PDA

View Full Version : Who damaged their boat/prop/skeg/self this weekend?

Debbolas
07-05-2004, 08:07 PM
We messed up our prop/skeg, Jet Boat Rich had a problem.......anyone else?

Beautiful Noise
07-05-2004, 08:12 PM
Well since I left my Boat at home and went to Parker the Sea-Doos ran great:D :D

Debbolas
07-05-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Beautiful Noise
Well since I left my Boat at home and went to Parker the Sea-Doos ran great:D :D
But.............you didn't vote:(

phebus
07-05-2004, 08:13 PM
I avoided the holiday crowds and stayed home. Heading off to Powell, where I can hopefully avoid all problems. Thinking about picking up a spare prop though.....

ratso
07-05-2004, 08:15 PM
My Stryker ingested water through the exhaust, tried to spin it over and stripped the starter. Got towed in and went and got my HydroStream just in time to get back out on the water for the fireworks show.

Debbolas
07-05-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by phebus
I avoided the holiday crowds and stayed home. Heading off to Powell, where I can hopefully avoid all problems. Thinking about picking up a spare prop though.....
I read your post, Scream has a lot of info about props now.......pm him:D

phebus
07-05-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
I read your post, Scream has a lot of info about props now.......pm him:D
Done, thanks. :D

Dr. Eagle
07-05-2004, 08:29 PM
2 trips to the lake..... no damage to anything...

Beautiful Noise
07-05-2004, 08:29 PM
But.............you didn't vote:(
Sorry I was short a few brain cells.................Thanks for catching that for me;) :D

JetBoatRich
07-05-2004, 08:31 PM
Yes my boat did get damaged over the weekend. Friday on the water:yuk: took a big wake and came down hard, water coming in from the bottom of the boat is not good:eek:

Debbolas
07-05-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
2 trips to the lake..... no damage to anything...
So not fair........we have had something happen every trip, except the OP6 one. (Hey we didn't bring the kids to that one)
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?!?!;)
Debbolas<----------thinking....

Dr. Eagle
07-05-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
Yes my boat did get damaged over the weekend. Friday on the water:yuk: took a big wake and came down hard, water coming in from the bottom of the boat is not good:eek:
Cracks next to the stringers?:(

Dr. Eagle
07-05-2004, 08:35 PM
So not fair........we have had something happen every trip, except the OP6 one. (Hey we didn't bring the kids to that one)
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?!?!;)
Debbolas<----------thinking....
Shoulda mentioned the EXTREMELY LOW WATER LEVEL LAKE!!!!!!!!

Debbolas
07-05-2004, 08:38 PM
Shoulda mentioned the EXTREMELY LOW WATER LEVEL LAKE!!!!!!!!
Yeah, but you have the Delta, isn't there a bunch of water up there? Maybe we will head up in August....If you can find a lake with water in it. Our friends live up that a ways...;)

Dr. Eagle
07-05-2004, 08:40 PM
Yeah, but you have the Delta, isn't there a bunch of water up there? Maybe we will head up in August....If you can find a lake with water in it. Our friends live up that a ways...;)
Gotta be careful in the Delta, tidal influence makes the water level sketchy. Some places look deep and are really 2-3 feet deep. Just have to watch it.
But I have to drive like 30 minutes to get to the Delta... unlike my 3 - 5 minute trip to the ramp here at Folsom...:(

Debbolas
07-05-2004, 08:42 PM
3 1/2 hours to Moabi
4 hours to Havasu
5-6 hours to Lake Mead
10 hours to Lake Powell
You are pretty lucky to be so close

JetBoatRich
07-05-2004, 08:44 PM
Cracks next to the stringers?:(
You got it, right side about 6 inch's away. Cut it alot of it out today, total rebuild inside from deck back. :eek:

canuck1
07-05-2004, 08:45 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
[B]Gotta be careful in the Delta, tidal influence makes the water level sketchy. Some places look deep and are really 2-3 feet deep. Just have to watch it.
2 - 3 feet is real deep

Dr. Eagle
07-05-2004, 08:46 PM
You got it, right side about 6 inch's away. Cut it alot of it out today, total rebuild inside from deck back. :eek:
Ouch...... thats gonna jack the summer.....

