistically be in downtown Phoenix in 30 minutes. It is 2 1/2 hours to Blythe if you are towing the boat, I am not sure about Parker, I would estimate 3 hours. Lake Powell is about 5 hours from what I hear. There several lakes out here, some are great some are ok from what I hear as well. While we do already miss SoCal, it is only 5 hours away, 7 by U-haul. If you are really serious about leaving SoCal and want a serious change in pace, I would consider Queen Creek

Floored
07-05-2004, 06:11 AM
I moved south of Bullhead City and love it. Mohave county has a pop of 114k and that is fine for me. Lots of glass work around LHC and this area with all the boat builders and repair work. Lots of new construction going, river 2 min, lake mohave 20 min, mead 1 hr, look across river and see:yuk: calif. Lower car ins, property taxes, homeowners insurance, gas prices. and we got a Wal-mart supercenter!!!!

THOR
07-05-2004, 06:57 AM
I was borned and raised in Huntington Beach then moved to Las Vegas for 10 years and now I am back in HB. I loved both, but only because I am a boater. If you dont do the things in the desert like MC riding, boating, etc I doubt people, in general, would like the deserts like Phoenix and LV. Just my opinion. It gets really hot in the summer and cold as hell in the winter. Windy too.
I cant be happier here in HB. But, that is cuz I have family here too. If you cant deal with traffic and crazy house prices, then you will love it here. If not, you will undoubtedtly hate it.

SoDawg
07-05-2004, 07:10 AM
I have lived in SoCal for about the last 20 years, Costa Mesa, Balboa Island, Newport Beach and Mission Viejo. My wife and kids cashed out and moved out to Anthem AZ almost a year ago. Now Mission Viejo is one of the best places to live, IMHO, but Anthem is very nice, especially if you have young kids.
Anthem is ~14 miles north of Phoenix on I-17. It is a master planned community with 2 golf courses, small fishing lakes, huge park, sports park, skate park, outdoor roller hockey rink, etc. We have our own indoor 3 story rock climbing wall, and our own private water park with 2 good sized slides. It is about 10 minutes from Lake Pleasent, about 3 hours from Havasu, Parker area, 4 Hours to Vegas area.
I was afraid of the heat, but so far it has been beautiful, the evenings are awesome. It has been up to 110, but it is generally about 5 degrees cooler than down in town.
As far as price, we sold a 1700 sq ft condo in Mission Viejo and bought a 3400 sqft house (single story) for $100K LESS.
Check it out...
http://www.delwebb.com/anthemarizona/

cave
07-05-2004, 07:54 AM
The heats not that bad once your blood thins water. So many people from Cali here that its starting to be just like Cali. Hell I cant even strap my glock on without some one pointing me out in a crowd. Thats why we used to have less crime here. Now every one who has moved here has changed it.
toddnjuzz, I moved from Venice California To Mesa Arzona in 1989 and this is one of the nicest cities I have ever been in. I would never of own a house with a lake behind it in Cali. I'de still be paying 1500 for a shack with crack heads waiting till I left to raid the pad.
Its not cheapper here its just Hot. People have change in the last 5 years.
My neighbors are awesome. I could go away for days and not worry about the pad. We are tight.
Your nieghbor hood is what you make it. People know that here. Great family values. It took me some getting used to when my neighbors waive at me with a smile. Yea all four fingers and a thumb.
I still miss the Beach but the many lakes around Phoenix makes up for that. GOOD LUCK on your decision
Some Kind Of Monster, I'm bilingual:D I speak spangalish:D
Floored I remeber that boat at Suguaro & Bartlett. Still got the Olds in it? It was fast.

cc322
07-05-2004, 07:55 AM
We live in mission viejo and love it, but I work in irvine and it is a short drive, wife works in cypress a bit longer. I am glad we bought our house 6 years ago because I could never afford the prices they are going for now. I just had a drive by apprisal and it came back at 560.000.00 1500 sqft 4 bdrm, We cannot afford to move up here so thats why we bought the condo in havasu. As far as traffic you cant even get on the freeway on a weekend and ite bumper to bumper. I dont think I could live at the river full time I like going to visit and boat but full time would burn me out. Any of the places that are just starting to develop, give it time they will be overcrowded as well imo. When its time to retire I could see us getting out of so cal but who knows, all family is here:confused:

shueman
07-05-2004, 08:12 AM
The wife and I are in the same situation.
Born and raised in SoCal, we celebrate our 30th Anniv this week and are ready to go to AZ. She does not want the river area for permanent, just vacation times.
We'll probably leave here with $300k, so keep the IDEAS / LOCATIONS coming. Both Anthem and Queen Creek sound like good choices.
No habla espanol.

