PDA

View Full Version : Dirverter squirting H2O over Splash gaurd

cave
07-05-2004, 06:32 AM
I read here a while back that someone had the same problem with a stream of water sraying over thier transome. I notice this yesterday and it was like a 1" stream. It happens when I slow down. Is there a cure or easy fix for this. I cant tell what part on the Place Diverter is causing this effect. It got my attention quick. Thanks In advance.

Shark In The Pond
07-05-2004, 08:10 AM
I posted some pics of my splash guard I made here awhile back I will dig around to find it ?

Shark In The Pond
07-05-2004, 08:19 AM
Did a search and its under " Problems with diverter and splash back " Also would like to know if anyone made themself one and how did it work ?

AmericanThunder1
07-05-2004, 11:29 AM
Some pumps require a plastic ring to seet the diverter into the bowl.

cave
07-05-2004, 11:37 AM
Its not the nozzel but thank you for your help. I found the past post from shark in the pond but I couldnt find a picture of the modification made to the foward reverse lever. It looks like a ramp for water to shoot all over my motor.
Thanks AmericanThunder1

Mr Twister
07-05-2004, 07:17 PM
Sounds like you need a new 20 dollar teflon o-ring in there.

MudPumper
07-05-2004, 08:39 PM
It's not the O Ring. Its the arm grabbing water and throwing it up as the boat comes off plane. I have the same problem and got in the habbit of moving my diverter into the up position as I slow down. With diverter in the up the linkage is out of the water. One of these days I'll get around to making some sort of guard like Shark did.

cave
07-06-2004, 03:57 AM
MudPumper
Do you have a picture of what Shark In The Pond made?
I tryed slowing down in a diferent manner and it works. Like you said MudPumper leave the diverter in the up position. i tryed it in the middle position too and no splashback. just a different way of driving.
Thanks to all of you who respond to this thread! I lurk & learn alot from all of you.

MudPumper
07-06-2004, 12:07 PM
I might, I have a couple of disks full of pics. I'll go through them and check if I have it. I think I deleted it a while back though.

Shark In The Pond
07-06-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by MudPumper
I might, I have a couple of disks full of pics. I'll go through them and check if I have it. I think I deleted it a while back though.
MudPumper I sent the one's to him that someone posted for me here so he should have them ? Don't know if he posted this before I sent them to him ?

MudPumper
07-06-2004, 09:51 PM
Good deal, because I must have deleted them off my disk. ;) All I could find was pics of naked women??????:confused: :D

LVjetboy
07-07-2004, 12:37 AM
Or you could get that sh*t out of the water...
http://members.cox.net/lvjetboy/SideHiddenLine.jpg
No need for extra drag right?
jer

cave
07-07-2004, 04:54 AM
Shark In The Pond I couldnt open the pics. My Mcafee wouldnt allow me to open the attachments. I do appreciate your efforts!!!
Mudpumper Pics of naked girls would help too:D
LVjetboy a ride plate is in the future. I want to rebuild my pump at the end of the season. I'll have the pump out and then I'll get the ride plate machining done.
I was out this Monday and found that if I slowed down with the nozzel up or in the level possition no water would splash onto the motor.
I did manage to suck up a diaper. My temp gauge actualy had a lower than normal tempature reading. I looked back at my Bassetts and saw no water spraying out. I was just outside the no wake and it was rough water so I putted in about 50 yards and pulled the diaper out of the pump and headed out again this time checking that water was exiting my motor dump. Got half way around the front part of the lake when my oil pressure gage read 0 pressure. I headed for shore about 20' from me and shut er down. Too late, my engine was smoking out the rear main seal. Its been a tough weekend! No water in the oil. Amazing howfast that smoke started billowing out. I did want to pull the motor out and put a jetboat cam in it. Guess I have a good excuse now. Any advice would be greatly appeciated.
I did have a great weekend and even met some cool peps who towed me back to the ramp. I offered them money and they declined to take it. I love this crowd. I offered my last 5 gallons of gas to a bass fisherman who was asking peps for extra gas. Maybe when I get back in the water I'll have good carma with the Bass'ers too.
THANKS for all your help
Jimmy

MudPumper
07-07-2004, 12:11 PM
A diaper????:eek: :eek: Sounds like you were boating at Castaic here in SoCal.

Danhercules
07-07-2004, 01:08 PM
Was it loaded?:yuk: