PDA

View Full Version : Jack is the man!!!!!!!!!

djdtpr
07-05-2004, 06:16 PM
Wow we just got back from the river and i am still stoked about how the pump in the boat worked.Jack at mpd did a bad ass job setting the pump up and moving it further back.I saw a steady 6700 rpm out of a stainless b cut impeller.

Cs19
07-05-2004, 07:42 PM
DJD, glad to hear your up and running again, I drove by you in town,you waved at me..I was towing a 19 daytona.Your boat looked awesome!!
Where did you launch?
Stoked to hear your running good, just in time for summer.

djdtpr
07-05-2004, 07:51 PM
We launch at mayflower.When are you headed back up to the river again?Hows that beast of yours running it looks sweet!

Cs19
07-05-2004, 08:15 PM
She runs great, Im just taking baby steps with the set up on it, but every time I go out it gets faster.:D
I will be out at Parker/Big river with my family and a few friends later this week and through next weekend.If your gonna be in the area we should hook up.
I got your Pm, sounds like this Placecraft is really hauling ass! Congratulations and way to go Jack @ MPD!!

HBjet
07-05-2004, 09:07 PM
Damn, 6700rpm with a B... your making some serious power there bud. 1000hp you think?
Anyways, congrats!
HBjet

LVjetboy
07-05-2004, 11:12 PM
Jack's pro no question.
But "a steady 6700 rpm on a b cut" tells little about performance. After all, a rebuild on a leaky pump will reduce your rpm's at the same power. Are you saying 6700 rpm's after rebuild are better than say 6500 rpms before? Or did you turn say 6900 rpm's before rebuild and are glad that now you only turn 6700 rpms? Or did you make changes to engine power also? By what measure are 6700 rpm's proof of pump health or performance or a "pro" rebuild?? Rpm's alone don't mean sh*t.
My thought? With a PC, your jet no doubt runs fast. If you want to be mysterious fine, if you want to share info then post mph as well as rpm's. Otherwise, comments on how good your pump rebuild, tune or setup based on rpm's alone tell half the story.
Just curious.
jer

Bow Tie Omega
07-05-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by LVjetboy
Jack's pro no question.
But "a steady 6700 rpm on a b cut" tells little about performance. After all, a rebuild on a leaky pump will reduce your rpm's at the same power. Are you saying 6700 rpm's after rebuild are better than say 6500 rpms before? Or did you turn say 6900 rpm's before rebuild and are glad that now you only turn 6700 rpms? Or did you make changes to engine power also? By what measure are 6700 rpm's proof of pump health or performance or a "pro" rebuild?? Rpm's alone don't mean sh*t.
My thought? With a PC, your jet no doubt runs fast. If you want to be mysterious fine, if you want to share info then post mph as well as rpm's. Otherwise, comments on how good your pump rebuild, tune or setup based on rpm's alone tell half the story.
Just curious.
jer
Easy man......He was just commenting on how happy he was with Jack's work. Nothing more, nothing less........ COngrats on the pump man:)

LVjetboy
07-05-2004, 11:33 PM
I'm happy with Jack's work too. But the measure of "performance gain" or "how great Jack's work is" has little to do with rpm alone. In fact, Jack's work can reduce rpm's or make them smaller than before he did the work. Djd quoted rpm as the sole measure of goodness and performance or the worth of Jacks mods. Without a baseline, corresponding speed and/or et change, that means nothing. So I commented.
jer

GlastronGuy
07-06-2004, 05:41 AM
Jack's pro no question.
Just curious.
jer
= what were you running before.

BrendellaJet
07-06-2004, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by GlastronGuy
= what were you running before.
LOL!!!:smilespi:

HotHallet
07-06-2004, 08:23 AM
Jack does awesome work and I am still amazed at what the pump work I had him do did for my boat. I recommend him to everybody with a jet boat.

Bryan Rose
07-06-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by HotHallet
Jack does awesome work and I am still amazed at what the pump work I had him do did for my boat. I recommend him to everybody with a jet boat.
But still how fast you going at 6700 RPMS ? Come on we all want to know.
Bryan

HotHallet
07-06-2004, 10:25 AM
djd placecraft is the one taching 6700 rpm's. My boat runs out at about 5,100 and pulls to a gps proven 78 mph. Jack coverted my C bowl to a G, added a droop, shoe and rideplate, loader grate, performed a stage 1.5 blueprint, and completely rebuilt the pump with an AB Impeller, new wear ring, bearings etc. I had the bottom of the hull blueprinted by Jeff Bennett and the new motor dyno'd out at 533 hp at 5100 and 599 ft/lbs of torque at 4300. Its a nice running/solid package and I am very happy with it!

djdtpr
07-06-2004, 11:53 AM
Jack's pro no question.
Just curious.
jer
Just stoked to see what he did for me nothing more nothing less!I am not going to get into this posting speed crap so people on here can go to bashing on me.If you are that interested in what it is and what it does come to ming in sept.
HB possibly 1000 on a real good tune up this weekend was a weak tune up.Timing was locked at 22 deg. and the motor was pretty fat.We never did mess with the shims at all.

berk
07-06-2004, 12:56 PM
LVjetboy do you ever leave your pc? get a life and stop starting fights. maybe he doesnt give a shit what you think about his speed. not everyone wants to brag and talk numbers. :yuk:

MudPumper
07-06-2004, 01:02 PM
LVJetboy is just misunderstood. He just wants to know more numbers, he comes off harsh but I think he means well.

cyclone
07-06-2004, 01:16 PM
DJ- he wants to know how fast your boat goes. LV just doesn't have too much tact when it comes to these things.
I'm going to say that when you hold your foot down for a full 10-seconds that you'll run 110-112 mph. Am I close or have you already done that? I'll be at Ming in september as well. we'll have to toss back a few colds ones friday night. Good luck and glad to hear the boat is finally back on the water.
Oh yeah, are you going to CBBB again?

djdtpr
07-06-2004, 01:30 PM
Cyclone we are thinking about it i have got to figure out why i keep getting water in the oil.I dont really want to get into the speed thing everyone starts talking shit then you get pissing matches.I am just stoked how the pump setup works.I never got to stand on it for more than 1/8 mile if that.I kept running out of fuel pressure.

cyclone
07-06-2004, 01:34 PM
sorry to hear about the water. Hopefully you'll get that ironed out before your next trip. Dont worry about the speed thing,i'll just have to find out the hard way the next time i see you on the water. :D

XClutchboy725
07-06-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by djdplacecraft
i have got to figure out why i keep getting water in the oil.
Which water injection method are you using (if any) and what are your cam specs.? Just wondering if you given reversion a thought?
I fought that one for a while....

bp
07-06-2004, 01:50 PM
If you are that interested in what it is and what it does come to ming in sept.
COOL! always good to have another boat on the rope:D

djdtpr
07-06-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by XClutchboy725
Which water injection method are you using (if any) and what are your cam specs.? Just wondering if you given reversion a thought?
I fought that one for a while....
I run a manual valve.I am pulling the blower off and the intake to check the intake gaskets.Its more than likely is gonna be a head gasket.The cam specs are .734 x.734 lift .276x.286@50 on a 114 lobe center.

hack job
07-06-2004, 02:00 PM
sounds like you are haulin the bacon. good job ! hope to see you out at the cbbb. ;)

XClutchboy725
07-06-2004, 03:49 PM
I run a manual valve.I am pulling the blower off and the intake to check the intake gaskets.Its more than likely is gonna be a head gasket.The cam specs are .734 x.734 lift .276x.286@50 on a 114 lobe center.
When are you flipping the valve open? any cam with more than .248 at .050 is capable of producing reversion. I wouldn't open the valve at any RPM lower than around 3k with that bumpstick!

djdtpr
07-06-2004, 06:12 PM
Well its not an intake or a head gasket its the block.I keep getting water in #6 it has a crack at the very top of the cylender running down.

MudPumper
07-06-2004, 06:15 PM
That's not good news!!!

XClutchboy725
07-06-2004, 07:15 PM
Mystery Solved!!! Sucks to be you...:D

LVjetboy
07-07-2004, 01:17 AM
"If you are that interested in what it is and what it does come to ming in sept"
At first sounded mysterious to me. Like v-drive mentality, "Don't know don't care, just got this one big tach on the dash and I'll beat your ass" Ya whatever. But after reading your other post about only running an 1/8th, the real answer is you don't know? Nothing wrong with that why not just be honest and post. I would.
"I am not going to get into this posting speed crap so people on here can go to bashing on me"
They won't bash on you for long (or at all) if they sense your numbers are true. If you're worried about posting speed for bashing then don't post rpms either. They're both numbers. You could be bashed for rpms if your sensitive to bashing. I've posted both and people don't bash me on numbers I think they know I can back mine up...in fact I welcome a challenge or I wouldn' post numbers (speed or rpms) in the first place. My numbers good I don't worry about bashing those who do look stupid. Besides, are you REALLY concerned with people bashing on you? C'mon. It's only the internet geez.
berk lamely posts: "LVjetboy do you ever leave your pc? get a life and stop starting fights. maybe he doesnt give a shit what you think about his speed. not everyone wants to brag and talk numbers"
Excuse me? 6700 is a number posted by djdplacecraft in the first post to this thread. And don't tell me 6700 isn't a number worth bragging about. It certainly is. Can you top that? IF he doesn't give a shit about what I think about his speed or numbers, then why worry about bashing? Maybe YOU should get a life? Try again.
"LV just doesn't have too much tact when it comes to these things"
You're right, I have no tact and not interested in getting some. I want to know as much as I can about true jet boat performance w/o the macho hot boat i'm a wanna be racer secret bullshit you know what I'm talking about. Sometimes you got to filter thru that crap to get to true performance. Is anyone else interested?
Or just me.
jer