Scream
07-05-2004, 08:15 AM
Born and raised in the IE...No funny jokes folks...
4th generation Californian and proud of it. Have always thought of where else I'd like to live if the opportunity arrose. We have friends in Glendale and Peoria AZ. They live in beautiful homes in beautiful communities. I think cave's right, you'll eventually get used to the heat and make adjustments. Basically if it were up to me and I wanted to make a change, I'd probably head for felix, I mean Phoenix...

Dr. Eagle
07-05-2004, 08:18 AM
I grew up in Southern California born and raised, 4ht generation as well, but I got sick of it (people, prices, smog, attitude, traffic) about 23 years ago and moved to Northern California. It is better up here (as far as I am concerned) but we still have the same problems. Taxes, prices, people, government out of control, you name it. I have wanted to leave the state for about 10 years. The wife won't go for it... so it seems I am DOOOOOMED!
Looking at the surrounding areas to move to, Northern Nevada (Reno/Carson City) have gotten too expensive, Las Vegas is ridiculously expensive, and Phoenix is getting more expensive and it is too damn hot all the time.
I guess I need to look north to Oregon or something... even then I have a feeling I am stuck right here!

Scream
07-05-2004, 08:26 AM
Your DDDDOOOOOOOMMMMMMMEEEEEEDDDDDDD!!!!!!!

Dr. Eagle
07-05-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Scream
Your DDDDOOOOOOOMMMMMMMEEEEEEDDDDDDD!!!!!!!
Just what I was thinking... Stuck in this Hollywood state with all the Libs.....:confused: :eek: :p :mad:
DOOOOOOOOOMEDDOOOOOOOOMED! (http://www.fedex.com/us/about/advertising/tvads/dramawm.html?link=4)

RiverToysJas
07-05-2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Floored
I moved south of Bullhead City and love it. Mohave county has a pop of 114k and that is fine for me.
Not for long, with the most recent land purchases by developers, they are currently building or planning houseing for an additional 250,000 people. You think the river is crowded and the lines are long at Katherine's now??? Just wait! ;) I love that area and have several friends with houses in that area, but I'm cautiously optimistic of it's fast growth and limited industry to support a job market.
As for Todd's orginal post about where to live. Other than housing, cost of living is not tremendiously different in any urban/suburban area these days. Let face it, these days all areas are becoming urban areas. So live where you like it. If I didn't live in the OC, I'd probably want to live in Florida. Because you can still live ON THE WATER in Florida for a fair price. BUT, there's give and take with anything, and you have to put up with Hurricane's, humidity, bugs, and other "animals" - like snakes & gators :eek: . Florida has what you need though Todd, a place to do gel work, and a place for your wife to do business. It also has affordable housing. Check it out!
RTJas :D

Floored
07-05-2004, 08:46 AM
cave, yes still has the same olds in it. was born and raised in ca and did phoenix for 10 years but its becoming a little LA, no offense. Moved to new river and when anthem came in I sold out and moved, no regrets. I dont like "communities". I'm in my 50's so moving here is like a pre-retirement for me and wife, slower life and our favorite place on earth.