JetBoatRich
07-05-2004, 08:50 PM
Ouch...... thats gonna jack the summer.....
why is that:( actually AngryJosh came over this afternoon, next thing you know the engine is out and the floor is cut out. Stringers tomorrow, reglass by the weekend:rolleyes: Still looking to make our Parker run next week:cool:

Dr. Eagle
07-05-2004, 08:54 PM
Pretty quick work dude!!!!!

Debbolas
07-05-2004, 08:55 PM
Can he come fix my skeg/prop?;)

Dr. Eagle
07-05-2004, 09:01 PM
Not with sawzall and fiberglass.......;)

Debbolas
07-05-2004, 09:02 PM
details, details................;)

Dr. Eagle
07-05-2004, 09:03 PM
details, details................;)
Yep, thats where the DEVIL lives...:devil:

Kachina26
07-05-2004, 09:13 PM
No damage, of course it never left the trailer. But I did tow it 240 miles without any problems.

Debbolas
07-06-2004, 12:06 PM
I am glad most everyone made it through this weekend ok....;)
(how's that new prop coming, honey?):rolleyes:

Starloans
07-06-2004, 01:23 PM
I think I broke the coupling.
Coming down river from the sandbar late Fri afternoon. Clean water, no boats, no wakes looking like a good run. I got the stick buried. The stock 525 is answering all bells. 5 adults and gear on board. I'm checking 72 on the GPS spedo.
BAM! Engine just shuts down. I quickly raise the hatch to see if we are continuing to float. Looks ok. I hit the key and it fires. Sounds fine. I put a little gas on it but doesn't pull but I can tell it's moving forward at idle. Smoke starts coming from the back of the engine. I smell a burnt rubber smell. I guess when the coupling thingy broke the engine reved and the computer shut it down.
I pick up the phone and call Carlos. Damn, those guys take care of me! He says call Chad. Chad says there is a rubber coupling /doughnut thingy back there that is probably stripped out or something. Gotta pull the engine. But, I do get to idle back to the ramp without a tow. I didn't even know about a rubber thingy back there. I thought it was a straight driveshaft.
I don't want to drag this thing back to SD, so on Sat I go over to Savage. First time in there and yep, those guys are about as fun as a funeral. No warranty work on the weekend, (I just asked if he could fix it at all, not right then), that part is not under warranty anyway, about $2K parts and labor. I call Carlos back and he says bring it home.
I rented a pontoon boat for the rest of the weekend. I did have to pay an extra $100 because I scuffed the prop on that POS! I was gonna call Joey to see if I could borrow his pontoon but I see on another thread he was probably using it. :eek!: Sorry Joey, J/K! Hope you get the drive fixed.

RiverDave
07-06-2004, 01:46 PM
I lost a prop over the weekend.. Getting it repaired here hopefully in the near future. :)
I don't think it did any drive damage, but it's a little early to tell.
RD

al cole'holic
07-06-2004, 02:35 PM
..let's see: brain cells for sure cause drinking Captn's til 5am is not healthy, prop seems ok but the skeg took a lick or two, no cracks, had a broad slice her ass right at the fold of the cheek on the prop, and finally had some very nice backfiring pop pop pops going on under the hatch :D :( :D

Debbolas
07-06-2004, 02:43 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1271DSC01452-med.JPG

HCS
07-06-2004, 02:45 PM
Sorry to hear about all the misfortunes.
We went to the river up this way. Drove about 35 min. to a nice
white sandy beach. Threw out the anchor and some lounge
chairs. The water was nice and cool. I think we saw about 9 other
boats all day. The kids played in the sand and we BS'd over some
cold beers.
After a nice buzz we went for a ski run. Talk about a high!
Not another boat on the water, smooth as glass. Cut it up back
and forth until I dropped. Then it was next guy's turn.
After everyone got their run in, it was back to the beach for some
coldies. Then we watch the sun go down and criuze back to the
marina. What a ride!
Then when we got home we went for pizza and beer.
Another day in paradise.:D

