PDA

View Full Version : Folsom Water Level

Dr. Eagle
07-05-2004, 07:20 PM
Boy did the Bu Rec blow it again this year. They thought there'd be a wet march/april and so they dumped lots of water out of Folsom Lake.
Guess what, it was a dry couple of months. Result..........LOW WATER...... the likes of which I have never seen in early July here. This is more like a late november water level!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1152MVC-366F-med.JPG Salmon Falls Bridge... http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1152MVC-365F-med.JPG Folsom Point Launch Area http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1152MVC-371F-med.JPGFolsom Dam http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1152MVC-370F-med.JPG Folsom Dam
I just get pissed at the Bu Rec because they constantly miss call on how much to let out when. It'd be one thing if it was a fluke, but it has been a fluke each year that the Lake actually filled!
On the bright side... I met a HB board member out there. Hello Dribble!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1152MVC-382F-med.JPG
Very nice to meet you, sorry we couldn't hang due to the whiney kids in the boat!

Debbolas
07-05-2004, 07:27 PM
Are they the same people that suck all the water out of Lake Naciemento?

Scream
07-05-2004, 07:27 PM
Very nice to meet you, sorry we couldn't hang due to the whiney kids in the boat!
So much for the kid lover in you doc...
Damn, that guy is Dooommmmeeeeddd
:D :D :D

Debbolas
07-05-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Scream
No, no, honey its....................
DOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!
you add an extra "O"
:rolleyes:

Dr. Eagle
07-05-2004, 07:30 PM
If they are mine or my grandkids well...... that's different! :wink: :p :D

Dr. Eagle
07-05-2004, 07:32 PM
Oh and both of you are wrong... if you really wanna get the doomed thing right, you have to include the link like....
DOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.fedex.com/us/about/advertising/tvads/dramawm.html?link=4)

Scream
07-05-2004, 07:36 PM
LMAO...
So call those bastards that drained you lake and make em fill that sombitch back up. It's simple really once you have a drink and think about it...

Dr. Eagle
07-05-2004, 07:39 PM
LMAO...
So call those bastards that drained you lake and make em fill that sombitch back up. It's simple really once you have a drink and think about it...
LOL...... probably take a couple of shots for me......... LOL......
They'll be getting a call tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scream
07-05-2004, 07:41 PM
WoooHooo, don't forget to record it and play it back right here on radio Hot Boat...
That's what we need, a Radio program devoted to our sport of posting, I mean boating...

Dr. Eagle
07-05-2004, 07:44 PM
Yeah, you could have a radio show about safety around the boats and propellers, and I could have a show about safety around the boat and propellers........ Hey........wait a minute........
OK since my injury was more heinous, I will do that, you can host a show on prop, drive and skeg repair!

eliot
07-05-2004, 08:07 PM
They also had to let a significant amount of water out when the levee broke outside of stockton.

Debbolas
07-05-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Yeah, you could have a radio show about safety around the boats and propellers, and I could have a show about safety around the boat and propellers........ Hey........wait a minute........
OK since my injury was more heinous, I will do that, you can host a show on prop, drive and skeg repair!
What is my show about?;)

Scream
07-05-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by eliot
They also had to let a significant amount of water out when the levee broke outside of stockton.
Hey, what's wrong with you, you're on topic here...LOL
Forgot about the levee thingy.. We So Cal folks don't have any of those, at least what I would call levee's.

Debbolas
07-05-2004, 08:18 PM
Led Zepplin - When the Levee breaks
(opps, thought this was the song chain);)

Dr. Eagle
07-05-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
What is my show about?;)
Lets see...... Ambulance Driving? First Aiding? Inside boat cleaning? Pastie Denial? Lord of the Rings? I am sure Radio Free Hot Boat will come up with something for the mighty Deb...:D

Debbolas
07-05-2004, 08:35 PM
Lets see...... Ambulance Driving? First Aiding? Inside boat cleaning? Pastie Denial? Lord of the Rings? I am sure Radio Free Hot Boat will come up with something for the mighty Deb...:D
:D
ah, thanks Doc!;)
(pastie denial? I have some, I just don't ever wear them....lol)
A cookin show?
Aunt La Don's potato's! (yum);)