Jake W
07-07-2004, 04:43 AM
I am intrested in a pic of the pump and boat.
Jake

Blown 472
07-07-2004, 07:12 AM
[i] I want to know as much as I can about true jet boat performance w/o the macho hot boat i'm a wanna be racer secret bullshit you know what I'm talking about. Sometimes you got to filter thru that crap to get to true performance. Is anyone else interested?
Or just me.
jer [/B]
You forgot magazine engine build ups.:p :p :p
this is a joke, funny haha.

cyclone
07-07-2004, 08:36 AM
"If you are that interested in what it is and what it does come to ming in sept"
At first sounded mysterious to me. Like v-drive mentality, "Don't know don't care, just got this one big tach on the dash and I'll beat your ass" Ya whatever. But after reading your other post about only running an 1/8th, the real answer is you don't know? Nothing wrong with that why not just be honest and post. I would.
"I am not going to get into this posting speed crap so people on here can go to bashing on me"
They won't bash on you for long (or at all) if they sense your numbers are true. If you're worried about posting speed for bashing then don't post rpms either. They're both numbers. You could be bashed for rpms if your sensitive to bashing. I've posted both and people don't bash me on numbers I think they know I can back mine up...in fact I welcome a challenge or I wouldn' post numbers (speed or rpms) in the first place. My numbers good I don't worry about bashing those who do look stupid. Besides, are you REALLY concerned with people bashing on you? C'mon. It's only the internet geez.
berk lamely posts: "LVjetboy do you ever leave your pc? get a life and stop starting fights. maybe he doesnt give a shit what you think about his speed. not everyone wants to brag and talk numbers"
Excuse me? 6700 is a number posted by djdplacecraft in the first post to this thread. And don't tell me 6700 isn't a number worth bragging about. It certainly is. Can you top that? IF he doesn't give a shit about what I think about his speed or numbers, then why worry about bashing? Maybe YOU should get a life? Try again.
"LV just doesn't have too much tact when it comes to these things"
You're right, I have no tact and not interested in getting some. I want to know as much as I can about true jet boat performance w/o the macho hot boat i'm a wanna be racer secret bullshit you know what I'm talking about. Sometimes you got to filter thru that crap to get to true performance. Is anyone else interested?
Or just me.
jer
Jer, Jer, Jer. Tact remember? I didn't see any "wanna be racer secret bullshit" coming from DJD. I'd be willing to bet that once he's ironed out all the kinks that he'll be a bit more forthcoming with information that he might not have at the moment, but will have after a few more trips to the water.
Patience, grasshoppa.

Bense468
07-07-2004, 08:42 AM
Whats up Danny. Heard from Chris your boat was running hard. Ran some CP and just lit him up. Your cool with those guys now? Is shawns CP the one you ran? Justen and I almost stopped by on our way to Parker on Friday night to say hi

djdtpr
07-07-2004, 02:33 PM
Bense no it wasnt sean it was a buddy of his with another gullwing with a 540 on the juice.The guy said that it ran 97 on the motor and 110 on the juice!I dont know how much truth their is to that.You guys should have stopped by and had a cold one or twelve.
LV I thought you were a pretty inteligent guy most would figure that if jack just did the pump like i stated and set it back that you would know that it should be pretty tight.A profesional job!!!!!!Not a sloppy job.And i believe that i did state that it was a b cut stainless impeller.Isnt it you that has the fancy stuff that figures out what all that should mean?Maybe not,maybe i have you confused with someone else!Either way have fun with your computer and we will see ya at ming!