Debbolas
07-06-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
Sorry to hear about all the misfortunes.
We went to the river up this way. Drove about 35 min. to a nice
white sandy beach. Threw out the anchor and some lounge
chairs. The water was nice and cool. I think we saw about 9 other
boats all day. The kids played in the sand and we BS'd over some
cold beers.
After a nice buzz we went for a ski run. Talk about a high!
Not another boat on the water, smooth as glass. Cut it up back
and forth until I dropped. Then it was next guy's turn.
After everyone got there run in, it was back to the beach for some
coldies. Then we watch the sun go down and criuze back to the
marina. What a ride!
Then when we got home we went for pizza and beer.
Another day in paradise.:D
Sounds awsome!
:D

Sherpa
07-06-2004, 04:10 PM
I don't understand how soo many people can run aground in
their boats..
I have over 580 hours on my boat, and the only time I ever
touched bottom was at a boat ramp turned backwards, while
in nuetral idling..........
In Texas, 90% of all I/O's have little/no skeg's left on the outdrive/
outboard lower units........... amazing.... they sell ALOT of skeg
protectors down there..........
--Sherpa

HCS
07-06-2004, 04:19 PM
Where I go most of the ground is sand. All it will do is polish the
prop.
If I'm at an unfamiliar lake I'm careful where I go.:rolleyes:

DryHeatOnly
07-06-2004, 04:29 PM
I damaged my pride...I ran out of gas between Moabi and Needles yesterday. :(
I ran the tank down to "E" once before. When I filled it, I was only able to stuff in 65 gallons (80 gallon tank). When the gauge hit the "E" mark this time, I thought I had plenty. I guess not.
Luckily my buddy was behind me to give a tow.

Debbolas
07-06-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by ShockwaveBob
I have a huge bruise on my right ass cheek from jumping onto my buddy's 255 Hallett and landing on the railing. Alcohol may have been involved. ;)
LMAO!!!
Too Funny.....LOL;)
We hit (I think the same rock) a few years ago in our Sea Ray we were launching out of the Roach Motel and hit our (then) aluminum prop. We bought a steel one after that. (Ok, probably not the same rock, this one was in the middle of the river)
((and I was thinking of buying property up there....LOL))
:rolleyes:

River Lynchmob
07-06-2004, 05:26 PM
9 river trips and and no damage to anything yet (knock wood). Other than the obvious brain cells taking a beating.

Beautiful Noise
07-06-2004, 05:27 PM
Now this is a Major OUCH,Sorry to see that

RiverToysJas
07-06-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
I lost a prop over the weekend.. Getting it repaired here hopefully in the near future. :)
I don't think it did any drive damage, but it's a little early to tell.
RD
Sorry to hear that RD. Where'd you munch the prop @ ???
RTJas

Debbolas
07-06-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Beautiful Noise
Now this is a Major OUCH,Sorry to see that
Did you see what is left of our skeg?!?
:(
Deb

NAMarine
07-06-2004, 05:58 PM
I can honestly say no problems from this weekend. Ran all three days. Saw lots of flesh at the sandbar here (clothing optional) with about 400 people there and alot of drunks. I do have a slight vibration though and will find it.

Beautiful Noise
07-06-2004, 08:58 PM
Did you see what is left of our skeg?!?
:(
Deb
The Pic didnt show the skag to well but I can Imagine:(

Debbolas
07-07-2004, 06:38 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1271DSC01450-med.JPG
Here is what is left of our skeg:(

txtaz
07-07-2004, 06:55 AM
Oooouuuuccchhhhhhhhhh Deb,
I hit a rock over the weekend and the skeg guard did it's job. It's a little bent up and can be pounded out and the skeg is fine. You might want to look at one. They are cheaper than a new skeg.

LHC30Victory
07-07-2004, 06:56 AM
3 1/2 hours to Moabi
4 hours to Havasu
5-6 hours to Lake Mead
10 hours to Lake Powell
You are pretty lucky to be so close
Hey Deb, you forgot 1Hr to the OCEAN!
BTW maybe the rocks are softer there :-)

Debbolas
07-07-2004, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by LHC30Victory
Hey Deb, you forgot 1Hr to the OCEAN!
BTW maybe the rocks are softer there :-)
I know, I know, but all that salt water, just gives me the willies!
(Maybe someday, we would like to do a Catalina Run)
Oooouuuuccchhhhhhhhhh Deb,
I hit a rock over the weekend and the skeg guard did it's job. It's a little bent up and can be pounded out and the skeg is fine. You might want to look at one. They are cheaper than a new skeg.
My insurance guy suggested that....we may have to look into that, Matt has the prop down at the shop now....:(

LHC30Victory
07-07-2004, 07:31 AM
Hey is this SCREAM's way of getting back at that prop for cutting him so often????