Dr. Eagle
07-05-2004, 08:49 PM
ah, thanks Doc!;)
(pastie denial? I have some, I just don't ever wear them....lol)
A cookin show?
Aunt La Don's potato's! (yum);)
A cooking show.... yeah..... Debs Delisciously Dainty Delights...;)

Debbolas
07-05-2004, 08:49 PM
A cooking show.... yeah..... Debs Delisciously Dainty Delights...;)

Dr. Eagle
07-05-2004, 08:55 PM
ILIWAPCT:D

Debbolas
07-05-2004, 08:57 PM
ILIWAPCT:D
I like it when a person can toedance?
I like it when any post can too?

Dr. Eagle
07-05-2004, 08:59 PM
I like it when a person can toedance?
I like it when any post can too?
I love it when a plan comes together.......

Debbolas
07-05-2004, 09:00 PM
IWSC:D

Dr. Eagle
07-05-2004, 09:02 PM
IWSC:D
I was so confused?

Debbolas
07-05-2004, 09:03 PM
I Was So Close:D
TFB

Dr. Eagle
07-05-2004, 09:06 PM
I Was So Close:D
TFB
I like it when a person can toedance...... close..... LOL....... as Dr. Evil would say....
RRRRRRRRRRRiiiiiiiight;)

NorCal Gameshow
07-05-2004, 09:26 PM
Wait till they have to dump more h20 out, to save the one legged snail in the bay....:(

Rexone
07-05-2004, 09:48 PM
Just food for thought. How'd you like to be the dam guy who decided not to let the water out and then record rains did come for those 2 months and flooded everyone out for miles and miles below the dam causing hundreds of millions of dollars in damage and peoples livelihoods, homes and businesses destroyed. Gotta remember dams weren't primarily built for boating, built for flood control and water storage and management.
Rex(gonnagetmyassbeatonthisone)one :eek:

NorCal Gameshow
07-05-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Rexone
Just food for thought. How'd you like to be the dam guy who decided not to let the water out and then record rains did come for those 2 months and flooded everyone out for miles and miles below the dam causing hundreds of millions of dollars in damage and peoples livelihoods, homes and businesses destroyed. Gotta remember dams weren't primarily built for boating, built for flood control and water storage and management.
who hacked into rexone's computer??? i'm suprised you didn't bring up a new tax to remedy the situation...:D

Rexone
07-05-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by NorCal Gameshow
who hacked into rexone's computer??? i'm suprised you didn't bring up a new tax to remedy the situation...:D
Barbara Boxer called and asked for my password to do some system maintenance. It seemed harmless at the time. :rolleyes:
Seriously though, imagine the pissing and moaning and finger pointing if we had a 50 year flood year and the dam had been full. A similar situation actually occurred at Parker many years ago, flooded the whole damn strip out, no where to put the water. I'm sure the water managers are real gunshy of liability and the ramifications of not acting in the publics best interest on the side of caution.
I'm sure the dam guys act on the recommendations of the meteorlogical community in whats likely to happen. I doubt the just pull straws from a glass to determine how much water to dump. And we all know how correct the weather predictions are most the time.

Dribble
07-06-2004, 05:55 AM
but it has been a fluke each year that the Lake actually filled!
On the bright side... I met a HB board member out there. Hello Dribble!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1152MVC-382F-med.JPG
You too. Next time just throw them overboard. Always works for us. :D

Dr. Eagle
07-06-2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Dribble
You too. Next time just throw them overboard. Always works for us. :D
I'll remember that. Actually I'll just tell him to bring HIS boat... which used to be MY boat... LOL...

Dr. Eagle
07-06-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Rexone
Actually Rex, you are right. Folsom Dam alone is not enough flood control for the area, so they are always walking on the knife edge trying to do the right thing. Just wish they had a better crystal ball!:(

HCS
07-06-2004, 08:13 AM
the water level is just fine in the river.:D

Dr. Eagle
07-06-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
the water level is just fine in the river.:D
for now........