Bense468
07-07-2004, 05:15 PM
Thats the problem. I think we hit 12 before we got there.

calperf19
07-07-2004, 07:04 PM
Jack,
Rules!!!!!!!! Doesn't he own all the records?
Customer for life!!!
Later BK

beached 1
07-08-2004, 07:42 AM
Good job Danny! Glad to hear you are running. Saw your boat @ MPD last spring getting your setback.

bp
07-08-2004, 11:50 AM
LV I thought you were a pretty inteligent guy most would figure that if jack just did the pump like i stated and set it back that you would know that it should be pretty tight.A profesional job!!!!!!Not a sloppy job.And i believe that i did state that it was a b cut stainless impeller.Isnt it you that has the fancy stuff that figures out what all that should mean?Maybe not,maybe i have you confused with someone else!Either way have fun with your computer and we will see ya at ming!
usually, we see jer at ming in spirit only. :D
so, will ya have it back together and on the rope come september??????

djdtpr
07-08-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by bp
usually, we see jer at ming in spirit only. :D
so, will ya have it back together and on the rope come september??????
Oh ya it will be there i dont know how it will perform but it will be there.Jack told me he would give me a hand with watever i needed as far as set up and tuning and all the rest of the stuff that i will be ignorent too!I got a block today so as soon as the machine shop is done with it i will swap all the parts out of the other motor and into the new.I will probably need to barrow a jacket from someone but other than that im in.

bp
07-08-2004, 03:09 PM
cool. i'll save ya a spot on mpd row :D otherwise known as jet alley.
also known as down past the outramp...:cool:

djdtpr
07-08-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by bp
cool. i'll save ya a spot on mpd row :D otherwise known as jet alley.
also known as down past the outramp...:cool:
You might not want me to close,ill never quit asking questions!Probably end up barrowing a tool or two and constatly tell you how good the boat felt.

LVjetboy
07-09-2004, 02:11 AM
"LV I thought you were a pretty inteligent guy..."
So maybe you thot wrong. :)
"most would figure that if jack just did the pump like i stated and set it back that you would know that it should be pretty tight. A profesional job!!!!!!Not a sloppy job."
No doubt, that's why 6700 means nothing in tight or sloppy unless you state a baseline...or how many times she did it.
"And i believe that i did state that it was a b cut stainless impeller.Isnt it you that has the fancy stuff that figures out what all that should mean?"
B cut makes a difference, stainless or aluminum not so much. Sure I got fancy stuff, here's my guess...
PC at 6700 rpm on a Berk B = 110+ mph. Depending on setup and weight of course. But my original point was, 6700 alone tells nothing about pump rebuild quality or setback, and only tells half the story about performance. In fact, rpms alone don't tell much. But v-drivers still have that one huge big-ass tach on the dash...nothing much else.
jer

Rexone
07-09-2004, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by berk
LVjetboy do you ever leave your pc? get a life and stop starting fights. maybe he doesnt give a shit what you think about his speed. not everyone wants to brag and talk numbers. :yuk:
berk you just shattered jers world. :D

Rexone
07-09-2004, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by MudPumper
LVJetboy is just misunderstood. He just wants to know more numbers, he comes off harsh but I think he means well.
And the mediator entry. :wink:

Rexone
07-09-2004, 04:14 AM
But v-drivers still have that one huge big-ass tach on the dash...nothing much else.
jer
like jer has one huge big-ass confrontational mentality on the brain regardless of the nature of anyones post...nothing much else.
(humor jer, humor)... ;)

bp
07-09-2004, 05:23 AM
You might not want me to close,ill never quit asking questions!Probably end up barrowing a tool or two and constatly tell you how good the boat felt.
it's way easier to have the mpd/dne crowd all in one place. that way the answer people don't have to be in twelve different locations at the same time. lemme know that you're still coming when the time comes...
:cool:

djdtpr
07-09-2004, 04:07 PM
So maybe you thot wrong. :)
Maybe but i doubt it!
No doubt, that's why 6700 means nothing in tight or sloppy unless you state a baseline...or how many times she did it.
6700 on a sloppy pump means nothing.6700 on a tight pump means something to me.OH there were 5 short passes in a row.The recall said 7400 on one but i stood on it out of the hole and it sucked some air.
PC at 6700 rpm on a Berk B = 110+ mph. Depending on setup and weight of course. But my original point was, 6700 alone tells nothing about pump rebuild quality or setback, and only tells half the story about performance. In fact, rpms alone don't tell much. But v-drivers still have that one huge big-ass tach on the dash...nothing much else.
jer [/B]
well all things being right and the planets allighned maybe.I will be able to tell you more after we run the boat through the lights or if you will give me a little bit i will be back at the river in a couple weeks and maybe there will be a gps that i can barrow.Regardless of the speed there were some other issues with the boat that Jack took care of like the horrible porpas that it had prior to him doing the work and the horrible set it would take.