Debbolas
07-07-2004, 07:41 AM
Maybe...........LOL:)
Kinda expensive thing to do though....;)

LHC30Victory
07-07-2004, 07:44 AM
I hear that York Props in Anaheim is a great place to have prop surgery.

LASERRAY
07-08-2004, 08:58 PM
Just got back a couple of hours ago from 6 days at Shaver. Here's all the negatives:
Filled-up the boat in Sanger about 10 miles from HWY 168 that takes you up the hill to Shaver. MISTAKE! Thanks to the elevation and reduction in atmospheric pressure, my boat was puking gas all the way up the 5000 ft. climb to the lake according to my sister-in-law that was in the car behind me, and the CHP officer that pulled me over and wrote me a ticket for not useing the turnouts when being followed by 5 or more cars. ( my sister in law later told me after the fact that there were only three cars including herself and the officer). Good thing he didn't notice that my brake lights weren't working. They stopped working en route. Fuses, connectors ok. So looks like it's going back to the dealer for that and the cruise control that took a shit.
So from there we arrive at the lake, find our campsite and start to set-up. We are then douched by an impromptu rainstorm while setting camp. Minor, no water damage but a sign of things to come.
So I decide to leave my boat on the trailer Saturday due to the amount of lake lice, the absence of any available spots to moor my boat among all the Bayliners and pontoon boats, and the general bad attitude of the July 4th crowd. Now keep in mind, the date is only the 3rd, but everyone in a 100 mile radius was at Shaver that day for on the lake, boat-in fireworks display. The July 4th Fireworks were at Bass Lake, just up the road a piece.
Sunday, launched the boat, had the outdrive a little too far down and chipped the skeg on the ramp.:mad:
Other then that, a decent day.
Monday, I was sick all day. Didn't leave the motorhome/campsite and stayed in bed 'till 2:00 pm and drank a 12 pack of Arrowhead.
I think it was altitude sickness. Really.:(
Tuesday, having fun all day untill I hit a submerged boulder and thrashed my prop and damaged my skeg further.:mad: I was paying full attention and passed this same spot numerous times that day. The way the skeg bent and the blades bent, it looks like I just hit the topside of the boulder. I was able to straighten the prop blades back to somewhat normal in order to finish-out the trip. But it's going into the shop next week.:o
Thursday/Today at 4:00pm on the 99 FWY in Delano. BLOWOUT!!!:eek:
The right rear "Duro" tire on my Zieman trailer blew to smithereens.:mad:
But we all made it home in one piece.;)

Debbolas
07-08-2004, 09:02 PM
wow, not good sorry, want to see pics of my prop?
;)http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1271DSC01452-med.JPG

LASERRAY
07-08-2004, 09:05 PM
wow, not good sorry, want to see pics of my prop?
;) I saw your prop, which gave me the courage to tell my story.:D I didn't hear the story behind the pictures though...........................! Enlighten me.;)

