PDA

View Full Version : Weiand system?

franky
07-05-2004, 09:32 AM
Is there any reason why I shouold not buy a Weiand 8-71 blower kit? Someone told me that I should only get the BDS or other "real power" system.

Floored
07-05-2004, 10:41 AM
weiand has been around forever, but, they are part of a large corporation now. I know that bds is done right there in there shop and thats their business,period. Call both and ask questions and see who is most knowledgable and helpful, price isn't everything.

Kindsvater Flat
07-05-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by franky
Is there any reason why I shouold not buy a Weiand 8-71 blower kit? Someone told me that I should only get the BDS or other "real power" system.
Call SuperchargersUSA they beat all there prices.
Less then 3 k for full polish everything plus 8mm drive, degree ring and linkage.

revndave
07-08-2004, 02:06 PM
Cyclone uses one on his ride.His boat hauls ass.

leroy454
07-08-2004, 03:55 PM
I know a couple of guys here in Oz that have had problems with Weiand. Apparently the snouts are a bit weak. Everybody I have spoken to have all recommended BDS (10 in total).
I bought a full BDS system through Good Vibes Motorsport in California. Jim and the gang there were fantastic throughout the whole deal.:)

Heatseeker
07-09-2004, 07:39 AM
I've heard there are some QC issues with Wieand since Holley gobbled them up. I've also heard that their rotors are now extruded instead of being solid. One little backfire could be all it takes to bend a rotor.
My vote is with BDS from Goodvibes. Jim took care of me too!

Evo22
07-13-2004, 08:44 AM
i have run "the blower shop" blowers on all my motors and have had great succsess

cyclone
07-13-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by leroy454
I know a couple of guys here in Oz that have had problems with Weiand. Apparently the snouts are a bit weak. Everybody I have spoken to have all recommended BDS (10 in total).
I bought a full BDS system through Good Vibes Motorsport in California. Jim and the gang there were fantastic throughout the whole deal.:)
the snouts have been redesigned along with the intake manifold. I run a Weiand 8-71 on my Chevy and have had zero problems.

Q-ROTOR WARLOCK
07-14-2004, 05:33 AM
THE WEIAND IS EVERY BIT AS GOOD AS BDS !!!!!!
It may be better ,,,Littlefield Leads the way in quality ,like buying a lexus ;) :p

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-14-2004, 05:56 PM
mmmmm I have more to think about now

75spectra
07-15-2004, 10:28 AM
Ive run my Weiand for 2 years now and no problems! They have changed since then and are now making 2 lobe extruded rotors (read old B&M) I guess they work but even the guys at Weiand are not happy about the changes that Holley has made?