franky
07-05-2004, 09:05 AM
We bought a vacation home in Havazoo three years ago. Every time we came here, it was hard to leave. Two years ago I quit my job (retired after I sold the Business) and started buying lots building houses and making easy money, all the while boating my %$$ off during the week during the summer or anytime the rest of the year (spring and fall are bitchen here).
After doing that for a year I said "this is too much fun, guess I better move my family here so THEY can enjoy it full time also". Every time I went back to S. Cal, that's all I could think about was getting back to LHC. Sold the house for way too much money (in Thousand Oaks) and moved out last July. Never looked back.
We went from a 2,400 sf house and moved into our 1,400 sf "vacation home". Working on our dream house now but it will be spring til we have it done.
Have not worn a tie for two years, long pants about a dozen times. Shorts, tee shirts and sandles. People here are friendly, trusting, honest and you can get stuff done cheap. The best thing is , we can pick our boating days and stay the hell away from the lake on weekends like the past. Looking forward to this afternoon when this place clears out

mo
07-05-2004, 09:34 AM
Hey Todd - don't forget to leave that shinny new surfboard at my house on your way out!

Bow Tie Omega
07-05-2004, 09:34 AM
Well, as far as the building is concerned, you guys are about to see a huge stall nation wide. FOr those that are not aware, there is a huge and I mean huge cement and steel shortage. CHina is in the process of building the worlds largest dam and is using up all of the resources here in America. I am in the industry and my company and competitors are really feeling the pinch. The Chinese are paying tripple the going rate for cement and somewhere close for steel. This is expected to go on thru the spring of next year.

shueman
07-05-2004, 09:48 AM
cave, yes still has the same olds in it. was born and raised in ca and did phoenix for 10 years but its becoming a little LA, no offense. Moved to new river and when anthem came in I sold out and moved, no regrets. I dont like "communities". I'm in my 50's so moving here is like a pre-retirement for me and wife, slower life and our favorite place on earth.
I took the wife through Willow Valley back in mid-June. It's changing alot....

Floored
07-05-2004, 10:28 AM
shueman, yes its getting nicer. some of the older places are being fixed up or replaced and nicer new places being built. still relatively quiet and a fair amount of police presence in the neighborhood, tribal and sheriff, some druggos but what neighborhood doesn't. I love evening cruises 2 minutes from home.

Krazy K
07-05-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by cave
The heats not that bad once your blood thins water. So many people from Cali here that its starting to be just like Cali. Hell I cant even strap my glock on without some one pointing me out in a crowd. Thats why we used to have less crime here. Now every one who has moved here has changed it.
toddnjuzz, I moved from Venice California To Mesa Arzona in 1989 and this is one of the nicest cities I have ever been in. I would never of own a house with a lake behind it in Cali. I'de still be paying 1500 for a shack with crack heads waiting till I left to raid the pad.
Its not cheapper here its just Hot. People have change in the last 5 years.
My neighbors are awesome. I could go away for days and not worry about the pad. We are tight.
Your nieghbor hood is what you make it. People know that here. Great family values. It took me some getting used to when my neighbors waive at me with a smile. Yea all four fingers and a thumb.
I still miss the Beach but the many lakes around Phoenix makes up for that. GOOD LUCK on your decision
Floored I remeber that boat at Suguaro & Bartlett. Still got the Olds in it? It was fast.
We get alot of people up here from CA also. Portland is a very livable city if you can stand the weather. I was born and raised in SoCal but moved here 6 years ago. Depending on what you are looking for, you can find decent houses for anywhere between 150k and up. I'm single and I had a house in escrow that was selling for 78k and it was about 900 sq ft, big front and back yard and workshop/garage. There is alot to do around here, especially if you are outdoors people.
Even though I love it up here, I'm moving again once I get my Bachelor's Dgree in Education. The education system up here is pretty bad. I'm looking at Knoxville, TN at the moment. Could change in 4 years, though.

Tom Brown
07-05-2004, 10:42 AM
Come to the Canadian sun belt... AKA: Saskatchewan.
If you love fine white sand beaches, you'll love our endless snow covered plains. :D

Back To Havasu
07-05-2004, 11:02 AM
California native here. Never lived farther than 50 miles from where I was born. Had a home in Havasu for 24 years, and one in Vegas for 5. Now looking at suburbs north of Atlanta and Nashville Tennessee. It's very pretty there, and the people seem very friendly, plus we would be close to my wife's daughter and my son and our grandchildren. Any thoughts on that area of the country for a relocation destination would be appreciated.:)

mickeyfinn
07-05-2004, 12:03 PM
North Georgia here, Close to town, lots of water (from what I read less LE here) We have four real seasons each year, cost of living is much less than you are used too. Mostly republican state and god know these east coast boat manufacturers need someone to show them how to do some real glass work.