redneckgirl
07-08-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
Just got back a couple of hours ago from 6 days at Shaver. Here's all the negatives:
Filled-up the boat in Sanger about 10 miles from HWY 168 that takes you up the hill to Shaver. MISTAKE! Thanks to the elevation and reduction in atmospheric pressure, my boat was puking gas all the way up the 5000 ft. climb to the lake according to my sister-in-law that was in the car behind me, and the CHP officer that pulled me over and wrote me a ticket for not useing the turnouts when being followed by 5 or more cars. ( my sister in law later told me after the fact that there were only three cars including herself and the officer). Good thing he didn't notice that my brake lights weren't working. They stopped working en route. Fuses, connectors ok. So looks like it's going back to the dealer for that and the cruise control that took a shit.
So from there we arrive at the lake, find our campsite and start to set-up. We are then douched by an impromptu rainstorm while setting camp. Minor, no water damage but a sign of things to come.
So I decide to leave my boat on the trailer Saturday due to the amount of lake lice, the absence of any available spots to moor my boat among all the Bayliners and pontoon boats, and the general bad attitude of the July 4th crowd. Now keep in mind, the date is only the 3rd, but everyone in a 100 mile radius was at Shaver that day for on the lake, boat-in fireworks display. The July 4th Fireworks were at Bass Lake, just up the road a piece.
Sunday, launched the boat, had the outdrive a little too far down and chipped the skeg on the ramp.:mad:
Other then that, a decent day.
Monday, I was sick all day. Didn't leave the motorhome/campsite and stayed in bed 'till 2:00 pm and drank a 12 pack of Arrowhead.
I think it was altitude sickness. Really.:(
Tuesday, having fun all day untill I hit a submerged boulder and thrashed my prop and damaged my skeg further.:mad: I was paying full attention and passed this same spot numerous times that day. The way the skeg bent and the blades bent, it looks like I just hit the topside of the boulder. I was able to straighten the prop blades back to somewhat normal in order to finish-out the trip. But it's going into the shop next week.:o
Thursday/Today at 4:00pm on the 99 FWY in Delano. BLOWOUT!!!:eek:
The right rear "Duro" tire on my Zieman trailer blew to smithereens.:mad:
But we all made it home in one piece.;)
Dude you do not want to put your boat in the water the rest of this summer... If you come to Naci you and your family can ride in our boat... just don't bring your bad luck :frown: :D Ray, Havasu Luvr is coming in August may be you can come the same weekend...
RNG

Debbolas
07-08-2004, 09:09 PM
And here is our skeg ( not skag)
Not much to tell, we went above the Needles bridge, going to check out AVI where we WERE going to stay next month, clear water, 3-4 feet deep, shallow, but looked ok..........suddenly..........BAM! so we stop and look and just see the prop is messed up. float downriver, pack up and go home. Pull the boat off the water and see the skeg...OMG! The thing is , the water didn't look, like it looks when there are shallow rocks. No signs what so ever.....I can read the water, and see sandbars, rocks etc.... you know? This just came out of nowhere. Matt says we must have hit a volkswagen...lol
Matt gets the estimate tomorrow...............:rolleyes:

LASERRAY
07-08-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by redneckgirl
Dude you do not want to put your boat in the water the rest of this summer... If you come to Naci you and your family can ride in our boat... just don't bring your bad luck :frown: :D Ray, Havasu Luvr is coming in August may be you can come the same weekend...
RNG Which weekend? I have a couple of trips planned for August already, camping at the Kern River, and another local trip to Lake Casitas.

redneckgirl
07-08-2004, 09:18 PM
He posted on HSW that he would come the 2 or 3 week in August... Look at the thread regarding the weekend of the 17th...
RNG

LASERRAY
07-08-2004, 09:18 PM
Not much to tell, we went above the Needles bridge, going to check out AVI where we WERE going to stay next month, clear water, 3-4 feet deep, shallow, but looked ok..........suddenly..........BAM! so we stop and look and just see the prop is messed up. float downriver, pack up and go home. Pull the boat off the water and see the skeg...OMG! The thing is , the water didn't look, like it looks when there are shallow rocks. No signs what so ever.....I can read the water, and see sandbars, rocks etc.... you know? This just came out of nowhere. Matt says we must have hit a volkswagen...lol
Matt gets the estimate tomorrow...............:rolleyes: That sucks!:eek:
The funny thing about Shaver is that damaged props are almost expected there. The submerged boulders aren't marked, that way, Edison doesn't have to take responsibility for them. It makes me want to open a prop business up there.

LASERRAY
07-08-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by redneckgirl
He posted on HSW that he would come the 2 or 3 week in August... Look at the thread regarding the weekend of the 17th...
RNG ;) I check my calander.

LASERRAY
07-08-2004, 09:30 PM
Matt gets the estimate tomorrow...............:rolleyes: I'm sure the little WTF? Guy ( :confused: ) entered your minds immediately after hearing the BAM!