ChetCapoli
07-09-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by bp
it's way easier to have the mpd/dne crowd all in one place.
Yeap and people can just point to where the money is.
Maybe they should have a zipcode at ming for you guys...kinda like beverly hills 90210??? :D
CHET

HBjet
07-09-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by ChetCapoli
Yeap and people can just point to where the money is.
Maybe they should have a zipcode at ming for you guys...kinda like beverly hills 90210??? :D
CHET
Jeez.... all coming from someone who has never been to an NJBA race to see the MPD/DNE line up compared to other racers there. And from someone who has never spoke with MPD/DNE or seen any of there work first hand.
Hi Chet
HBjet

squirt
07-09-2004, 07:49 PM
Wow Chet it took you 4 days to get that in, your really letting yourself go man:D
Don (2004 doughnut club member):D

LVjetboy
07-10-2004, 12:45 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by berk
LVjetboy do you ever leave your pc? get a life and stop starting fights. maybe he doesnt give a shit what you think about his speed. not everyone wants to brag and talk numbers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rex posted: "berk you just shattered jers world."
Or is it your world?
LVjetboy: 1465 posts
Rex: 5205 posts
How do YOU get anything done? j/k, chill. Please use both tact and humor in responding. :D
jer

LVjetboy
07-10-2004, 01:02 AM
"well all things being right and the planets allighned maybe <110 mph>. I will be able to tell you more after we run the boat through the lights or if you will give me a little bit i will be back at the river in a couple weeks and maybe there will be a gps that i can barrow.Regardless of the speed there were some other issues with the boat that Jack took care of like the horrible porpas that it had prior to him doing the work and the horrible set it would take."
You KNOW I'm interested. Very few PC's out there. And when I comment, you know I say what I think. Not meant to attack you or your results. Just my no bs opinion.
On porpoise, low speed in the rough for my PlaceCraft way better since setback and ride plate mod. I also put the 4 degree down wedge back in for more negative diverter control. But...I may still have a very slight porpoise above 95 mph haven't checked yet with the new plate. I'd be interested in how yours handles 95-100+ in smooth water...among other things.
jer

djdtpr
07-10-2004, 09:39 AM
On porpoise, low speed in the rough for my PlaceCraft way better since setback and ride plate mod. I also put the 4 degree down wedge back in for more negative diverter control. But...I may still have a very slight porpoise above 95 mph haven't checked yet with the new plate. I'd be interested in how yours handles 95-100+ in smooth water...among other things.
jer [/B]
The porpoise issue was the best result all in all.I still have a porpoise but not nearly as violent as it used to be.The porpoise starts at about 3000 rpm and carries till about 4000 i dont know the speeds at those rpms but that is where it is at.At the unknown speed of 6700 there is no porpoise at all what soever.I have a wedge but i was going to wait and see what we get out of the boat with shiming the shoe and ride plate.I also have the motor set fwd allmost 1 1/2 inches.

LVjetboy
07-11-2004, 03:04 AM
Sounds like your rpm's for low speed porpoise similar to mine. High speed? For me seems driven by speed more than rpms. Once above 95 a very shallow porpoise. Nothing crazy but not the ideal setup I'm sure. I'm wondering...
jer

djdtpr
07-11-2004, 04:11 PM
I'm wondering...
jer [/B]
Me too?
I have never felt any topend porpoise at all even before the setback.I still have'nt put the wedge in did you gain anything when you installed it as far as ride or speed?

LVjetboy
07-11-2004, 09:56 PM
I didn't feel top end porpoise either till I exceeded 95. Then on smooth water 95-100 a very slight porpoise. Small enough to seem water surface induced but maybe not.
As for wedge, no speed gain but ride improvement yes. The extra water bending has got to affect thrust but not enough to notice overall with my setup. My wedge's 4 down now so that adds to PD down trim. Ride in the rough with full down PD noticeably impoved still not perfect. Since my full-up trim stop's short of full-up, I'm thinking of trying a bigger down wedge for better handling in the rough.
jer

djdtpr
07-12-2004, 08:35 AM
The rough water stuff i dont worry about cause we usually hang out on the lower end of the colorado where there isnt much traffic.Last year the boat ran in the mid 90's with a natuarally asperated motor i never felt anything as far as a porpoise at those speeds.There are a couple other guys that are running the pc down where we go but the are blown injected on alchohol and running a little faster than me.I have also talked to them about it and neither one of them has had that problem,and one used to owne placecraft boats and still ownes the mold on the new style hull.But they both do porpoise at low speed.I was told that they do it cause at low speed they dont pack enough air under them due to shallow tunnels.