Havasu_Dreamin
07-05-2004, 12:33 PM
Born in Torrance and grew up in the San Gabriel Valley.
There was a time when I was youner that I could not imagine living anywhere else, So. Cal seemed so perfect. But things have changed. Skyrocketing realestate prices, great if you already own a home bad if, like me, you don't, crime, smog, traffic, it is just too crowded here now. I read of these people moving to AZ from CA and buying these good size homes for what appear to be phenomenal prices when compared to like property in So. Cal and I can't help but dream about doing the same thing. The only problem is that the job market is much stronger in So. Cal and more diverse. Maybe one day I'll make the move to AZ until then I guess I have to just enjoy going to the Havasu house.

Tom Brown
07-05-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
any drought problems up their tom:D ;)
The authorities are busy looking for someone else like me so I can board the ark. So far, it doesn't look good. :D

Bow Tie Omega
07-05-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Havasu_Dreamin
Born in Torrance and grew up in the San Gabriel Valley.
There was a time when I was youner that I could not imagine living anywhere else, So. Cal seemed so perfect. But things have changed. Skyrocketing realestate prices, great if you already own a home bad if, like me, you don't, crime, smog, traffic, it is just too crowded here now. I read of these people moving to AZ from CA and buying these good size homes for what appear to be phenomenal prices when compared to like property in So. Cal and I can't help but dream about doing the same thing. The only problem is that the job market is much stronger in So. Cal and more diverse. Maybe one day I'll make the move to AZ until then I guess I have to just enjoy going to the Havasu house.
HD, I think you would be suprised with the job market out here. Do not laugh, but give monster.com a go. The wife landed a great outside sales position that was posted on monster. As far as my job is concerned, my company was unable to transfer me, although they tried. The competitor actually created a position for me until my postion actually opens up Sep. I have noticed out by my house, there is a strong Tech base here, along with Construction and Agrigculture. In actual Phoenix Education, Tech, COnstruction, Agriculture, Health Care and most trades really seem to be pushed most. I think that South East Phoenix is starting to look more and more like Irvine

shueman
07-05-2004, 04:37 PM
shueman, yes its getting nicer. some of the older places are being fixed up or replaced and nicer new places being built. still relatively quiet and a fair amount of police presence in the neighborhood, tribal and sheriff, some druggos but what neighborhood doesn't. I love evening cruises 2 minutes from home.
We'll be out there again 8/1 for a week. I'm with you on the river access. Lots of stucco being put up, and the back 40 has some nice new mobiles....:)
With lots in Fort Mojave going for $60k plus (they're out of control), Willow looking better and better.
We've got another year, at least, to go. It will be interesting what happens after the election....:eek:

Havasu_Dreamin
07-05-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Bow Tie Omega
HD, I think you would be suprised with the job market out here. Do not laugh, but give monster.com a go. The wife landed a great outside sales position that was posted on monster. As far as my job is concerned, my company was unable to transfer me, although they tried. The competitor actually created a position for me until my postion actually opens up Sep. I have noticed out by my house, there is a strong Tech base here, along with Construction and Agrigculture. In actual Phoenix Education, Tech, COnstruction, Agriculture, Health Care and most trades really seem to be pushed most. I think that South East Phoenix is starting to look more and more like Irvine
I've got a search agent setup @ Monster that notifies me of jobs in the Phoenix area. It would certainly be nice for something to come along. I'd love to move out there and buy a house and get out of So. Cal.

RiverRatMike
07-05-2004, 05:17 PM
I lived on OC all my life till last year then moved to Lake Havasu City with my g/f. I totally love it here so much better than OC!