Debbolas
07-08-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
That sucks!:eek:
The funny thing about Shaver is that damaged props are almost expected there. The submerged boulders aren't marked, that way, Edison doesn't have to take responsibility for them. It makes me want to open a prop business up there.
You would be a rich man, if you also fixed skegs...............;)

LASERRAY
07-08-2004, 09:35 PM
You would be a rich man, if you also fixed skegs...............;) I'd be my best customer.:D

Debbolas
07-08-2004, 09:36 PM
Apparently so would we....................lol/man this sucks/:D

LASERRAY
07-08-2004, 09:44 PM
Apparently so would we....................lol/man this sucks/:D At least you have a good attitude about it. My wife doesn't enjoy boating as it is. Throw a couple of "minor mechanical incidents" into the mix and suddenly she wants no part of the boating lifestyle, at all. "Sell the boat" seems to roll of her tongue like poetry.:D She just doesn't get it.:rolleyes:

Debbolas
07-09-2004, 10:31 AM
I was so upset after it happened I couldn't ever remember anything good about the week. We had a great week, I know we did.
It was an accident, each time we go out we learn something new, we have only been boating for 8 years.
I love boating and the river.
I'm going to be one of those old ladies you see, all wrinkled up, wearing a black bikini, driving my grandkids down the river in my boat!:D
RiverDave is setting us up with another prop and the skeg/skag is being looked at/ fixed as we speak.
Got the big Lake Powell trip next weekend;)

Dr. Eagle
07-09-2004, 11:45 AM
Sorry to hear about your escapades Ray, bummer on the prop, and the rainstorm and the CHP and the Skeg, and the blowout and ....... is that all...? These things happen all the time.
My wife and I were at Don Pedro one time and the rear view mirror on the right side of the suburban fell off as I adjusted it low so I could see where I was backing the trailer wheels. It just fell off and landed face down, cracked to hell.
My wife said "why can't we just go somewhere and have a good time without something BREAKING?" Kinda seems like that sometimes..:(

LASERRAY
07-10-2004, 02:38 PM
Sorry to hear about your escapades Ray, bummer on the prop, and the rainstorm and the CHP and the Skeg, and the blowout and ....... is that all...? These things happen all the time.
My wife and I were at Don Pedro one time and the rear view mirror on the right side of the suburban fell off as I adjusted it low so I could see where I was backing the trailer wheels. It just fell off and landed face down, cracked to hell.
My wife said "why can't we just go somewhere and have a good time without something BREAKING?" Kinda seems like that sometimes..:( I forgot to mention that an eight inch pine cone fell out of a 75 foot cedar tree onto my sister in law's minivan an left a dent the size of a hockey puck.:rolleyes:

RiverOtter
07-10-2004, 03:35 PM
Bimini Broke at 30 MPH!!!!!:mad:

Debbolas
07-10-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by RiverOtter
Bimini Broke at 30 MPH!!!!!:mad:
Oh, that happened to our friend in their Chapparell.
Not good......:(

Debbolas
07-10-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
MY FRIEND LOST HIS @80MPH:eek: :D
LMAO!!!:D
We take ours down if we go over 50......LOL;)

RiverOtter
07-10-2004, 06:08 PM
Oh, that happened to our friend in their Chapparell.
Not good......:(
Unbelievable! I have a Chaparral. 3rd one I've owned. No other problems though.

Debbolas
07-10-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by RiverOtter
Unbelievable! I have a Chaparral. 3rd one I've owned. No other problems though.
No way!
Their boat is about 8 years old a 18 ft. Immaculat condition, it looks brand new! They take great care of it. The pin that holds the bimini broke and the frame bent.
Our SeaRay we always had problems with the bimini pins shaking loose. Always had to keep an eye on them. Our new Kachina has a slide in bimini (that was the second question I asked all the dealers, the first was.......how fast does it go!);)

Debbolas
07-10-2004, 06:14 PM
Do you have the slide throught thingys?
;)
Our's has a slide in bimini lock.....no more pins to worry about:D

RiverOtter
07-10-2004, 06:16 PM
No Kachinas around here :( . Mine is an '02. It has a screw that holds the main part of the frame in. 2nd time it has done this. This time the screw flew out of the boat. The bimini and frame are fine. Just a bad for the top to break. Did nothing but dodge thunderstoms today. But, better than staying at home.

