PDA

View Full Version : Help!

TRIMM MANN
07-05-2004, 04:05 PM
I filled up my boat yesterday and the gas expanded.The gas wiped off the fiberglass ok but it stained my moldings.
Anybody know how to take the gas stains off the modings or do I need to replace them.
I have a 28 Eliminator. The moldings seem to be a hard palstic material.
:confused:
Thanks. T.M.

Ntwotrance
07-05-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by TRIMM MANN
I filled up my boat yesterday and the gas expanded.The gas wiped off the fiberglass ok but it stained my moldings.
Anybody know how to take the gas stains off the modings or do I need to replace them.
I have a 28 Eliminator. The moldings seem to be a hard palstic material.
:confused:
Thanks. T.M.
are they a smooth plastic or pitted? might want to try to wax them out, you'd be suprised at how often that will get them out.

TRIMM MANN
07-05-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Ntwotrance
are they a smooth plastic or pitted? might want to try to wax them out, you'd be suprised at how often that will get them out. They are a smooth plastic. I haven't tried wax yet. The boat is in Havasu. I will try that unless someone has a better thought.
Thanx:D

Ntwotrance
07-05-2004, 04:34 PM
shouldn't be a problem to get them out then.

franky
07-05-2004, 04:35 PM
Mr. Clean Erasar pad. Its like a sponge. Works bitchin.

framer1
07-05-2004, 04:45 PM
lightly with a brillo pad. (carefull)

TRIMM MANN
07-05-2004, 05:19 PM
Thanks guys....I'll try all these:D

Scream
07-05-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by franky
Mr. Clean Erasar pad. Its like a sponge. Works bitchin.
Magic Eraser. I used one given to me by ahhell and it worked too good. I can't believe how well it worked, like MAGIC I suppose.

TRIMM MANN
07-06-2004, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Scream
Magic Eraser. I used one given to me by ahhell and it worked too good. I can't believe how well it worked, like MAGIC I suppose. Thanks SCREAM:D