PDA

View Full Version : Lost Engine Cover on the 91FRWY....

RiverToysJas
07-06-2004, 12:44 PM
Yesterday afternoon a 21' Eliminator lost it's engine cover on the 91, in Corona! It was laying in roughly the #3 lane. The dude was pulled over about 2 miles down, just before the dam. I think a guy in an H-2 flagged him down to pull over. The boat owner didn't look happy about the situation!
RTJas :D

Havasu_Dreamin
07-06-2004, 12:49 PM
Sounds like someone forgot to attach the little strap under the bench seat.

Scream
07-06-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Havasu_Dreamin
Sounds like someone forgot to attach the little strap under the bench seat.
Probably blame the wife or kids...That's what I'd do to save face...
Wow am I gonna get it...
Scream

Debbolas
07-06-2004, 12:54 PM
I was just thinking, this has never happened to us....LOL:D

gmocnik
07-06-2004, 01:43 PM
we saw that seat on the 91 and it looked like the one that flew out of a very similar boat as he was cutting me off and paying no attention on the lake sunday afternoon...
i wish i had the chance to run over it!!!!
gm

RiverToysJas
07-06-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by gmocnik
we saw that seat on the 91 and it looked like the one that flew out of a very similar boat as he was cutting me off and paying no attention on the lake sunday afternoon...
i wish i had the chance to run over it!!!!
gm
This wasn't a seat, it was an entire engine cover, though perhaps after being hit a few times it looked like a seat. ;)
It also tore up the bimini when it departed the boat. I think the boat was white with blues and light blues.
RTJas :D

Ducatista
07-06-2004, 02:32 PM
We saw several ice chests on the side of the I-40 around the bridges near Needles yesterday on the way home. The truckers on the CB's were eatin it up, it was pretty funny.

Starloans
07-06-2004, 03:06 PM
I saw a complete inboard engine cover on Rice.

Ziggy
07-06-2004, 03:47 PM
I count myself lucky. After 10 yrs of towing my old jet around I never had any incident of my hatch trying to lift...no latches just a few gas shocks to hold it down:rolleyes: :D
New boat has no strap either since I had the Dana Jacks installed---no lift on the cover whatsoever:D :D