Debbolas
07-10-2004, 06:22 PM
I NEED TO GET NEW CLIPS
The front part that clips onto the boat?
No Kachinas around here . Mine is an '02. It has a screw that holds the main part of the frame in. 2nd time it has done this. This time the screw flew out of the boat. The bimini and frame are fine. Just a bad for the top to break. Did nothing but dodge thunderstoms today. But, better than staying at home.
Kachina is an Arizona Power Boat company.....
And any day on the lake is better than a day at home:D

RiverOtter
07-10-2004, 06:27 PM
The front part that clips onto the boat?
Kachina is an Arizona Power Boat company.....
And any day on the lake is better than a day at home:D
Oh, very familiar with them. Just none around here. In fact as I was crusing up the river today my wife notice a very colorful boat. I looked over and say an Eliminator 30 Daytona! Brand New on a lift. The only other one I've seen around here was 15 years ago and it was a 19' outboard. No custom boats here. Mostly big Sea Rays, little Sea Rays, Chaparrals, Brants, etc...

Debbolas
07-10-2004, 06:28 PM
Do you know where Mickey TN is? My dad was born there:)

RiverOtter
07-10-2004, 06:29 PM
Do you know where Mickey TN is? My dad was born there:)
Nope, Chattanooga is in the Southeast corner of the State.

Debbolas
07-10-2004, 06:31 PM
Oh, well..........;)

Dr. Eagle
07-10-2004, 07:13 PM
Oh, well..........;)
Deep subject, Deb!!!:D

JetBoatRich
07-10-2004, 10:58 PM
The repairs are going awesome:D ,May just make the next trip:cool:

Debbolas
07-11-2004, 02:45 PM
Bump for Didicumore:D

dicudmore
07-11-2004, 07:56 PM
thanks for the bump....
sorry to read of everyone's misfortune.
well lets see I'll play too.
Was towing my buddies Hallett out last weekend for him (mead, my boat is already out there) and as I pull into Henderson the left front trailer wheel starts to wobble. Not good, pull into the nearest parking lot (100' or so) jack it up and we've got all sorts of play, looks like we have lost a bearing. Pull the wheel and tire off and tow it to a friends house not far from there. Abandon for the week, hook mine up, head for the lake. Go back sunday w/fresh set of bearings, and find the inner race has spun on the axle shaft and its gonna take a whole friggin axle to get this thing road worthy again. Houseboat trip starts following day so screw it we're towing it to the lake on 3 wheels...
thats all the story I can remember right now. :D

Dr. Eagle
07-11-2004, 08:00 PM
The genius of a tandem axle trailer.. and the utility of a piece of chain... amazing!

77charger
07-11-2004, 08:02 PM
been there done that too except no chain just hang didnt touch so i was ok.

Kachina26
07-12-2004, 05:50 AM
HMMMMMM..........My Mead trip was the first where I came home with no horror stories to tell. 3rd time is a charm I guess. Ok enough hi-jack I'll tell the rest on my own Mead thread. Glad you made it home ok Dicudmore. What the heck does that mean anyway?

Debbolas
07-12-2004, 08:40 AM
yeah Didcudmore, what does your name mean....?
(I have always wondered that) and you may jack away on my threads..........oh, that didn't come out right. I mean you can go off topic, no biggie..........
Dicudmore
Did I see you more?:D

dicudmore
07-12-2004, 08:43 AM
what dicudmore means......
and a thread jack....
prob should change to something more friendly to pronounce, but y'all know me as that already.
stands for DanIanCudmore

Debbolas
07-12-2004, 10:13 PM
Thank you!

Kachina26
07-13-2004, 05:01 AM
I can now die a happy man. Oh the agony I went through....... dickedmore? dicked U more? die cud U more? whew the list was endless. Now what will I think about while fininshing that valve job on that old sub?

JetBoatRich
07-13-2004, 05:49 AM
Put the motor back in the boat late last night:D

Kachina26
07-13-2004, 05:58 AM
Put the motor back in the boat late last night:D
You're an animal! I could never have made that kind of repair.