Dr. Eagle
07-05-2004, 06:40 PM
Where exactly is willow valley, AZ? That's so I can sell my house and come there to screw it all up for you......;) ;) ;) ;)

Floored
07-05-2004, 09:54 PM
10 miles south of bullhead city, 6 miles north of needles bridge. out in the cotton and alfalfa fields. we get crop dusted every other day, cool huh!!:D

Some Kind Of Monster
07-05-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by cave
My main issue (obviously) is the heat. I was born and raised here and I will never adjust to it. There are a lot of great people here (especially at the lakes). I wasw having a bad day when I wrote my rant :D All in all this is a highly desirable place to live. That's why the population is growing at an unbelievable rate.

HighRoller
07-06-2004, 08:17 AM
I'm just wondering how long it is before AZ, especially Havasu, becomes known as "909 East"? I grew up in SoCal and I too thought I would never live anywhere else. My parents bought a house in Thousand Oaks in 1973 for 48K, sold it in 90 for 343K and today it's probly worth 800K-1mil. California has pretty much priced itself off of my list of places to live, so maybe I'll do the next best thing and move to Havasu so I can still live next to Californians:D I loved Laughlin, but the fiance says no.

Dr. Eagle
07-06-2004, 08:19 AM
10 miles south of bullhead city, 6 miles north of needles bridge. out in the cotton and alfalfa fields. we get crop dusted every other day, cool huh!!:D
Sounds like my kinda neighborhood...!

TRG
07-06-2004, 04:04 PM
WOW! i did not expect this kind of feedback!! thanks!
as for our story, juzzy comes from Sydney Aus. and has been here for 5 yrs. now while we love the coast, that is out!
i have lived in Morganfield KY, Angel Fire NM, Lake Havasu AZ and now in Rowland Heights CA.
the heat is not a big deal for the both of us and the finger is pointing in the direction of AZ. but this is just something that we have been throwin around for about a year now!
my sister lives out in the 909, and my parents have become "SNOWBIRDS" lol ( my pop hates that term) and now reside in Evansville IN. they still own the house that my darelict brother stays in and pays absolutly nothing....thats another topic! lol
the Toddnjuzz'z are looking to start over but keep the house out here and try a little "negative gearing" see how that works for a while! lol (renters!!!):eek: :rolleyes:
i would like to get out of So, Cal in a whole, but the hardest part is leaving home! ive been here for the better part of 32 yrs!...but i do "NOT" want my daughter dealing with the shit that goes on around here! i know that there's shit everywhere, but there is sure definitly better places that Rowland Heights (and surrounding cities!).
once again...we do appreciate the input that you guys have thrown my way!
we are thinking of going on a little road trip this oct. when it cools down a bit, and see areas in AZ. maybe we might stop by and visit some of the HB locals!:D
thanks again
Todd justine and savanah Griggs

Some Kind Of Monster
07-06-2004, 04:21 PM
Well, If you are looking at Arizona, there are some more desirable areas. Many have already been listed, some haven't. As for the valley metro areas, look at the suburbs for newer nicer communities. Anthem was mentioned and is well known for a family friendly community. There are also new establishments in Chandler, Scottsdale "most livable city", and far east Mesa near Apache Junction. All of these locations will put you near established malls, neighborhoods, and the usual necessities. Also consider Flagstaff. It puts you about equal distances from the big three (Powell, Mead, and Havi). The only thing about Flagstaff is it is a college town and there is a lot of tourism and outsiders that crowd the city on the weekends.

Hiddenvalley-Kid
07-06-2004, 06:11 PM
Born and raised in San Gabriel Valley. Moved east, Covina, Chino and Ontario. Moved out 8 years ago after drive by while coaching Little League All Stars. Now 14 miles south of Parker with Blythe address. Launch ramp 100 ft. from garage door. Would never move back to city. It's really hot 3 months of the year but 1 million snow birds can't be wrong. Weather is the best in the nation 9 months of the year. It is hardest on the women. No malls and their social life suffers. No real jobs except for County, State, gas company or Edison. The others are no more than $10 an hour. There is always work for jack of all trades if you are willing to work. Just as anywhere small you have to get in and become a local. I love the quiet but need the holiday commotion just to remind me why I left.

Infomaniac
07-06-2004, 07:22 PM
You might consider Tulsa Oklahoma. Low cost of living. All 4 seasons.
5 Very nice lakes within 45 minutes. drag boat friendly big boat friendly etc. Take your pick. A launch ramp every mile or so. No waiting.
Sell your house and buy a mansion out here.

callbob4homes
07-06-2004, 07:52 PM
OK after lurking for a few years.........(dial up really sucks) I gots to chime in here. Some of you I met when I had a store in the Island mall across from Barley Bros. I also sold real estate out of the store. After moving back to Colorado for a couple of years to be close to the granddaughters, we got a wild hair to head south again. Wound up in Gilbert (se of Phx) and back in the real estate field. Plus it's a hell of alot closer to water and the drag races. Anyway anybody wanting info on the market in this area, give me a call or email me with what you are looking for and I'll set you up with ongoing updates on homes here. Keep in mind, just like Havasu, they go fast.
boblarsen@cox.net
480-586-6899

mtndewdrops
07-06-2004, 10:52 PM
I have been in Temecula for 12 years now and watched it grow from a pop of 33K to over 75. Can't believe my house has almost tripled in price. We have considered relocating to AZ, mainly to LHC. We love the town and the people are great.
Maybe check out Chandler, my ex-neighbor moved there and bought a 5000 sq ft house for 380K. The schools are very good and it is a great community. Tucson is also a nice town with some good jobs...esp in Aerospace.
I guess I am still stuck here until all three of my kids graduate...10 more years. Hopefully I can stand it until then.:)

Bow Tie Omega
07-07-2004, 06:30 AM
33 k pop in Temecula, I was there when it was 7,000. All of the kids in Temecula were either going to Linfield or being bussed all the way to Elsinore HS. WHen i finally started at Temecula Valley, the student parking lot was dirt, the Gym was not up yet and people were riding quads and horses to school, no BS. Margarita Rd did not go thru to Winchester, much less Murrieta Hot Springs, and everything on WInchester past Ynez was hills all the way to Hemet. Queen Creek really does remind me of Temecula in the early days. My how times have changed.

superdave013
07-07-2004, 06:51 AM
Todd, seeing that you folks live in E'vill you might want to look into Indiana.
It's a great place to raise kids. Just look at how well I turned out! lol
Anyway up north is a small town called Angola. It's growing but still has that nice small town feel. That county has 101 lakes in it alone so you can get your water fix. My folks have a place on Lake James that's right by Angola.
I do have some contacts still that are in the marine industry and could maybe hook you up with a fiberglass gig.
Fort Wayne is about 30 min south and is a much larger city where you could also pick up some work. But if I ever move back I'd be in the Angola area.
Next time you get to E'vill please let me know. I have a very good friend that lives there that you and your wife would like to meet.

TRG
07-07-2004, 09:02 PM
juzz and i have thought about Indiana,...and it is still in the top five but there would be so much to miss out on, plus i have gained so many friends on these here boards as well as outside of boating that it makes it double hard to move anywhere east of AZ.
i might be going back in sept dave, i'll have to drop a dime!
well talk about that in a few weeks when you're humping my boat! if you know what i mean? lol:p

mtndewdrops
07-07-2004, 09:08 PM
33 k pop in Temecula, I was there when it was 7,000. All of the kids in Temecula were either going to Linfield or being bussed all the way to Elsinore HS. WHen i finally started at Temecula Valley, the student parking lot was dirt, the Gym was not up yet and people were riding quads and horses to school, no BS. Margarita Rd did not go thru to Winchester, much less Murrieta Hot Springs, and everything on WInchester past Ynez was hills all the way to Hemet. Queen Creek really does remind me of Temecula in the early days. My how times have changed.
Wow, no wonder you bailed out. I must say, at least the city council is making the developers put in the schools and parks and somewhat sticking to a general plan. It would be nice to get another off ramp though...3 aren't cutting it.

Ziggy
07-07-2004, 09:35 PM
When young my family would often drive thru Temecula on the little ol' hwy395, and OldTown area was basically it....We all thought it was crazy when "Rancho California" began to develop----Now you never even hear Rancho Cal.
Personally, I think Temecula was ruined by the developers and all the crackerbox homes punched in between all the beautiful Ranch homes-Sad
:(
I wish I had the balls to sell out everything and relocate.